Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Let's talk about cars

Let's talk about cars

Old Nov 4th 2013, 2:02 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's talk about cars

I saw one of those lovely Triumph's posted above yesterday....couldn't tell what it was, because it was actually driving away from me.

But it was lovely, shiny, mint condition and green, unlike the weird blue one that is garaged not to far away from me.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 2:04 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I saw one of those lovely Triumph's posted above yesterday....couldn't tell what it was, because it was actually driving away from me.

But it was lovely, shiny, mint condition and green, unlike the weird blue one that is garaged not to far away from me.
I would love one when I have some decent parking for it. (Actually I want a TR3 or a Sprite).

Mind you... I'm not sure how slow you would have to be going for one to be driving away from you.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 4:02 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MostlyYank
Saw a Telsa, then a Panamera. The Tesla looks better.
That is one I can definitely agree on.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 4:04 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MostlyYank
ROTFLMAO!!

But I roll with the times - I got the 8-track.

Pete
Had to replace the Muntz 4-track, hey?
Old Nov 4th 2013, 4:05 am
Mions' a point.

MostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond repute

LOL! And the 45 player under the dash

Pete
Old Nov 4th 2013, 4:07 am
BE Commentator

Originally Posted by Nutek
I would love one when I have some decent parking for it. (Actually I want a TR3 or a Sprite).

Mind you... I'm not sure how slow you would have to be going for one to be driving away from you.
Out of idle curiosity. would you want the original "Bugeye" Sprite or the later "Spridget" models. A long story, there had been a 1966 Sprite revolving around the family [various moves and changes of ownership within the family] and we stored it for a year and I would drive it once a week just to get the fluids going. It was fun. Also, with the top down, it was good for moving furniture!
Old Nov 4th 2013, 4:17 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Out of idle curiosity. would you want the original "Bugeye" Sprite or the later "Spridget" models. A long story, there had been a 1966 Sprite revolving around the family [various moves and changes of ownership within the family] and we stored it for a year and I would drive it once a week just to get the fluids going. It was fun. Also, with the top down, it was good for moving furniture!
I would love a Bugeye. I had an old Midget many years ago, well, most of one anyway... parts of it had evaporated in an orange cloud of rust particles. Unimportant parts really... passenger floor.. that kind of thing. But I always wanted a Bugeye and never quite got round to it.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 4:25 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I had a TR3 once. Wish I had one again.

Regards, JEff
(Actually I want a TR3 or a Sprite).
Old Nov 4th 2013, 5:43 am
BE Commentator

I would love a Bugeye. I had an old Midget many years ago, well, most of one anyway... parts of it had evaporated in an orange cloud of rust particles. Unimportant parts really... passenger floor.. that kind of thing. But I always wanted a Bugeye and never quite got round to it.
The family Sprite lived most of its life in California and few years in Seattle so rust was not a problem. In 1991, the car emigrated to the UK and thereafter to France. We have lost track of the car since 1997. Although the car had repatriated, it continued to be registered under its Washington state plates and was never registered in the UK. The fact that it was not a pile of rust and was LHD and had those 12" x 6" Washington plates, it was a curiosity from what I understand.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
The family Sprite lived most of its life in California and few years in Seattle so rust was not a problem. In 1991, the car emigrated to the UK and thereafter to France. We have lost track of the car since 1997. Although the car had repatriated, it continued to be registered under its Washington state plates and was never registered in the UK. The fact that it was not a pile of rust and was LHD and had those 12" x 6" Washington plates, it was a curiosity from what I understand.
Nice to think that it is still out there somewhere.

Mine wasn't a pile of rust really, more of a... mist. Parts of the car would dissipate as you drove it along.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 12:42 am
Mions' a point.

MostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond repute

A local town installed 'countdown' walk/don't walk lights, a red hand comes up and counts down to 0 as time to cross.

I like them, they let you know how hard to accelerate to make the light

Pete
Old Nov 5th 2013, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Jonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond repute

They have those in Rapid City.
I got to play the game as both pedestrian and driver.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 11:05 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I know what it is, but what do you think?

It sounded awesome, top of the line (most powerful) model, I presume restored, though clearly not the best job as the paint and/or door alignment is not quite right, but still nice to see.

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 6th 2013 at 11:38 am.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...22a3e8c531.jpg

I know what it is, but what do you think?

It sounded awesome, top of the line (most powerful) model, I presume restored, though clearly not the best job as the paint and/or door alignment is not quite right, but still nice to see.
Ahh good old American Motors. The AMC AMX. 390 ci engine was available as I recall.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 11:31 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
Ahh good old American Motors. The AMC AMX. 390 ci engine was available as I recall.
Very good!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.