Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Mark's a US citizen!

Mark's a US citizen!

Old Aug 8th 2008, 2:06 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mark's a US citizen!

Originally Posted by g1ant
I signed my Certificate at the interview. Do you sign it again at the Oath??
Did you take the naturalization oath at the end of your interview? Otherwise I don't see how you could have signed your naturalization certificate before you were actually naturalized!

~ Jenney
Old Aug 8th 2008, 2:25 am
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Did you take the naturalization oath at the end of your interview? Otherwise I don't see how you could have signed your naturalization certificate before you were actually naturalized!

~ Jenney
Well I signed a big certificate with a seal on it. The interviewer made me sign it in legible longhand, not my usual scrawly signature. Time will tell if it was the real thing. I'll let you know.

And signed both photos too.

Isn't the important bit when the Judge signs it, not when you do?

alex.

Last edited by g1ant; Aug 8th 2008 at 2:32 am.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats. All these things are sent to try us.
Well Done.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 10:04 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark

~ Jenney

Jim had to sign his the day of the ceremony in front of the person conducting the brief "secondary" interview re changes and travel examination. This was before the oath ceremony.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting to see how its all done differently/advised differently at all these different places.

Mine being a big event, at the end it basically boiled down to a case of "Here's your certificate, see you later"! And then you walk out without signing it - not a problem. No need to sign in front of anyone, any particular way, with any particular ink.

I think the important thing is that you've actually got a certificate in your hand which represents you've been through the process and are in fact a US citizen. I think everyone who's been through this whole USCIS shabang obsesses about the detail (including me) - but the fact is, its a wrap, no worries anymore!!

More went into the process of becoming a citizen than that piece of paper - if they are going to really question you on it, I don't think they'd stop at the signature - and the rest of the checks conducted will bear it out correctly.

Last edited by Dan725; Aug 8th 2008 at 8:56 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 2:22 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
You wait until Steffi goes for citizenship ..
she will get wrong everything and a passport with the wrong pic
Wow, I get a break for 3 years, but my case was so bad that I'm still remembered after those 3 years? Don't I feel special!

And congrats to a new American citizen!!

Ray, FYI...it's that time to start the citizenship process for me.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 2:31 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steffi
Ray, FYI...it's that time to start the citizenship process for me.
No.... it cant be .. the world may end....lol
Old Aug 16th 2008, 4:15 pm
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
Interesting to see how its all done differently/advised differently at all these different places.

Mine being a big event, at the end it basically boiled down to a case of "Here's your certificate, see you later"! And then you walk out without signing it
Is there any way of avoiding all the hoo-rah bits and just doing the oath and picking up the certificate?
Old Aug 16th 2008, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by g1ant
Is there any way of avoiding all the hoo-rah bits and just doing the oath and picking up the certificate?
My guess... umm... no.

Ian