Wikiposts

Meredith Kercher

Old Jan 31st 2014, 4:35 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meredith Kercher

Personally I think the Italian strategy is to either scare or bore Amanda Knox to death. I think the guy in prison already for doing it did it alone, he just pointed the finger at Knox and her boyfriend to try and help himself.

I always think court cases that make it into the media are helpful in that the justice system usually puts their A listers onto the case, the judge and the prosecution team and even then they usually come out of it looking quite bad. So imagine what happens when you're Joe Blow and there's no attention on the case.

Look at all the cases in Florida, Casey Anthony, George Zimmerman, William Kennedy Smith, Kathy Willets, etc. All complete circuses and total disasters.

I always say you should watch the movie: ...And Justice For All before going anywhere near the courts.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, well according to experts on Sky (and I realize half the time these experts are anything but) there is little reason to refuse if Italy request it. Double jeapordy doesn't apply here, and the US court that here's the extradition proceedings are unlikely to sit in judgement of the findings of the Italian court. So if she doesn't go, it's basically a big FU to Italy. After what happened to the old English guy accused of selling batteries to Iran, she had better be sent back!!

http://news.sky.com/story/1204117/am...tradited-by-us
Old Jan 31st 2014, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

I read her parents have said there's 'no way' she's returning to Italy. Guess that's it settled then.

I also wonder if she was a fifty-something fatty instead of a twenty-something hottie - albeit slightly creepy, anyone other than the victim's parents would actually give a shit.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
I think the guy in prison already for doing it did it alone, he just pointed the finger at Knox and her boyfriend to try and help himself.
That is my view too. There is no real motive, no real evidence, it's all based on that guy's word and the Police's need to get revenge for making them look silly.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

theOAP has a reputation beyond reputetheOAP has a reputation beyond reputetheOAP has a reputation beyond reputetheOAP has a reputation beyond reputetheOAP has a reputation beyond reputetheOAP has a reputation beyond reputetheOAP has a reputation beyond reputetheOAP has a reputation beyond reputetheOAP has a reputation beyond reputetheOAP has a reputation beyond reputetheOAP has a reputation beyond repute

There was an interesting synopsis from ITV. (warning - media source)

The US DoJ (Depertment of Justice) may not want to see the extradition agreement weakened in any way. The obvious reason is the extradition of mafia types from Italy. A US legal expert spoke saying the decision would be based on both heavy legal AND political influence. If the DoJ says yes, she goes to Italy.

On the other hand, it appears Italy do not want to tangle with the DoJ, and have made that known. If the DoJ say no, then she stays in the US.

Media sources - take from that what you will.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 10:03 am
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard to tell what to believe with this case. The facts are murky at best, I think Knox is a truly weird person and nothing about the case makes any sense at all. It doesn't help that the police appear to be totally inept (this is not me saying this, this is the Italian courts) and the previous lead prosecutor was Satan-obsessed, misogynistic and bullying loon who's now in jail.

I think we're years away from any extradition fight. Also, before any of you Brits get on your high horse about the American justice system or extradition I'll remind you of the cases of "sick old man" al-Megrahi or "harmless hacker" Gary McKinnon. Both were basically middle fingers to the US. Not saying it's perfect here, just that there's plenty of politics in this process in every country.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 10:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Also, before any of you Brits get on your high horse about the American justice system or extradition I'll remind you of the cases of "sick old man" al-Megrahi or "harmless hacker" Gary McKinnon. Both were basically middle fingers to the US.
So no Scots died in the Lockerbie bombing?
Old Jan 31st 2014, 10:28 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
So no Scots died in the Lockerbie bombing?
Nor English. I knew one of them quite well.

Anyone would think that only Americans count...
Old Jan 31st 2014, 10:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Nor English. I knew one of them quite well.

Anyone would think that only Americans count...
Which would be quite correct, thank you for mentioning it.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 11:07 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Which would be quite correct, thank you for mentioning it.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 11:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Is that a high horse you are sitting on holding that banner?
Old Jan 31st 2014, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Is that a high horse you are sitting on holding that banner?
More like on a bottle of tequila.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
It's hard to tell what to believe with this case. The facts are murky at best, I think Knox is a truly weird person and nothing about the case makes any sense at all. It doesn't help that the police appear to be totally inept (this is not me saying this, this is the Italian courts) and the previous lead prosecutor was Satan-obsessed, misogynistic and bullying loon who's now in jail.

I think we're years away from any extradition fight. Also, before any of you Brits get on your high horse about the American justice system or extradition I'll remind you of the cases of "sick old man" al-Megrahi or "harmless hacker" Gary McKinnon. Both were basically middle fingers to the US. Not saying it's perfect here, just that there's plenty of politics in this process in every country.
Prosecutors from around the world seem to be on an "ego trip". Once they get a conviction, they can't seem to give up since that would indicate that they were wrong with the initial conviction. This is true in the US, Italy, and many other countries.

The initial prosecution used a theory of a satanic ritual but the second one somehow theorizes that Knox was mad at Kercher about keeping her room clean and therefore had a guy with criminal background rape her and then convince her boyfriend of 10 days to conspire to kill her. Then after this all occurred, they somehow cleaned the room of all their DNA but not the DNA of the guy who raped her.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 11:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

More like on a bottle of tequila.
Run out of cooking sherry have we?
Old Jan 31st 2014, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Run out of cooking sherry have we?
Asi es companera.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.