The little things.

Old Mar 30th 2020, 7:26 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The little things.

"Employees Must Wash Hands Before Returning To Work" won't just apply to food industry. Guys will be washing hands more after going to the bathroom, especially on 1st dates, knowing that their date will be wondering if they had done so before being flirty and being all handsy at the table.
It'll be interesting if the likes of beards and mustaches will start to disappear .... people with start to wonder if their facial hair is harboring .... dut-dut-duuuh, COVID19 virus. The stereotype of facial hair denotes dirty and so the clean cut will denote hygene and cleanliness. Good bye man-bun - people will look for maturity in suitors!! WHO knows.

The Bump greeting will probably be the standard. Don't think that Elbow bump will take off because it doesn't look or seem "Cool". Perhaps Fonzie's thumbs up will be coming back.
Break-ups and divorces will increase. "Its complicated" will be an interim thing as people shift around with one another. Dating scene will be different; "disease free" will also include COVID-19!!
Universities etc will see a change in enrollments and shift of sort of degrees. Probably see an increase in vocational training.
Will people cook meals at home more? .... we'll see.
Will people save more? Time will tell. I think alot of self analysis of lifestyle will occur. To live simpler may be much more of a theme.
Cruises will be waaaaay down.
You'll see social-distancing mindset for the rest of the year.
But, then again, people tend to have a social memory of 3 mornths, so many things and habits will roll back to days prior - especially once a vaccine and remedy is found.
At the end of the day, its psychology. Its the 'mysterious' incubation period and lack of 'cure' is the fuel basis.
Old Mar 30th 2020, 11:26 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Everything will go back to normal, People are creatures of habit.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 11:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Off topic posts have been moved to a new thread...

Off Topic posts moved from The Little Things thread
Old Mar 31st 2020, 3:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the world has changed. How much will it have changed the future of human physical contact on a personal and social basis? Only the march of time can tell what the new order will be and anything we think might change will only be from a personal viewpoint.

Having reached retirement age and being a person who is demonstrative and outgoing, I think the ramifications will show more strongly in those over the age of 50 rather than the young. Youth forgets as they tend to live in the moment. Even today, we see that youths are the ones breaking the social distancing mandate rather than mature adults. The young don't think that death is something that is a possibility for them. It happens to the old and the sick. Not to them.

When this pandemic is over, I will return to hugging family and friends and sitting and standing close to others. While retirement is a social distancing for many retirees, we still need human contact to provide the social, emotional and intellectual parts of being human. Man was not meant to be alone. At least that is my belief.

Old Mar 31st 2020, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

Busylizzy111 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think we will see a lot more hand sanitizer stations in public places. Germany, where I live, is not very well equipped in that regard, you basically only see them in hospitals and just a few selected supermarkets had started offering disinfectant wipes for the cart handles
Old Mar 31st 2020, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Goat problems in Llandudno

Old Apr 6th 2020, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Even today, we see that youths are the ones breaking the social distancing mandate rather than mature adults. The young don't think that death is something that is a possibility for them. It happens to the old and the sick. Not to them.
You might try telling that to the elderly in this bit of Florida, they are no better than the spring breakers. God only knows where they were all going on the park I was working on today, dog groomers, nail salons, bingo places, boat ramps and restaurants are all closed, even the adult 'theatre' appeared to be closed.
Old Apr 10th 2020, 4:40 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

It's about now that I was due to get a haircut, but (i) I am not going anywhere or meeting anyone any time soon, (ii) the temperature is starting to pick up, and (iii) neither Mrs P nor I, have the patience for me to have her cut my hair, therefore I am going to get her to buzz-cut it for me - clippers are on the way, courtesy of Amazon.

I have been getting it cut progressively shorter over the years anyway, to deal with the summer heat, and it will grow back to about the length I have it cut to within a few weeks.
Old Apr 10th 2020, 4:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
It's about now that I was due to get a haircut, but (i) I am not going anywhere or meeting anyone any time soon, (ii) the temperature is starting to pick up, and (iii) neither Mrs P nor I, have the patience for me to have her cut my hair, therefore I am going to get her to buzz-cut it for me - clippers are on the way, courtesy of Amazon.

I have been getting it cut progressively shorter over the years anyway, to deal with the summer heat, and it will grow back to about the length I have it cut to within a few weeks.
I bought clippers a couple of weeks ago from Amazon. Did a trial run on hubby’s hair before I trimmed the dog.
Old Apr 10th 2020, 4:53 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I bought clippers a couple of weeks ago from Amazon. Did a trial run on hubby’s hair before I trimmed the dog. ....
It's good to see that you have your priorities right!
Old Apr 13th 2020, 6:54 pm
USA 2017

ivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond repute

Bought a rechargeable trimmer (thank's Amazon) and got the wife to do my hair since it is a straightforward process (I usually have a #1 cut at the barber's). Even took a video and posted on FB for my friends and family to have a laugh. Instead of the usual complementary Bud Lite, I was able to have a decent drink
Old Apr 13th 2020, 8:11 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ivanidea
Bought a rechargeable trimmer (thank's Amazon) and got the wife to do my hair since it is a straightforward process (I usually have a #1 cut at the barber's). Even took a video and posted on FB for my friends and family to have a laugh. Instead of the usual complementary Bud Lite, I was able to have a decent drink
In your judgment, could a person easily do it themself? Obviously a level of complication beyond cutting someone else’s hair. I usually get mine cut #2.5 at the local barber in England (£8) or at Walmart in the US ($18). As to why it’s so much more expensive in the US I don’t know.

I bought the trimmer years ago, but basically chickened out and continued paying for a haircut, and merely use the trimmer to shave.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 8:28 pm
USA 2017

ivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
In your judgment, could a person easily do it themself?
In theory, it could be DIY, although it's much easier if somebody else does it, otherwise you'd need a couple of mirrors to try and view the entire head. Besides, I have somebody else to blame if it goes wrong (not that I'd dare say anything though!).

Paid $20 for the trimmer. My haircuts are $15 including tip (used to pay £7 back in the UK), so it will pay for itself. I will say the quality from the barber is superior, although I can't put my finger on why, but it is their livelihood and I will support them as soon as this crisis is over (if they reopen).
Old Apr 13th 2020, 8:50 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ivanidea
In theory, it could be DIY, although it's much easier if somebody else does it, otherwise you'd need a couple of mirrors to try and view the entire head. Besides, I have somebody else to blame if it goes wrong (not that I'd dare say anything though!).

Paid $20 for the trimmer. My haircuts are $15 including tip (used to pay £7 back in the UK), so it will pay for itself. I will say the quality from the barber is superior, although I can't put my finger on why, but it is their livelihood and I will support them as soon as this crisis is over (if they reopen).
Thanks. Yeah, I found my hand mirror and looked at the back of my head, something I rarely see.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 11:38 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
In your judgment, could a person easily do it themself? Obviously a level of complication beyond cutting someone else’s hair. I usually get mine cut #2.5 at the local barber in England (£8) or at Walmart in the US ($18). As to why it’s so much more expensive in the US I don’t know.

I bought the trimmer years ago, but basically chickened out and continued paying for a haircut, and merely use the trimmer to shave.
The husband's done his own for years. Was doing a #2 all over but has now gone to a #1. He just uses the bathroom mirror and his hand to feel. It doesn't take long to feel where you've been or not been, a bit like mowing the lawn, providing the guard is on, you just do stripes over the head, slightly overlapping where you went before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.