Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Let's talk about cars

Let's talk about cars

Old Dec 15th 2017, 1:11 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's talk about cars

Originally Posted by Nutek
Yep.. Very enjoyable.

The only thing I'm not sure about now is the track the guests use.

I like that it has an off-road section, but the rest of it seems very slow to me. That or they need to get their camera angles sorted out a bit.
It could be the camera angles, but then again that could be a restriction imposed by the owners of the track so certain things aren't visible in shot maybe?

It seems decent enough though.
Old Dec 15th 2017, 1:26 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
It could be the camera angles, but then again that could be a restriction imposed by the owners of the track so certain things aren't visible in shot maybe?

It seems decent enough though.
Its ok I guess... Just don't get a sense of speed from it like we did at the old one.

Other than that, vastly improved over season one and also better than last week.
Old Dec 15th 2017, 1:33 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Its ok I guess... Just don't get a sense of speed from it like we did at the old one.

Other than that, vastly improved over season one and also better than last week.
Maybe throw a dashcam in there, I mean it is kind of a meme in itself.

This season does appear to be getting better with each episode and we still have what looks like a cheap Jag challenge waiting in the wings, based on the montage in episode one

Last season was OK, but felt awkward and forced. This season feels right to me though. It stands up with some of the earlier Top Gear seasons, though it's still not on the same level as the Bolivia challenge, or Vietnam. Heading in the right direction, though.
Old Dec 15th 2017, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Watched it last night - really, really enjoyed it.

Echoing what others have said it feels like proper Top Gear. Ford GT looks like an animal, not bad for a yank tank.

@SultanOfSwing - if you didn't already know, the Vietnam and Bolivia episodes are included in Amazon Prime subscriptions. I watched the last week while tucked up in bed with the worst illness in the world... Man Flu.

One of my favorite old challenges was when they had to pretend they were 17 and buy cars and do a series of challenges etc. Vietnam, Bolivia and Africa challenges are definitely up there! Even the recent Patagonia one is still on Netflix which is a good watch for that Mach 1 Mustang
Old Dec 15th 2017, 2:03 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by BenK91
Watched it last night - really, really enjoyed it.

Echoing what others have said it feels like proper Top Gear. Ford GT looks like an animal, not bad for a yank tank.
That Ford GT was tasty. It has been added to the ever-growing list of cars I'll never be able to afford but would love to have.

@SultanOfSwing - if you didn't already know, the Vietnam and Bolivia episodes are included in Amazon Prime subscriptions. I watched the last week while tucked up in bed with the worst illness in the world... Man Flu.
Oh yeah, Prime has every season from 2 onward. We put the specials on all the time. Our daughter loves Top Gear and the Bolivia special particularly. Many a rainy Saturday has been spent working through those episodes.

One of my favorite old challenges was when they had to pretend they were 17 and buy cars and do a series of challenges etc. Vietnam, Bolivia and Africa challenges are definitely up there! Even the recent Patagonia one is still on Netflix which is a good watch for that Mach 1 Mustang
All the old challenges were great. I love that they are going back to that challenge/big race interspersed with fast cars being fast on a track format again.
Old Dec 15th 2017, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

I still think that. for cinematography as well as the three gelling is the Polar special! I'd love to see that in 4k.

Not seeing any love for the 'Birth of the baby Jeebus' special, which also had it's moments.
Old Dec 15th 2017, 2:52 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Guindalf
I still think that. for cinematography as well as the three gelling is the Polar special! I'd love to see that in 4k.

Not seeing any love for the 'Birth of the baby Jeebus' special, which also had it's moments.
They're all great, really. Bolivia and Vietnam are just my favourites.
Old Dec 15th 2017, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute

The Cul de sac we live in seems to be battle of the rednecks.

Seem's to be a new truck turning up each week, then they start out-doing each other by seeing who can put the biggest lift kit on their new truck!
In our neck of the woods in addition to the lift a pair of exhaust pipes behind the cab pointing up making a load roar and emitting a large cloud of black smoke under acceleration is popular. One chap actually has one large exhaust pipe in the middle behind the cab that would not look out of place on a small boat.
Old Dec 16th 2017, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like season 2 is better, by a long shot, than season 1. Is it worth finishing of Ep3 in season 1 and skipping to the second season? Or are there still worthy watching bits in season 1 overall?
Old Dec 16th 2017, 1:01 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maste
It sounds like season 2 is better, by a long shot, than season 1. Is it worth finishing of Ep3 in season 1 and skipping to the second season? Or are there still worthy watching bits in season 1 overall?
I never made it that far so I cant say.

Season 2 is a completely different show.
Old Dec 16th 2017, 2:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ottotheboar
In our neck of the woods in addition to the lift a pair of exhaust pipes behind the cab pointing up making a load roar and emitting a large cloud of black smoke under acceleration is popular. One chap actually has one large exhaust pipe in the middle behind the cab that would not look out of place on a small boat.
Prius Repellent.
Old Dec 16th 2017, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

My wife and I are in the downsizing mode. Just built a small house on a very nice lake and no longer have the three garages we had at our old house. When I retired from the Navy in 08 I wanted to buy a nice Miata and searched high and low and found a nice woman owned red 05 with 16k miles in Birmingham. I have driven it 8k miles in almost ten years. With my limited use and now limited garage space (It never sits outside) I want to sell it. I hate the thought of having to deal with the scammers on Craigslist. Anyone interested let me know
A steal at 9k. Mentioning something for sale may be a no no so just delete if necessary.
Old Dec 16th 2017, 5:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ddsrph
My wife and I are in the downsizing mode. Just built a small house on a very nice lake and no longer have the three garages we had at our old house. When I retired from the Navy in 08 I wanted to buy a nice Miata and searched high and low and found a nice woman owned red 05 with 16k miles in Birmingham. I have driven it 8k miles in almost ten years. With my limited use and now limited garage space (It never sits outside) I want to sell it. I hate the thought of having to deal with the scammers on Craigslist. Anyone interested let me know
A steal at 9k. Mentioning something for sale may be a no no so just delete if necessary.
Which Birmingham?
Old Dec 16th 2017, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Which Birmingham?
Alabama
Old Dec 17th 2017, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ddsrph
Alabama
Boiler
It's totally none of my business but I have wondered how you ended up in the mountains of Colorado. It's not a high tech job Mecca but if cold doesn't bother you a potentially great place to live. Many years ago
I was stationed at the now closed Lowry AFB in Denver and took a few trips west into the mountains. Some great scenery.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.