Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

A little rant fulled by Tequilla

A little rant fulled by Tequilla

Old Aug 10th 2008, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A little rant fulled by Tequilla

Originally Posted by sambapink
Thats a bit steep Emma..!

Who is going to be calling her that..? The 7 year olds that were probably oblivious to what happened..? Or the selfish mum's..?
Well she must have over exaggerated it in her post then, because the impression she gave was that she went off on one at the parents. I know that if I took my daughter to a party and the mother of the birthday girl went off at me, there's no way my daughter would be going to any more of her parties.
In the same way, if I hosted a party for my daughter, I wouldn't invite more kids than I could handle. If the parents stayed, then bonus, but I would be covered if they didn't. I would feel so ashamed if I went off on one at my kids party. Then again, I know the way I go off on one.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 5:19 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emma M
Yeah, but now your daughter is going to be known as "the girl with the mad mother"
It was supposed to be a happy occasion and you got angry. I would feel ashamed if that was me.
Well she must have over exaggerated it in her post then, because the impression she gave was that she went off on one at the parents. I know that if I took my daughter to a party and the mother of the birthday girl went off at me, there's no way my daughter would be going to any more of her parties.
In the same way, if I hosted a party for my daughter, I wouldn't invite more kids than I could handle. If the parents stayed, then bonus, but I would be covered if they didn't. I would feel so ashamed if I went off on one at my kids party. Then again, I know the way I go off on one.
Listen Emma..read my posts and then you'll see..just because I told them straight does not mean "I went off on one"..jeez give me some bloody credit...in fact I was deadly calm when I told them No, please don't leave your kids here alone because (and then I pointed out a few very good reasons why not)....

they then still decided to leave the kids and bugger off for a few hours..that is what peeved me off and that coupled with them turning up late to collect the kids well would you be OK with that?? seriously, would you bugger off and get your hair done and not even leave your cell number, because its OK its xxxx Mom..and you've met her a couple of times over the course of the year..and your child can't skate...but its alright...he's old enough now...

and really...you wouldn't be pissed off with that..
Old Aug 10th 2008, 5:22 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
Listen Emma..read my posts and then you'll see..just because I told them straight does not mean "I went off on one"..jeez give me some bloody credit...in fact I was deadly calm when I told them No, please don't leave your kids here alone because (and then I pointed out a few very good reasons why not)....
I bet you have a PhD in being icily polite...

A very useful thing to have at times........... I find...
Old Aug 10th 2008, 5:42 pm

Neathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of light

they then still decided to leave the kids and bugger off for a few hours..that is what peeved me off and that coupled with them turning up late to collect the kids well would you be OK with that?? seriously, would you bugger off and get your hair done and not even leave your cell number, because its OK its xxxx Mom..and you've met her a couple of times over the course of the year..and your child can't skate...but its alright...he's old enough now...

Sorry you had a run-in with rude parents. I don't think you're unreasonable to expect some parents to stay -- and if they don't stay, to pick their child up promptly. My 8 year old had an ice-skating party last year and only one parent left to do errands (not a problem as she told us before the party); all the rest stayed and had a good time on the rink!! Mind you, I did arrange for the parents to be able to skate too if they wanted to -- a bit of extra money, but it actually worked wonders. On another note, I definitely would not leave my 8 year old at a skating rink on her own -- as you point out, something could happen and it just seems common sense to stick around just in case.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

I do get where you're coming from... and I have read your posts. I don't know you, I don't know how you spoke to them, you said that you were angry and the way you relayed that to this forum was as if you had gone off on one at them. When I asked you if you over exaggerated that, you said no.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 5:57 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

I do get where you're coming from... and I have read your posts. I don't know you, I don't know how you spoke to them, you said that you were angry and the way you relayed that to this forum was as if you had gone off on one at them. When I asked you if you over exaggerated that, you said no.
no I didn't exaggerate what I said...I did say those things...you just assumed I went off on one...
Old Aug 10th 2008, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

no I didn't exaggerate what I said...I did say those things...you just assumed I went off on one...
Going by what you said.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 6:07 pm
Last orders please...

Originally Posted by Neathborn
Sorry you had a run-in with rude parents. I don't think you're unreasonable to expect some parents to stay -- and if they don't stay, to pick their child up promptly. My 8 year old had an ice-skating party last year and only one parent left to do errands (not a problem as she told us before the party); all the rest stayed and had a good time on the rink!! Mind you, I did arrange for the parents to be able to skate too if they wanted to -- a bit of extra money, but it actually worked wonders. On another note, I definitely would not leave my 8 year old at a skating rink on her own -- as you point out, something could happen and it just seems common sense to stick around just in case.
I'm with you...I probably would have been fine if the parents had the good grace to ask me beforehand...then I would have told them then but not one of them mentioned having to leave for that all important hair appointment...they just turned up and assumed it would be OK to leave..and we all know what happens when you assume...

and like you I had set it up so the parents could skate...but they were not interested..

if they were rude enough to assume it was OK to leave their kids then I think its OK for me to be rude enough to ask for a fee for my babysitting services...
Old Aug 10th 2008, 6:11 pm

Neathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of light

and like you I had set it up so the parents could skate...but they were not interested..
Party poopers
Old Aug 10th 2008, 6:14 pm
Last orders please...

Going by what you said.
No you assumed....
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Lets stick to the facts, folks ... What was said, in the post:

Well when the moms finally came back to pick up their kids I told them that they are cheeky fluckers and that they owe me $30 per child for my babysitting services...I think I may have knocked some noses out of joint but I really don't give a flying fluck...
And you said this was no exaggeration ....
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:34 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I have found that I have been most disappointed with folks when they have not done what I would have done or been willing to do or whatever. It doesn't bother me as much as it used to years ago, but every once in a while I still think to myself, I can't believe they didn't do that, or they did do that.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:46 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

then next party invite should say 'child left at parents own risk! - no responsibility taken if child injures themselves or is harmed in any way as they will not be watched on a 1 to 1 basis by a trained insured adult'.

so there is no comeback if little johhny becomes hurt or abducted.

in the uk recently a child was injured on a bouncy castle and i think partially paralysed as an elder kid jumped on their back/neck. the mother of the injured child successfully sued the party holding parents for a large sum saying inadequate supervision. this was overturned on appeal but who wants all that hassle at their kids party. you cannot watch each kid all the time and many kids chose to act up once mum has gone anyway.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:48 pm
Last orders please...

OK now its the morning after and my head hurts a little...(nothing a couple of coffee's won't fix)..

In answer to all who say that its normal for parents to leave their kids...I'd just like to say that in all my years here and all the parties I've gone to...not once did any of the parents leave their kids...I have never left my child at a party.....and as I've never seen it happen or done it myself it came quite a shock when the Moms just said "well see you later"...yes I was confused and asked them what they meant..and yes then I got angry because:

1. there was a lot of kids and only two of us...
2. I wanted to enjoy my DD birthday, not run after little Johnny because his laces are undone
3. I hardly know them and they don't really know me
4. It was a big and very busy place..

and no I didn't exagerate about what I said to the parents...I was angry and frazzled and they were late picking up their kids and I don't care about next years party because there will not be one...
Originally Posted by Steerpike
Lets stick to the facts, folks ... What was said, in the post:

And you said this was no exaggeration ....
Its true I don't give a flying fluck if I put some noses out of joint when I said what I said....and yes I did say it...I just didn't "go off on one" when I said it...thats all..
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

No you assumed....
and what was I supposed to gather from your rant? That you had been polite about it when you were bigging yourself up for putting a few noses out of joint?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.