Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Life Knows How To Kick You In The Teeth!

Life Knows How To Kick You In The Teeth!

Old Dec 10th 2019, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life Knows How To Kick You In The Teeth!

Wishing you both all the.best.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 6:39 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry. I feel for you, and hope for good news.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Results are in and it's cancer.

The good news is he thinks he got it all, but the bad news is another surgery to clean up and check the lymph nodes.

We're going cruising next week and he's off until the 29th, so the op is scheduled for the 31st.

It's not going to be a pleasant few days and I doubt we'll be having a great cruise with this hanging over us, but it is what it is.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 8:11 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Guindalf

The good news is he thinks he got it all, but the bad news is another surgery to clean up and check the lymph nodes.

We're going cruising next week and he's off until the 29th, so the op is scheduled for the 31st.

It's not going to be a pleasant few days and I doubt we'll be having a great cruise with this hanging over us, but it is what it is.
To use a vernacular - Bugger !

Try to have a relax on the cruise somehow and anyhow. A recharge ready for the op.

Bah!
Old Dec 10th 2019, 8:16 pm
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

That’s a bugger. I kinda know how you feel. Things were going good for us after 11 years here when some twat totaled my car and all but killed me.
three weeks in ICU and a total of five months in hospital. Two years later, medical bills are killing me and we are looking at moving back. I’m unlikely ever to walk again without pain.

hope things go well with the missus.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 8:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger. I know it’s easy for me to say...but but try to focus on the fact that the docs thinks he’s got it all and the next surgery is a ‘clean up’.

Originally Posted by g1ant
That’s a bugger. I kinda know how you feel. Things were going good for us after 11 years here when some twat totaled my car and all but killed me.
three weeks in ICU and a total of five months in hospital. Two years later, medical bills are killing me and we are looking at moving back. I’m unlikely ever to walk again without pain.

hope things go well with the missus.
Bugger again. It sounds like you’ve been to hell and back. I hope you find a solution to help with the pain,
Old Dec 10th 2019, 8:53 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to hear that it's positive for cancer. That's a crap thing to hear. I'm hoping that your wife's surgeon got it all and her lymph nodes are clear.

Try to enjoy the cruise and deal with the medical stuff when you get back.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 9:19 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
To use a vernacular - Bugger !

Try to have a relax on the cruise somehow and anyhow. A recharge ready for the op.

Bah!
I second all that BEVS says. And hope the cruise has an open bar!
Old Dec 10th 2019, 9:42 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

It may not be how you wanted to do a cruise, but it will be a useful distraction. I hope things quickly get better for you both.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 11:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Another "bugger" from me.
Life really sucks at times. However, the surgeon is on to it, your wife is being treated and there's a plan in place. So try to enjoy your cruise as best you can.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 11:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Another "bugger" from me.
Life really sucks at times. However, the surgeon is on to it, your wife is being treated and there's a plan in place. So try to enjoy your cruise as best you can.
This. Easier said than done obviously.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 11:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
This. Easier said than done obviously.
Yes indeed it is
Old Dec 13th 2019, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Stitches removed this morning and small tapes over the incision. She says it's more sore now than it was while the stitches were in.

Radiation is the next step after the op, assuming the lymph nodes are clear. Three to four weeks of it, but chemo is the order of the day if anything more is found.
Old Dec 31st 2019, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Well, here we are again, one 'okay' vacation and a very understated Christmas later.

She goes under the knife again tomorrow for clean-up on the original removal and lymph node checks - another two incisions.

Doc is very optimistic that this will clear it all out and she'll have radiation treatment and pills to make sure it's clear. I'm expecting her to be much more sore, especially with the underarm incision.

It's 12:30am and I have to be up with her at 5:15 to head to the hospital. Do you think I'm worried?
Old Dec 31st 2019, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think I'm worried?
Ahh, of course you are. But you're both going to head in there tomorrow and let the pros do their job

Your only mission is to look after yourself so you can be there to support her. So do all the silly things you know you should. Drink water, make something healthy to bring with you as breakfast in the morning. Calm music. No tab-flipping internet binge. Breathe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.