List what you MISS

Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:55 am
Still In Perth

starlet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: List what you MISS

i feel that in england everything was alive, over here it seems kind of slow and dead.(my opinoin)
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:22 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by starlet
i feel that in england everything was alive, over here it seems kind of slow and dead.(my opinoin)
Bingo, that is exactly how I feel and it hit me just how much I had missed that when we were back home last. I not only felt as though I belonged, but I felt alive again, 'me'. It was a fab feeling.

JimandNic, I'd wish everyone a Merry Xmas all the more if I were you. The PC brigade have gone too far and not just in Canada either.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:45 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Ooooooh, just thought of another on; Fray Bentos steamed steak puddings. Yum!
ooooh no thanks!! I would put Fray Bentos into the polony (now I know what it is) category!!! Sorry!
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:48 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Best
ooooh no thanks!! I would put Fray Bentos into the polony (now I know what it is) category!!! Sorry!
she likes brains faggots too and they really are made of brains. yuk
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:50 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird

Ewwwwwwwwwl!! yuk! Defo not for me!!
Old Mar 15th 2007, 6:05 pm
After 10 years of trying

nohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nice

Originally Posted by starlet
Second that! You are so right.
I would be giving up so much here if/when we go. Two cars, a flat that we can (barely) afford to mortgage that has all the mod cons I could want, family and friends, wide open spaces, fresh salmon to eat... but in the end I just don't care. I want to feel alive again, and at peace at the same time.
You can have all the bells and whistles you want, but if your heart aches for somewhere else, none of it will matter!

JimandNic - you can order original source here:
http://www.originalsource.co.uk/
but beware... the shipping is steep!
Old Mar 15th 2007, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

JimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really nice

Originally Posted by nohinsara

JimandNic - you can order original source here:
http://www.originalsource.co.uk/
but beware... the shipping is steep!

Cheers for that - we're eking out our very last bottle, so will check them out. Sorry to hear you're wanting to leave the 'Couver - whereabouts do you live?
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:13 pm
After 10 years of trying

nohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nice

JimandNic - Hello from not so sunny Richmond (or Ditchmond as I like to call it, as it looks rather like a ditch!). Where are you in the Greater Vancouver map?
I take it that if you're posting in this forum, you feel the same way about Vancouver that I do... are you itching to go home too?
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

JimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really nice

nohinsara - we live right downtown (in a much too expensive apartment!) but we actually love it here -the only time we go to Richmond is to visit Ikea

We just returned here from Toronto (see my post in Meet and Greet - Thanks BE.com.) Have been feeling v homesick recently due to fruitless job-searching in BC and on a particularly bad day were seriously starting to consider moving back to UK - but we do actually plan to stick it out a little longer to see if we can make it work here. For us it's more of an employment thing than anything else.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

My Family
All my favourite shops Next ,M&S,Boots etc.
Cold
Seasons
Country pubs
Real log fires.
Morrisons,Sainsburys etc sad I know
being able to walk tp places without having to drive all the time.
closeness of everywhere
Europe on the door step
British tv and sense of humour
culture
church bells ringing on a Sunday afternoon
Summerime in England
English Christmas
going for walks in the country
sense of community
fish and chips with mushy peas and gravy
loads and loads of other things too.
just to point out that there will also be a lot of things I may miss about Australia when I return.This country does grow on you after a while.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to say it but there was some PC stuff in the UK about Christmas before we left. Can't really remember but I think it was to do with not upsetting the Muslims... Pathetic isn't it?

Jo
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:30 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrs Best
Originally Posted by northernbird

Eh you pair....leave my offal and brains alone !!!

Just thinking of them now...mmmmm...gravy, chips and mushy peas!!!!
Old Mar 16th 2007, 1:27 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clougherty family
I hate to say it but there was some PC stuff in the UK about Christmas before we left. Can't really remember but I think it was to do with not upsetting the Muslims... Pathetic isn't it?

Jo
That sort of shite has been going on for years in a few of the London boroughs and it is disgraceful IMO. It goes on here too. Last year a council in NSW wouldn't allow the usual Xmas tree and lights to go up around the town for fear of offending the muslims. There were a lot more stories like that all over Australia too. One store decided not to have a 'Santas Grotto' for the same reason.

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Eh you pair....leave my offal and brains alone !!!

Just thinking of them now...mmmmm...gravy, chips and mushy peas!!!!
I'm with you Tracey, I love faggots and gravy. I have a lovely recipe for them if you're interested and, they don't have brains in them, that wouldn't be allowed. They are made with liver, pork and onions.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 2:07 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

I won't bore you with a list of what i miss.....i have just one word..."everything"
Old Mar 16th 2007, 3:15 am
After 10 years of trying

JimandNic - It must be lovely living downtown! Everything so close. I lived down there many years ago, on Pendrell Street. Where in downtown are you?
Ikea is one of the good things about living here in Richmond. I live about 5 minutes from it too!

Originally Posted by paulrachel
I won't bore you with a list of what i miss.....i have just one word..."everything"
Bore us! Bore us! That's what this thread is for. I wanna hear it all!

If any of you lot out there are missing Eastenders like I am, there's a fab website that helps the cravings:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.