Made me chuckle

Old Oct 10th 2022, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Made me chuckle

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...ta-from-canada
Old Oct 10th 2022, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Made me chuckle

From what I have read prior to 9/11 many of the Canada to US border crossings we’re honor system with orange cone barriers. Counting Alaska the US Canadian border is 5500 miles.

Last edited by ddsrph; Oct 10th 2022 at 9:41 pm.
Old Oct 10th 2022, 9:52 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ddsrph
From what I have read prior to 9/11 many of the Canada to US border crossings we’re honor system with orange cone barriers. Counting Alaska the US Canadian border is 5500 miles.
And that’s the road and bridges… most is likely wilderness and forest.

the town I lived in Germany was close to the Dutch boarder, we used to go to the swimming pool there because it was closer. We have one family friend who grew up in a house in Germany, if he played at the bottom of his garden he was in Holland, the border ran through their back yard.

Like this..

and we would go here, if you sat on top you were in 3 countries at once:

Last edited by tht; Oct 10th 2022 at 10:00 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2022, 2:27 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

There is a library and opera house that literally straddles the US- Canadian border in Quebec and Vermont. The main entrance is in the US, but inside, the library collection and stage are both on the Canadian side of the border line.

Last edited by Pulaski; Oct 12th 2022 at 2:33 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2022, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

I love stories like this. When I worked in Windsor, Ontario in 1966, I would cross into Detroit in a car with four Canadians. They told me not to catch the eye of the US border guard, and not to open my mouth. He looked inside, said "Are you all Canadians?" and let us through. I heard of one Australian chap who tried that, but when the border guard asked him "Where are you from?" he said, in a broad Aussie accent, "Same as me mates." End of intended Big Night Out in Detroit!