Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

'Little Britain' recording in USA

'Little Britain' recording in USA

Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:47 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Default 'Little Britain' recording in USA

Following up on the success of 'Ali G' and 'Borat' it seems that HBO could be planning to launch 'Little Britain' to the American public...what on Earth would they make of Vicky Pollard LOL?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1773

( I just have this feeling that the character 'Daffyd Thomas' - the only gay in the village - will end up filming a section in NYC's Greenwich village, the heart of the gay community in New York...... ).
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:02 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Little Britain' recording in USA

Yeah, I know
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Daily Mail Alert! Sorry but apparently we can't trust anything they say
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:24 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Following up on the success of 'Ali G' and 'Borat' it seems that HBO could be planning to launch 'Little Britain' to the American public...what on Earth would they make of Vicky Pollard LOL?

( I just have this feeling that the character 'Daffyd Thomas' - the only gay in the village - will end up filming a section in NYC's Greenwich village, the heart of the gay community in New York...... ).
It's been in the works for a while now, glad they've started filming.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

They don't understand what WE are saying, let alone "nobutyeahbutnocozwhathappenedwoz..."
Old Apr 25th 2008, 3:46 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum

It must be true if it's in The Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main...britain125.xml
Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

I have a hard enough time trying to explain that show to my colleagues who are into The Office (UK version) and the recent UK films such as Shaun of the Dead etc. I don't think they stand much chance of winning over the Us audience any time soon.
But I'd love to see the show they're filming here. Would be interesting...
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
I have a hard enough time trying to explain that show to my colleagues who are into The Office (UK version) and the recent UK films such as Shaun of the Dead etc. I don't think they stand much chance of winning over the Us audience any time soon.
But I'd love to see the show they're filming here. Would be interesting...
My husband loves The Catherine Tate Show. I wish that was here. I miss that and Little Britain. I used to love The Fast Show. I went on You Tube a while back and found some clips of old episodes. I was laughing so hard tears were rolling down my face, my husband just blankly stared, lol! There is a difference in humour here to in the UK. It's weird, because some things he finds funny I don't.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:33 pm
Banned

Sexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Emma M
My husband loves The Catherine Tate Show. I wish that was here. I miss that and Little Britain. I used to love The Fast Show. I went on You Tube a while back and found some clips of old episodes. I was laughing so hard tears were rolling down my face, my husband just blankly stared, lol! There is a difference in humour here to in the UK. It's weird, because some things he finds funny I don't.
It's hard to pinpoint the styles of humor over here.

The British are famous for having a dry, witty sense of humour, yet our TV comedies couldn't be further apart - from the alternative toilet humour of 'The Young Ones' and 'Bottom', to middle of the road comedies like 'Last of the Summer Wine' and 'Steptoe', to classics like Fools and Horses, Fawlty Towers and the more deranged humour like Little Britain and League of Gentlemen.

American humor seems to focus more on sarcasm I find. But again, they have many different styles. For me, it's The Simpsons, Family Guy, Dave Chappelle and Friends. I absolutely adore those shows and they make me laugh so hard. And those shows couldn't be more different from each other (except maybe Simpsons and Family Guy!)
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:38 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how a show like The Mighty Boosh would go across over here. I seem to remember BBCA showing the first series a while back, but i've heard nothing more.
It's a very funny (and very surreal) show though.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sexytime
It's hard to pinpoint the styles of humor over here.

The British are famous for having a dry, witty sense of humour, yet our TV comedies couldn't be further apart - from the alternative toilet humour of 'The Young Ones' and 'Bottom', to middle of the road comedies like 'Last of the Summer Wine' and 'Steptoe', to classics like Fools and Horses, Fawlty Towers and the more deranged humour like Little Britain and League of Gentlemen.

American humor seems to focus more on sarcasm I find. But again, they have many different styles. For me, it's The Simpsons, Family Guy, Dave Chappelle and Friends. I absolutely adore those shows and they make me laugh so hard. And those shows couldn't be more different from each other (except maybe Simpsons and Family Guy!)
I think it's all about the culture we have grown up in. Some American sitcoms and stand up comedians I find funny, some I can't work out what is supposed to be funny. Some makes me vaguely smile while people around me are rolling up laughing. It's weird to be the only one who doesn't get it!
League Of Gentlemen definately wouldn't make it over here. I love it, most people I know don't like it or don't get what is funny about it.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:42 pm
Banned

Sexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant future

I think it's all about the culture we have grown up in. Some American sitcoms and stand up comedians I find funny, some I can't work out what is supposed to be funny. Some makes me vaguely smile while people around me are rolling up laughing. It's weird to be the only one who doesn't get it!
League Of Gentlemen definately wouldn't make it over here. I love it, most people I know don't like it or don't get what is funny about it.
Two names that spring to mind that seem to have the Americans rolling around on the floor, and that I can't stand, are Dane Cook and Will Ferrell. I just don't get either.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:43 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

The League Of Gentlemen definately wouldn't make it over here. I love it, most people I know don't like it or don't get what is funny about it.
It can depend on the person to, it seems like a lot of people I know (on both sides of the Atlantic) loved the show Will & Grace. However, I found the show almost painfully unfunny. And at the same time, I love shows like I'm Alan Partridge, but my wife doesn't.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:46 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
It can depend on the person to, it seems like a lot of people I know (on both sides of the Atlantic) loved the show Will & Grace. However, I found the show almost painfully unfunny. And at the same time, I love shows like I'm Alan Partridge, but my wife doesn't.
Keeping Up Appearances was apparently a cult hit when it was aired on BBC America. It's easy to see why though, this stuffy well to do English Queen-type character evetually being subjected to various humiliations and social disasters would definitely be something funny to other cultures and countries. Can't remember if it was a big hit back home though.

Partridge doesn't make me laugh much, but I love Gervais Extras and Office.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
Alan Partridge is good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.