Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Let's talk about cars

Let's talk about cars

Old Aug 26th 2013, 3:42 am
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's talk about cars

I just went and looked at the F-150 line up - I take it back, WTF?

If in doubt, I guess judge it on the size of the wheels - the bigger they are, the higher up the pecking order in the range.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:10 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
I thought the King Ranch was above the Limited. No idea about the Platinum. And then there is the Raptor (grrr, manly, grr).
In truck terms, the Ltd is (was?) the mid-level spec, with the Lariat being top spec. Then they added the HD and King Ranch "specials", with KR flipping back and forth between bring an F150 model and an F250 model. The Raptor is an SVT creation. I'm not sure about the Platinum either, and what extras you might be getting above and beyond the Lariat?

Last edited by Pulaski; Aug 26th 2013 at 4:14 am.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:17 am
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
In truck terms, the Ltd is (was?) the mid-level spec, with the Lariat being top spec. Then they added the HD and King Ranch "specials", with KR flipping back and forth between bring an F150 model and an F250 model. The Raptor is an SVT creation. I'm not sure about the Platinum either, and what extras you might be getting above and beyond the Lariat?
According to Ford's website on the F150 prices:

- King Ranch: $43,920
- Raptor: $44,035
- Platinum: $46,945
- Limited: $50,025

I agree - I thought the Ltd was below the Lariat and the KR sat at the top.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:20 am
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bink
According to Ford's website on the F150 prices:

- King Ranch: $43,920
- Raptor: $44,035
- Platinum: $46,945
- Limited: $50,025

I agree - I thought the Ltd was below the Lariat and the KR sat at the top.
KR - 18" wheels
Raptor - offroad special
Platinum - 20" wheels
Limited - 22" wheels

It's the only way to work through all the packages, I'm telling you.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:29 am
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

KR - 18" wheels
Raptor - offroad special
Platinum - 20" wheels
Limited - 22" wheels

It's the only way to work through all the packages, I'm telling you.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:33 am
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the King Ranch was above the Limited. No idea about the Platinum. And then there is the Raptor (grrr, manly, grr).
Ford Ghia is always the top model
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:33 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Bigger is more betterer.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:42 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
Ford Ghia is always the top model
Did you leave the UK before Ford introduced the Ghia X?
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:44 am
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1
I can't argue that that looks nice. I've also seen a fantastic looking F-150 at work that frankly looks drop dead gorgeous.
I've never heard anyone describe a truck as drop dead gorgeous
They are ugly by definition (shape). I've owned one when I needed one but never found it cool looking or fun to drive.

There are plenty of trucks around here, I do my best to not drive behind one as most of them are raised and they never have mud flaps, maybe they aren't part of the cool truck look. But the result is they throw up any rocks on the road that will chip or scratch your windshield.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:50 am
Account Closed

nope but its a still a ghia

I left before the Titanium though.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:51 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

My uncle had a Granada Ghia X, late 70s/early 80s model, the one that looked like a longer, thinner Cortina, rather than the rounder Sierra derivative of the late 80s. Beige, with driving lights. I loved that car
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:52 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
My uncle had a Granada Ghia X, late 70s/early 80s model, the one that looked like a longer, thinner Cortina
Nice Vinyl Roof?
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
I've never heard anyone describe a truck as drop dead gorgeous
They are ugly by definition (shape). I've owned one when I needed one but never found it cool looking or fun to drive.
I'm tellin ya, this thing looked smart. It just looked mean. I don't know if the guy had modded it slightly or I it was standard, but it really did look amazing. And this is coming from someone that clearly hates trucks LOL.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Nutek
Nice. Vinyl Roof?
And a black rubber spoiler?
Old Aug 26th 2013, 5:00 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Nice Vinyl Roof?
I can't remember. He ended up replacing it with a different Granada shortly afterwards, then eventually a Sierra Sapphire.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.