Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Like Is Full of Disappointments

Like Is Full of Disappointments

Old Oct 15th 2020, 8:24 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Like Is Full of Disappointments

I picked my iPhone up this morning to call the doctors office, and there was a huge great t shaped crack in the screen. It is now a few years old so maybe it was sending a message that I needed an new iPhone 12, available to order from tomorrow. This I explained to Mrs L who failed to follow the logic of my argument and sent me to the store to see what a screen replacement would cost. A short time later I was back home, having spent $10 on a new screen protector.

Bugger.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 8:53 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Like Is Full of Disappointments

Mrs P and little Miss P have been telling me for 2-3 years that my phone is "a piece of crap". But I like my Samsung Galaxy S4, and apparently the operating system is now "perfect" as Samsung stopped issuing service patches in 2015.

I cracked the screen a couple of years ago, but then about two months ago it stopped talking to the email server and so now a replacement is on the horizon - probably around the end of the year, or early 2021.

Last edited by Pulaski; Oct 15th 2020 at 8:56 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 8:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Mrs P and little Miss P have been telling me for 2-3 years that my phone is "a piece of crap". But I like my Samsung Galaxy S4, and apparently the operating system is now "perfect" as Samsung stopped issuing service patches in 2015.
I know our phone is a piece of crap. LG something, barely works these days.....and the battery only lasts like 1-2 hours now....ha ha

We did replace it , but I was clumsy and smashed the first replacement in the door of the moving truck when moving, purely accidental and just was so tired that day, and well when tired mistakes happen, so now back to the old phone, can't get a new phone again for 2 more years since we just replaced it in June.

Such is life, I'd prefer not having a cell phone, but every company and its mother now seems to require text verification randomly with no phone or email option....

Heck even jobs these days do everything on apps from payroll to schedules.

My last job would have been impossible to do without a cell phone, even our time clock was an app on our phone.
Old Oct 16th 2020, 12:13 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski

I cracked the screen a couple of years ago, but then about two months ago it stopped talking to the email server and so now a replacement is on the horizon - probably around the end of the year, or early 2021.
That means my S5 won't be too far behind I've never broken it, but it's starting to struggle.
Old Oct 16th 2020, 12:16 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I know our phone is a piece of crap. LG something, barely works these days.....and the battery only lasts like 1-2 hours now....ha ha

We did replace it , but I was clumsy and smashed the first replacement in the door of the moving truck when moving, purely accidental and just was so tired that day, and well when tired mistakes happen, so now back to the old phone, can't get a new phone again for 2 more years since we just replaced it in June.

Such is life, I'd prefer not having a cell phone, but every company and its mother now seems to require text verification randomly with no phone or email option....

My last job would have been impossible to do without a cell phone, even our time clock was an app on our phone.
I've never bought a new phone I don't think. I buy "factory refurbished" or reconditioned from Amazon sellers. A fraction of the price, doesn't tie you to another two-year contract, and you can get them with 90-day warranties. The only time I've ever had an issue was on a phone for the OH and since it was on Amazon there was no trouble about returning it for a refund.
Old Oct 16th 2020, 12:08 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

And here I was thinking my iPhone X was getting a little long in the tooth....

Last edited by civilservant; Oct 16th 2020 at 1:20 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2020, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Whats a cell phone? I have a landline with an answering machine Yes I know
Old Oct 16th 2020, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I use a Nokia - 20 years old. I lived in fear of having to acquire a fancy new one - and than having to learn how to use it. Through the miracle of The internet I found a new Nokia - exactly the same as the old one but in Red, not Black !Joy !
Old Oct 16th 2020, 1:21 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I love T-Rexs
Old Oct 16th 2020, 1:44 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
I love T-Rexs
It looks like it's walking. Does that make it T-Mobile?
Old Oct 16th 2020, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

I’m guess I’m alone in these parts then. My phone has almost become grafted to my body. I pretty much live my life through my phone. The only thing I don’t really use it for is making phone calls LOL.
Old Oct 16th 2020, 2:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

We have a landline and answering machine, as well. Rarely use my cell for anything but emergency phone calls and texting.

Old Oct 16th 2020, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

BennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321

Cell phone gripe alert ...
JSMTH mentions text verification....
A small example of those who now continually want text verification ....
Apple
USAA
Virgin Money
Social Security
google voice
HMRC
These are just the last six that I’ve pulled off from my cellphone text messages.
Is it the second layer of customer security protection..... or do they all just want my cellphone number on file ?
Cellphone gripe over !

Old Oct 16th 2020, 3:31 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
And here I was thinking my iPhone X was getting a little long in the tooth....
Love my iphone X
Just had to replace the screen, Luckily I have the overpriced Verizon insurance. $29 copay to replace screen.

The new iphone 12 is tempting, but no real 5G in my area so a bit of an overkill.

Old Oct 16th 2020, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian

You could upgrade to one of these.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.