Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Let's talk about cars

Let's talk about cars

Old Sep 18th 2013, 3:24 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's talk about cars

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
The good thing is, if one of those ever gets in an accident, they'll end up looking nicer
It isn't the best looking thing I have ever seen.

Size-wise though, it is interesting.

(Comparing it to a Mini Countryman btw).
Old Sep 18th 2013, 3:32 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
(Comparing it to a Mini Countryman btw).
I don't like those either
Old Sep 18th 2013, 3:34 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

How much do we hate the Nissan Juke? Consumer Reports say we like it quite a bit, which surprised me for some reason.
I'm confused: the same guy who derided the HHR for its ungainly looks is now considering a Juke?

The Juke looks like a frog after it lost a fight. It could drive like a Ferrari, and I'd still be embarrassed to be seen in one. (Plus, you probably don't have enough X chromosomes to qualify for ownership.)
Old Sep 18th 2013, 3:35 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
I'm confused: the same guy who derided the HHR for its ungainly looks is now considering a Juke?

The Juke looks like a frog after it lost a fight. It could drive like a Ferrari, and I'd still be embarrassed to be seen in one. (Plus, you probably don't have enough X chromosomes to qualify for ownership.)
It really is odd looking. I can't quite decide why they did that.

Choices in that size of vehicle seem really limited.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 3:36 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Sooo...

How much do we hate the Nissan Juke? .....
I have no opinion on it, which is surely the worst possible outcome for a car, that it doesn't provoke any emotion at all.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 3:38 am

Gah.... (lack of) choices.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 3:42 am

I should just get one of these.

Powerful like a Gorilla and it even has rack and peanut steering.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 4:33 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I should just get one of these.

http://onscreencars.com/wp-content/u.../the-homer.jpg

Powerful like a Gorilla and it even has rack and peanut steering.
Your dog would like the view from the back seat!
Old Sep 18th 2013, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Your dog would like the view from the back seat!

Old Sep 18th 2013, 5:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
My first American car! How I loved that thing! And even managed to avoid getting rear-ended and ending up in a ball of fire . . . .
I hesitate to confess that I had one. I bought a red one, but when I went to pick it up they gave me the "sorry but I did not know the red one was already sold. Here is your beige one." I grumbled, took it, went directly to the auto body supply store and bought British Racing Green paint and all the necessary goodies, went to my buddies house and painted it in his garage. Same day. Damn good job too.

The reverse gear went in about 2 months. Replaced under warranty. Later, two days over warranty, I was driving down the highway, heard a loud metallic twang and within 100 yards the engine blew up. There was a trail of coolant behind me. Looked at the rad and on the inside face there was a huge gash. Walked down the road and found the culprit, a metal retaining clip from the timing chain. Had it towed to Ford where the Ford factory rep told me that road damage was not covered and besides my warranty was out by two days. I smiled, pulled the metal clip out of my pocket and handed it to him. He kind of frowned and said, ok, we'll fix it.

Then I went and replaced the exhaust manifold with headers. Got an extra 5 mph top speed. Then I got crazy and installed a Crane 3/4 race cam, an Offenhauser dual port manifold and a 390cfm Holly 4 barrel carb. That managed to blow the engine in about four months. Too much gas washing all the oil out of the cylinders. Put a used engine in and, when a few more gears in the new tranny went at 150,000 miles, drove it to my friends place and tossed his son the keys. Bought a 66 Mustang.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 6:30 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
I hesitate to confess that I had one. I bought a red one, but when I went to pick it up they gave me the "sorry but I did not know the red one was already sold. Here is your beige one." I grumbled, took it, went directly to the auto body supply store and bought British Racing Green paint and all the necessary goodies, went to my buddies house and painted it in his garage. Same day. Damn good job too.

The reverse gear went in about 2 months. Replaced under warranty. Later, two days over warranty, I was driving down the highway, heard a loud metallic twang and within 100 yards the engine blew up. There was a trail of coolant behind me. Looked at the rad and on the inside face there was a huge gash. Walked down the road and found the culprit, a metal retaining clip from the timing chain. Had it towed to Ford where the Ford factory rep told me that road damage was not covered and besides my warranty was out by two days. I smiled, pulled the metal clip out of my pocket and handed it to him. He kind of frowned and said, ok, we'll fix it.

Then I went and replaced the exhaust manifold with headers. Got an extra 5 mph top speed. Then I got crazy and installed a Crane 3/4 race cam, an Offenhauser dual port manifold and a 390cfm Holly 4 barrel carb. That managed to blow the engine in about four months. Too much gas washing all the oil out of the cylinders. Put a used engine in and, when a few more gears in the new tranny went at 150,000 miles, drove it to my friends place and tossed his son the keys. Bought a 66 Mustang.
LOL -- but memories are made of this! Mine was a hideous orangey shade -- buying used, I had no option, and the price was right! I lived in NYC so it gave me my weekend escape to the country and I loved the feeling of freedom that came with that Friday evening drive. The Pinto actually did pretty well by me, but by the time I sold it the body was falling apart, though it was still running.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
.... by the time I sold it the body was falling apart, though it was still running.
Dieseling?
Old Sep 18th 2013, 6:38 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Dieseling?
No, it was always happy to shut down! It was starting where you held your breath!
Old Sep 18th 2013, 6:45 am

Old Sep 18th 2013, 6:48 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

I've not seen one of those in the US. They're interesting, but I don't "like" them enough to ever want to own one.

I saw the faded red TR7 again yesterday, as it arrived in the parking lot at Lowes, again. It seems strange to see it at all, but stranger still that it seems to be haunting Lowes.
Just returned from Yellowstone -- saw a red 4-wheel Morgan going the other way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.