Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Let's talk about cars

Let's talk about cars

Old Feb 8th 2018, 11:52 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's talk about cars

Originally Posted by Nutek
Yep... I'm enjoying it a lot (hated season 1). So much closer to what it should be. Still don't like the guest track though. I get no sense of speed from it whatever.
Yeah, that's it, "no sense of speed", and it's not like the UK is short of old airbases that are looking for a use. In fact there are several within a stone's throw of chez Clarkson.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 1:07 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
The last three episodes have been awesome! Pretty much episodes of Top Gear in all but name. Conversation Street has been getting better, though there's still room for improvement, and I am afraid that the Face-Off segment will always be weak compared to the Stig-coached lap around Dunsfold, but at last Clarkson, Hammond, and May seem to have hit their stride.
This whole season has been such a vast improvement on the last one, and I still kind of enjoyed that season as it was.

Celebrity F-Off is better than nothing (certainly better than the celebrity brain crash debacle last year) though, and it's a step in the right direction. Something they can build on. Just because they can't have The Stig doesn't mean they can't have guest racing drivers coach laps in the future. That would be pretty cool, actually, pair two random celebrities up with two former (or current) F1/Rally drivers to train them up over a given period, and have them race each other head to head. Someone tweet that to Willman ...

Yeah, that was a great segment, and had the look and feel of something snipped directly out of Top Gear.
It had the feel of the Senna tribute they did back on old Top Gear, now you come to mention it. I love it when they do little snippets of history like that.

The amphibious car build was a bloody laugh though.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 1:13 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing

It had the feel of the Senna tribute they did back on old Top Gear, now you come to mention it. I love it when they do little snippets of history like that.
Did you get around to "F1" yet?
Old Feb 8th 2018, 1:43 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
.... The amphibious car build was a bloody laugh though.
Yes it was. The two amphibious car episodes on Top Gear were both classics, and the first car they featured on the GT episode, Clarkson's jet vehicle, just appeared to be more of the same, funny, but not breaking new ground .... then it took an unexpected turn, and they created a new gem!
Old Feb 8th 2018, 2:56 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Did you get around to "F1" yet?
Nope, because all weekend I fell asleep at like 9pm on the couch, like my dad does

Snowed in on Saturday though, prime opportunity.

Yes it was. The two amphibious car episodes on Top Gear were both classics, and the first car they featured on the GT episode, Clarkson's jet vehicle, just appeared to be more of the same, funny, but not breaking new ground .... then it took an unexpected turn, and they created a new gem!
The amphibious car episode on OG Top Gear was the first one my wife saw, closely followed by the first US Special. That's what got her hooked on the show.

I actually liked that little vehicle they put together. Ambitious but, well not that rubbish even though it was still a bit rubbish. Plus that jet engine on the Suzuki was hilarious.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched the latest episode, was pretty good. Definitely not the best of the season but still worth a laugh.

Quite similar to the episode in one of the later TG season where Clarkson + May go to "rescue" Hammond up a mountain in an F150 and Silverado!
Old Feb 9th 2018, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Quite similar in the way that it was not at all like that episode!

I loved the Alfa's failing in that a tow bar can't be fitted - to an SUV!

Clarkson's comment that the Raptor was half the price of the others was wrong, though. The Velar and Macan all start at around $50k, which, by coincidence is the starting price of the Ford F150 Raptor! The Stelvis starts at $42k, quite a bit cheaper!
Old Feb 9th 2018, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

This series of GT has been way better. It feels like this series, they’ve thought, eff the bbc, Top Gear is ours and we are gonna carry on making it. I personally like the head to head racing they are doing at the moment. The films are superb, beautifully shot, and the studio pieces are hilarious. I love the constant jokes about Hammond and his crash.
Talking of Top Gear, I’m glad to see that is coming back at the end of the month. Chris Harris is a legit car guy, and bringing him on board last season transformed the show. I see Top Gear as more a fifth gear type show now, meaning room in my viewing schedule for TG and GT.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

There were some odd looking 'cars' with some well known names in them featured on one of the mass of tv screens at our local sports bar last night.
Seems I'd been totally oblivious to the electric Formula E series. Is it worth getting enthusiastic about?
Old Feb 9th 2018, 11:42 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Seems I'd been totally oblivious to the electric Formula E series. Is it worth getting enthusiastic about?
No.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

No.
Although it is gaining momentum. There is also an electric motoGP starting up. The bikes look fantastic!!!!
Old Feb 10th 2018, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1
Although it is gaining momentum. There is also an electric motoGP starting up. The bikes look fantastic!!!!
No, no, no! There is absolutely no fun in not going one up and five down...

I miss my bikes.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

No, no, no! There is absolutely no fun in not going one up and five down...

I miss my bikes.
I think you might mean 1 down and 5 up?
Old Feb 10th 2018, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by markonline1
I think you might mean 1 down and 5 up?

For standard set up street bikes, yes, tracksters and hooners like to reverse the shift linkage.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

For standard set up street bikes, yes, tracksters and hooners like to reverse the shift linkage.
I did not know that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.