Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Let's talk about cars

Let's talk about cars

Old Dec 17th 2017, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's talk about cars

Originally Posted by Boiler
Prius Repellent.

Definitely, one chap ran an Excursion with a huge amount of lift ( twin shock set up ) with a V10 engine which was clearly too small to opted for a large Cummins / Allison set up.
Old Dec 17th 2017, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Awesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ottotheboar
In our neck of the woods in addition to the lift a pair of exhaust pipes behind the cab pointing up making a load roar and emitting a large cloud of black smoke under acceleration is popular. One chap actually has one large exhaust pipe in the middle behind the cab that would not look out of place on a small boat.
I believe the common redneck nomenclature is "Rollin' Coal"...
Old Dec 18th 2017, 1:54 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Prius Repellent.
That's a weird way of spelling 'penis replacement'.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 6:25 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
That's a weird way of spelling 'penis replacement'.
Ugh. Everything lefties don't agree with is immediately compared to a penis or penis compensation. What the hell is with you guys and this obsession.

Perhaps this might cheer you up, comrade. We just bought an old Ural motorcycle sidecar. So excited.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 6:30 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Ugh. Everything lefties don't agree with is immediately compared to a penis or penis compensation. What the hell is with you guys and this obsession.
OK, it was a weird way of spelling 'cnut' then, does that meet your strangely arbitrary requirements? If you looked closely you might have noticed a slight similarity in the structure of the words in what he posted and what I posted - it was kind of deliberate.

That being said, if you were personally insulted by that statement, then perhaps you have your own issues to work out but I'm staying out of that one.

Perhaps this might cheer you up, comrade. We just bought an old Ural motorcycle sidecar. So excited.
Glad you're excited for it. Not my thing really, but enjoy.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 6:41 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

When did you become such a snowflake who was offended by everything? For shame...
Old Dec 19th 2017, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

In what way could a Ural be exciting?
Old Dec 19th 2017, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Volker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Norri
In what way could a Ural be exciting?
Do you mean Russian truck?
Old Dec 21st 2017, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute

I sold a very heavy trailer mounted 300KW generator with a large Detroit 6/92 engine.
The buyer put the shipping on Uship and the chap towing it pulled in with a Ford F250 with a huge amount of lift, large tyres and a Ford 7.3 bored to 7.5 with various modifications to increase horsepower.
His license plate read as "zero mpg" which I thought was quite appropriate.
Old Dec 21st 2017, 5:42 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Volker
Do you mean Russian truck?
No, the Russian copy of the BMW R71 motorcycle sidecar.
Old Dec 21st 2017, 6:14 pm
I have a comma problem

No, the Russian copy of the BMW R71 motorcycle sidecar.
Excuse my ignorance (and lack of arsedness to Google) but is that then a Russian knockoff of the bikes they used in The Last Crusade?
Old Dec 21st 2017, 6:36 pm
Peace onion

Zundapps and ancient BMWs are too valuable and rare to be used on film sets, so they use Urals and Dneprs to stand in (they're essentially the same bikes, with the Urals being made in Irbit, Siberia - out of range of German bombers - and Dneprs were made in Ukraine).

The bike Tom Hanks is propped up against at the end of Saving Private Ryan is a 1968 Ural. And bike in The Last Crusade is a 1988 Dnepr.

They're so much fun to drive. Might not be for everybody, but you can be parked with 100 Harleys, and everyone will crowd around your bike and want to talk about it.
There's a thing called UDF; Ural Delay Factor. You have to build in extra time when you go to the post office or grocery store to answer people's questions.
Old Dec 22nd 2017, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Awesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond repute

Don't they have a reverse gear too?
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year everyone.

Nice late Christmas present in the form of a cracked windscreen for me when I returned from England

Looks like a very small stone chip is at the root of it, and the very cold temperatures here in CO made it crack.

Time to use that Geico glass protection thing...
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 5:05 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
Happy New Year everyone.

Nice late Christmas present in the form of a cracked windscreen for me when I returned from England

Looks like a very small stone chip is at the root of it, and the very cold temperatures here in CO made it crack.

Time to use that Geico glass protection thing...
Just had this on the rear of my M Roadster. Damn plasic rear window cracked from left to right.
Cheap assed Plasic windows, well untill I went to price a new one at $300 !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.