Megyn Kelly

Old Oct 26th 2018, 9:45 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Megyn Kelly

Not sure what I am more shocked at, that she is getting let go for an off colour remark of her $69 million contract ! I can't say I watch Ms Kelly, as never had access to Fox (thankfully) but have seen the odd clip of her on You Tube, and thought she was quite good in a sassy sort of way.

The blackface at Halloween remark really doesn't seem that horrendous to me (and her, evidentally). Are Americans that sensitive or am I from a bygone era and not keeping up with the manufactured outrage of the times.

$69 million, that really is a large sum for a newsreader type. I don't know why the public is so into this 'winner takes all' system of wealth.
Old Oct 26th 2018, 1:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Megyn Kelly

IMHO, no one in the media circus warrants this type of salary.
Old Oct 26th 2018, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Not sure what I am more shocked at, that she is getting let go for an off colour remark of her $69 million contract ! I can't say I watch Ms Kelly, as never had access to Fox (thankfully) but have seen the odd clip of her on You Tube, and thought she was quite good in a sassy sort of way.

The blackface at Halloween remark really doesn't seem that horrendous to me (and her, evidentally). Are Americans that sensitive or am I from a bygone era and not keeping up with the manufactured outrage of the times.

$69 million, that really is a large sum for a newsreader type. I don't know why the public is so into this 'winner takes all' system of wealth.
She's not even on Fox!

Welcome to America.
Old Oct 26th 2018, 1:32 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
She's not even on Fox!

Welcome to America.
No I know she's NBC now but she used to be Fox.
Old Oct 26th 2018, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's less about what she said and more about how if she didn't realise it was a bad thing to say then she is going to make a much bigger goof sometime soon. Her contract is almost up anyway. I guess it was a ploy to lure some of the Fox idiots to NBC, but it was a poor move considering how low she went to shill for the Republicans on Fox.
Old Oct 26th 2018, 2:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well now it is about money, seems she has good legal representation as you would expect.

Most Americans are fine but there are sadly may who are easily offended.
Old Oct 26th 2018, 2:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

NBC should not have employed her in the first place. By all accounts she is a very unlikable individual. People who worked with her complained of the way she treated them. Right from the start she was resented by her colleagues at NBC. Al Roker and Tamran Hall were cut from the 9am hour and replaced by Kelly. Both popular, long term employees with good ratings. She was paid more than the other anchors who have been with NBC for years.

It was so obviously that NBC were trying very hard to integrate her with the rest of the Morning Show’s anchors. They had her alongside the anchors when doing morning ‘walk abouts’ in the Rockefeller Centre, she appeared with the others towards the end of the 8am hour. Lastly they positioned Jenna Bush (who is very likeable, a natural for chat shows) for the first 10/15 minutes of her show, in attempt to gain back some of the ratings.

Right from the start she upset people. In one of her first shows there was a situation with the Will and Grace actors. Several celebs have cancelled their appearances on her show because of various things she has said. When the Matt Lauer debacle happened, she was quick to jump in and publicly criticize him on her show. Yes he deserved it, but he was liked by many and it was seen as a betrayal.

Maybe if she had been liked and accepted by the rest of her colleagues at NBC, they would have closed ranks and not have come out in force against her.

She was a train wreck waiting to happen.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 26th 2018 at 11:07 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Oct 26th 2018, 11:06 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

She was also a bit of a moose.
They should hire Anne Diamond and Nick Owen. Or Frank Bough.
Old Oct 28th 2018, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
She was also a bit of a moose.
They should hire Anne Diamond and Nick Owen. Or Frank Bough.
I keep forgetting that we've regressed to the 1950's and are now required to grade women according to the Trump f$#kability scale. What do you think a newscaster should have to be to keep her job, an 8, 9 maybe, perhaps they should be cavorting under-dressed on a pole whilst reading the news?
Old Oct 28th 2018, 1:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by zzrmark
I keep forgetting that we've regressed to the 1950's and are now required to grade women according to the Trump f$#kability scale. What do you think a newscaster should have to be to keep her job, an 8, 9 maybe, perhaps they should be cavorting under-dressed on a pole whilst reading the news?
Info-babes have been around a lot longer than Trump.

Saw a couple of Moose on the way back from the Supermarket.
Old Oct 28th 2018, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Info-babes have been around a lot longer than Trump.
And that makes the demeaning of women ok then?
Old Oct 28th 2018, 8:02 pm
Account Closed

Not something I would agree with, Kennedys and of course Bill come to mind.
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 7:06 pm

thinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I keep forgetting that we've regressed to the 1950's and are now required to grade women according to the Trump f$#kability scale.
Regression implies it has not always been this way.

What do you think a newscaster should have to be to keep her job, an 8, 9 maybe, perhaps they should be cavorting under-dressed on a pole whilst reading the news?
Gender aside, it has been shown time and time again that we are more inclined to trust someone if we find them attractive. I do believe, from a business perspective, employing attractive (male or female) newscasters is good for ratings and therefore for the networks business.
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 7:37 pm
Account Closed

Well we have a wide geographical representation, we can watch the local news this evening, switch channels and see...
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 7:41 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it's hilarious. I am not a feminist. To hello with feminism.

"Demeaning of women". Seriously, take a bromide. Quick, bring the fainting couch! zzmark is about to swoon. I think she (he?) is having a fit of the vapors. Female hysteria...

Last edited by Octang Frye; Nov 2nd 2018 at 7:50 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.