'Lost' UK Passport

Old Feb 27th 2019, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute
Default 'Lost' UK Passport

Last time I was in the UK was to see Manic Street Preachers in Cardiff. 2016
Went via Heathrow.
I normally enter on UK, leave on US then both passports sit in our wee safe until required.
Went to get it a couple of months ago and no sign of it. US one's are still there.
We could have lost it on the way home in 2016, been pick pocketed etc but we normally keep it together with the other passports and would normally notice if one was missing.

For the life of me I just can't figure why I may have had the UK one out for any reason, other than going home.
Maybe it's Felix our cat...

I'll probably just have to get a new one and I know I'm reaching for ideas here but I'm trying to think outside the box.
(Wish there was a way to see if your passport had been used for something...)

Last edited by Hotscot; Feb 27th 2019 at 1:17 am.
Old Feb 27th 2019, 3:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Lost' UK Passport

Originally Posted by Hotscot
Last time I was in the UK was to see Manic Street Preachers in Cardiff. 2016
Went via Heathrow.
I normally enter on UK, leave on US then both passports sit in our wee safe until required.
Went to get it a couple of months ago and no sign of it. US one's are still there.
We could have lost it on the way home in 2016, been pick pocketed etc but we normally keep it together with the other passports and would normally notice if one was missing.

For the life of me I just can't figure why I may have had the UK one out for any reason, other than going home.
Maybe it's Felix our cat...

I'll probably just have to get a new one and I know I'm reaching for ideas here but I'm trying to think outside the box.
(Wish there was a way to see if your passport had been used for something...)
You've probably done all this, but check the luggage you used, and all possible pockets of clothes you had with you.......and any envelopes etc that you had with you with booking paperwork, tickets etc that might still be around......
You sure its not caught up in other paperwork in the safe?
Old Feb 27th 2019, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

I'll certainly do that. again.
We're also packing things up, for a move this year, so that could turn something up too.
Thanks!
Old Feb 27th 2019, 5:52 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hotscot
I'll certainly do that. again.
We're also packing things up, for a move this year, so that could turn something up too.
Thanks!
Hope it turns up. Seems odd that you would not have spotted it was missing when putting passports back in the safe?
Old Feb 27th 2019, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

True, but I just can't remember...
Was a long journey back.