Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Let's talk about cars

Let's talk about cars

Old Sep 16th 2016, 5:39 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's talk about cars

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You can't fake authenticity. ..... Neither can the BBC.
I had it at low volume with the auto-gen close captions on, and it displayed that as "I'm going to have an accustomed dream", which was kind of funny.

Originally Posted by Guindalf
Fun video, but I'm thinking it's fake, if nothing else, for legal reasons.

Nov 18th can't get here fast enough for my liking!
Nor mine. Amazon basically handed them a blank check and sent them on their way. It's going to be good.
Old Sep 16th 2016, 5:48 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guindalf
Fun video, but I'm thinking it's fake, if nothing else, for legal reasons. ....
Which bit might have been faked? I don't know if the Top Gear footage was genuine, having never seen the CE version, but it looked and sounded genuine to me.

I am certain that the ten seconds or so of Top Gear footage would fall comfortably within the copyright exception established in both the UK and the US, for limited use of copyrighted material for humourous or satirical purposes.

Given that the CE version of Top Gear bellyflopped spectacularly, would be ironic if the Beeb tried to make an issue about this!
Old Sep 16th 2016, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

I would think there would be issues for the boys being associated with TG after they all left. All the footage was genuine, but I question that we were actually watching their reactions to the show. That's what I think is manufactured.
Old Sep 17th 2016, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

So Amazon are only releasing 1 episode of GT a week, son o binge watching. I personally really like this idea. Gives you something to look forward to in the week.
Old Sep 17th 2016, 5:26 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1
So Amazon are only releasing 1 episode of GT a week, son o binge watching. I personally really like this idea. Gives you something to look forward to in the week.
It might catch on, .... maybe TV channels could release their shows that way.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw Tesla SUV ; never seen 1 before.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Just saw Tesla SUV ; never seen 1 before.
This probably won't surprise you, but I am gonna file that under "WGAF".
Old Sep 18th 2016, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
This probably won't surprise you, but I am gonna file that under "WGAF".
Seen quite a few of the Sedans but this was the 1st SUV ; didn't realize they were past the prototype stage.

And in other news:

Ford is going to move All small car production to Mexico.

My dream vehicle along with the McLaren F1 LM and Shelby 427 Cobra. Just need to find a spare $650K to get this Raptor.

Last edited by Boomhauer; Sep 18th 2016 at 7:40 am.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 2:41 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1
Amazon do this with shows that are currently being broadcast as well, you can 'buy' the season and they release each new episode as it airs, so by the end of the run, you have the whole season in your Amazon cloud storage. It saves space on the DVR and saves you having to buy the DVD as well. Great stuff
Old Sep 19th 2016, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Seen quite a few of the Sedans but this was the 1st SUV ; didn't realize they were past the prototype stage.
Given the number of complaints about the model X one wonders if they did get past the prototype stage.
Old Sep 21st 2016, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

So the Daily Mail has this article showing the driver of a parked car opening the driver's side door - which is adjacent to traffic - and consequently getting it smashed by another vehicle.

DM asks who is to blame. I blame the bloody DM for not providing a video that is not slow-motion. Even thought everyone can see it is slow-motion, perception can still be affected.

Volvo driver getting out of a parked car has his door smashed off by a passing Peugeot - but who was most to blame? | Daily Mail Online
Old Sep 21st 2016, 3:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

https://techcrunch.com/2016/09/21/ap...n-report-says/

Apple in talks to buy McLaren?
Old Sep 21st 2016, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bob
My hunch is for a tech tie-up.
Old Sep 21st 2016, 6:09 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

My hunch is for a tech tie-up.
Ultimate iPhone drone control gaming...In a car that'll break at the drop of a hat
Old Sep 21st 2016, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I saw that today. I agree with the earlier comment, more a sharing of ideas than an outright buyout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.