Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The Londoner in Cedar Rapids

Wikiposts

The Londoner in Cedar Rapids

Old May 12th 2010, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Londoner in Cedar Rapids

Originally Posted by zargof
So it seems there is now a British pub right here in Cedar Rapids, and it is run by actual British people with a reasonably authentic British menu. I now know where I'll be watching the World Cup when is starts...

So, we started off with pasties, I had the Cornish and Mrs Z had the chicken and mushroom. They were pretty good, but not quite what I was expecting. The came in a dish with lettuce on the bottom, the filling and then some puff pastry on top, so not quite a Ginsters.

For the main course, Mrs Z has steak and ale pie, I had bangers and mash, and Toddler Z had fish and chips. I tried the steak and ale, and it was OK, nothing special, but Mrs Z enjoyed it. I like the bangers and mash, pretty good sausages. Toddler Z loved the fish and chips as she consumed about her own body weight in fish and then moved on to the chips. I tried it and it was pretty good fish.

This was followed by steamed strawberry jam sponge and custard which was very good. All washed down with a pint of Stella.

So for all of you planning your holidays here in Iowa (and I know you are!) I would recommend it.

Oh and here is a picture of Toddler Z enjoying her fish and chips.
Did Toddler Z enjoy the Stella as well? She looks like a cutie, btw.
Old May 12th 2010, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
How dare you? That, sir, is my wife!
crazy man!
Old May 12th 2010, 12:40 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
She IS as cute as a bug's ear isn't she,
Its funny how I get images of people based on their avatars,
so I would not have imagined such a cute toddler Z.
Old May 12th 2010, 10:08 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Its funny how I get images of people based on their avatars,
so I would not have imagined such a cute toddler Z.
Well here's the thing, having seen pics of Mrs Z, genes don't lie,