london vs new york

Old Aug 21st 2018, 11:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: london vs new york

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
It's not. So stop doing it - to men and women. Now stop talking to me, I'm on my pedestal and unapproachable
Grab my hand and hoist me up there with you mate. I like the thought of being unapproachable. Could make for a nice quiet day at work😎
Old Aug 21st 2018, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

NYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeepster
Nah, the men are fine. America is a matriarchy, it's the women who don't grow up. They're on a pedestal. The men don't know how to approach an unapproachable woman...Impossible to deal with, therefore the "me too movement".
I haven't heard the old America is a matriarchy since Terry-Thomas in It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World! Good to know we still have Brits proclaiming hoary cliches! And you guys would be speaking German if we didn't help you out in WWII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 21st 2018, 2:07 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

America is a matriarchy,.
My point is that American women do not stand up for themselves that's why you have the "me too movement".
Make your mind up and get your argument straight (not that I believe that is possible ...) First you think woman are ruling the country, then you say they don't stand up for themselves.
Old Aug 21st 2018, 2:14 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Grab my hand and hoist me up there with you mate. I like the thought of being unapproachable. Could make for a nice quiet day at work😎
With pleasure, I'll even have a nice glass of wine waiting for you
Old Aug 21st 2018, 2:18 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

With pleasure, I'll even have a nice glass of wine waiting for you
Yoohoo, over here!
Old Aug 21st 2018, 2:19 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Yoohoo, over here!
You're in Nutmegger, and very welcome too! Here you go
Old Aug 21st 2018, 2:21 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

You're in Nutmegger, and very welcome too! Here you go
Aah, that touched the spot! Cheers, ladies!
Old Aug 21st 2018, 2:23 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Aah, that touched the spot! Cheers, ladies!
....and to you mate
Old Aug 21st 2018, 6:27 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

America is a matriarchy,
I'm so glad you said this, because it just can't be stated enough. I was just thinking the other day about all the female presidents we've had, how men are still paid less than women for doing the same work, how the glass ceiling keeps the men in lower wage work, how women hold the majority of Congressional seats, and more.
Old Aug 21st 2018, 7:33 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

That old chestnut. Women are paid 70c on the dollar. Glass ceilings. Pfft.
Old Aug 27th 2018, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

pejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond reputepejp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
Half of girls in new york moved there because of sex and the city and really did. If you are doing that you are nuts. I have got guy friends 38 years old putting girls on scales they go over x weight they dump em. They have got issues. New York great but it is bs at the same time and the wow factor wears off very quickly. So much pressure to look good, be a certain weight, have a certain job, dress a certain way. London perhaps not so much.
What a completely bizarre thing to make up for attention on an internet forum.
Old Aug 27th 2018, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

TomG1055 has a reputation beyond reputeTomG1055 has a reputation beyond reputeTomG1055 has a reputation beyond reputeTomG1055 has a reputation beyond reputeTomG1055 has a reputation beyond reputeTomG1055 has a reputation beyond reputeTomG1055 has a reputation beyond reputeTomG1055 has a reputation beyond reputeTomG1055 has a reputation beyond reputeTomG1055 has a reputation beyond reputeTomG1055 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
I agree. One of the best lessons I learned early on after my move was to give up comparisons and accept things as they are, different.
Great answer! Nothing more annoying than hearing ex-pats whining on about how “everything was better back there”! It will not endear you to the locals and will just keep negative thoughts in your head instead of learning to adapt!
Old Aug 29th 2018, 1:38 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

This thread got weird in a hurry.

Also, I quote Levon Helm in the great concert film The Last Waltz: "New York is an adult portion."