Marks and Spencers

Old Jan 6th 2023, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marks and Spencers

Originally Posted by Derrygal
Quick question - I know some of you order Marks and Spencers items to be delivered to you here in the US (thinking Jersey Girl here). I have not done so. Just wondering - does anyone know if it is possible to order from the Marks and Spencers UK website for an item to be sent to family members in the UK? I would be using my US Mastercard (which is obviously in US $) so not sure if M & S would accept this and bill me in $. I used to mail gifts all the time but stopped a few years ago due to postage costs, uncertainty of delivery, etc. I am so tired of doing Amazon UK. It's easy but just lately there have been a few problems with some orders I placed.
yes, I order my bedding from m&s online.
Old Feb 26th 2023, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

Nbatches is an unknown quantity at this point

From memory, there is a paypal option on M&S, could you use that?
Old Feb 26th 2023, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143 scrubbedexpat143

Originally Posted by Nbatches
From memory, there is a paypal option on M&S, could you use that?
Have you seriously looked into this? Or is this a well-intentioned "blind" suggestion? The latter is likely.

A PayPal transaction from another country or involving any currency exchange/fees will cost more than any bank credit card. I did one last year - it cost so much, I will never do it again.

There seems to be no easy solution to this. Manatee's post (#11) seems to me the most sensible option.

Check your bank's online information about overseas transactions and/or do comparisons with other banks.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat143; Feb 26th 2023 at 11:02 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2023, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Nbatches is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JDWoowoo50
Have you seriously looked into this? Or is this a well-intentioned "blind" suggestion? The latter is likely.

A PayPal transaction from another country or involving any currency exchange/fees will cost more than any bank credit card. I did one last year - it cost so much, I will never do it again.

There seems to be no easy solution to this. Manatee's post (#11) seems to me the most sensible option.

Check your bank's online information about overseas transactions and/or do comparisons with other banks.
it’s actually what I used to do when I lived in NYC. Purchase using my British PayPal (using my wise card), send to family to bring over for me.

no need for the attitude.

You’re welcome.