Life is fragile

Old Jan 22nd 2015, 3:31 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life is fragile

Dearest Welshgator, my heart goes out to you. Life is dreadfully unfair sometimes. Big hugsxxx
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 1:57 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
You have my most sincere condolences. I don't think there can be anything worse that having a child taken from you.
+1

So very sorry, Welshgator.....
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

OnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebzinUS
Sorry Pulaski.

I lived this last March. My husband died at age 50, totally unexpected from a very treatable acute illness (kidney stones. yes, really). I took him to the ER on Feb 27th. I thought he would be in hospital for a few days, get some IV antibiotics etc. He never came home, he died on March 19. In what seems like a split second my life changed forever. You just never know.
So sorry DebzinUS, and Pulaski ( and anyone else going through these losses ) and especially Welshgator.

Hope you all have someone there to support you.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welshgator
I wasn't going to post my sad story but since this thread is underway....my sixteen year old daughter had a tragic car accident on the 2nd January. On the 4th I had to sign the papers to take her off life support and she passed away quietly two hours later. She had everything in front of her, was a nationally recognized swimmer and guaranteed a college scholarship. My wife and I are heartbroken, she meant everything to us. Never in a million years would I ever have imagined this could happen to us.
Hugs and condolences to you and Mrs W.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 3:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Since i emmigrated 2 of my friends have passed away on the Squash Court and one on a running machine at a gym.

My brother is on his own so I try and call, I am sure it has always happened but somehow seems more common nowadays.

I have an uncle who my aunt calls once a week, the only time he turns his mobile on.

Somebody I know is on their last legs with cancer, not a nice way to go. Better to go with a bang.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Welshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. Our local community, and also the swimming community in Florida, has been wonderfully supportive and very comforting for my wife.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

OnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. Our local community, and also the swimming community in Florida, has been wonderfully supportive and very comforting for my wife.
I've been thinking about you all morning. Hoping you weren't alone to deal with this.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 3:42 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Welshgator, Mae fy nghydymdeimlad dwysaf. My deepest condolences to all who have lost precious loved ones and friends. It's hard, I know. Life can be so very cruel at times.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler
Since i emmigrated 2 of my friends have passed away on the Squash Court and one on a running machine at a gym.

My brother is on his own so I try and call, I am sure it has always happened but somehow seems more common nowadays.

I have an uncle who my aunt calls once a week, the only time he turns his mobile on.

Somebody I know is on their last legs with cancer, not a nice way to go. Better to go with a bang.
I can't talk to my brother- he just has nothing to say and it gets difficult so I send him a box of chocolates or biscuits via amazon.co.uk every few weeks and fill in the gift message.

When my friend in England's husband died at first she wanted to talk about him all the time, and her kids couldn't handle it, I grew up with them, so I spent hours on the 'phone just listening to all the stories about how they met and stuff.

There's always a way to be kind to people who are struggling.

And I know I'm old-fashioned but politeness too is really important. Even when I get angry I know to tell someone- I know this isn't your fault. Some of these people working customer service earn minimum wage.

The saddest thing about this whole thread though to me was actually that Welshgator felt they had to apologise for introducing a potentially difficult or depressing subject. He's going through personal hell, the worst kind of suffering, and is worried about upsetting someone?

We're expats on a support forum, what could be a better reason for needing support.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 6:23 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

So so sorry Welshgator, glad you have people in Florida helping you x
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 7:27 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I have been somewhat numb since. It is the only way I can deal with it right now. I feel like I have been watching a movie and reality has not yet struck home.
Words feel pretty useless, Welshgator, but sending love and sincere sympathy.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Brit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond reputeBrit In TN has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't going to post my sad story but since this thread is underway....my sixteen year old daughter had a tragic car accident on the 2nd January. On the 4th I had to sign the papers to take her off life support and she passed away quietly two hours later. She had everything in front of her, was a nationally recognized swimmer and guaranteed a college scholarship. My wife and I are heartbroken, she meant everything to us. Never in a million years would I ever have imagined this could happen to us.
So sorry for your loss. We went through similar when our 17 yo daughter was killed in an accident.
The link I'm leaving here is a genuine organization of people that have lost a child. When you are ready I recommend that you contact your local chapter. (There is one in Gainesville)
It's just a group of people offering sympathy and support knowing how it feels because they have suffered similar loss themselves. It is not a group of people who are strong and 'fixed', many are raw and hurting.
They have no affiliations to anything, just parents (and other family members) who have lost children.
My best to you and yours.
Home Page – The Compassionate Friends
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Welshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit In TN
So sorry for your loss. We went through similar when our 17 yo daughter was killed in an accident.
The link I'm leaving here is a genuine organization of people that have lost a child. When you are ready I recommend that you contact your local chapter. (There is one in Gainesville)
It's just a group of people offering sympathy and support knowing how it feels because they have suffered similar loss themselves. It is not a group of people who are strong and 'fixed', many are raw and hurting.
They have no affiliations to anything, just parents (and other family members) who have lost children.
My best to you and yours.
Home Page – The Compassionate Friends
Thanks, I may look into it later, not really ready for that yet. I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. It is so unfair at that age, you never ever think that such a thing could happen to your own children. Even though I was with her those last two days in the hospital and sang a Welsh hymn at her 'celebration of life', I am still in a state of disbelief that this is real.
thanks again to folk on here for their sympathetic words.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

DebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond repute

Welshgator, I agree with nutmegger, words are totally inadequate. My heart goes out to you and your family.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Very sad to read this thread and see the stories of recent bereavement among member's close friends and family.

Sincere condolences to everyone affected.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.