Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Let's talk about cars

Let's talk about cars

Old Aug 23rd 2013, 7:28 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's talk about cars

Originally Posted by Bink
They're only boring if there's no one else on the road...!
Fair point! But the excitement / stress level is a bit lower in the truck than the wife's old Mazda 3!
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 7:29 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Should see how I've struggled not to post a "just the tip" pic in the tipping thread. It's been torture!
It's been quiet over there.....you gonna wake it up again...?
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 7:29 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
It's been quiet over there.....you gonna wake it up again...?
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so I lied! The local shops are a 5 minute walk away and I drive LOL.

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
My thoughts exactly when we got here in 2002. A decade later and I'm driving (and loving) an F150.....bought it last year primarily to tow our Travel Trailer (caravan) which is 33' long and was just proving to be too much of a handful for the SUV I used to tow it with. The truck does the job beautifully, and has proven very handy for other load carrying that we could probably could have done with the SUV, but not easily. But to be honest, even if we got rid of the trailer, I would find it hard to go back from the truck...it's just so darn nice to drive, especially on the boring highways we have here!
So what you're saying is me getting a truck/SUV is inevitable then. I just hope that doesn't go for an automatic too!!! Talking of the jacked up trucks, there's a ton of em round here with Santa Cruz just up the road! I would imagine they must be god awful to drive unless you just drive on dead straight roads.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 7:36 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1
That's the spirit.

So what you're saying is me getting a truck/SUV is inevitable then. I just hope that doesn't go for an automatic too!!! Talking of the jacked up trucks, there's a ton of em round here with Santa Cruz just up the road! I would imagine they must be god awful to drive unless you just drive on dead straight roads.
This was mine...

Old Aug 23rd 2013, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

That's the spirit.

This was mine...

http://yaypics.smugmug.com/photos/i-...-qk7N6SM-M.jpg
I can't argue that that looks nice. I've also seen a fantastic looking F-150 at work that frankly looks drop dead gorgeous. I'm also not knocking anyone for owning a truck or an SUV. I've just never been one to own a vehicle to just get from A to B. Mine have been to get from A to B via C and D with a smile on my face. Can't see that ever happening in a truck. But as I said, I've only been here 5 months, give me a few years I'll probably be posting pics of my new truck LOL
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 7:50 am

I can't argue that that looks nice. I've also seen a fantastic looking F-150 at work that frankly looks drop dead gorgeous. I'm also not knocking anyone for owning a truck or an SUV. I've just never been one to own a vehicle to just get from A to B. Mine have been to get from A to B via C and D with a smile on my face. Can't see that ever happening in a truck. But as I said, I've only been here 5 months, give me a few years I'll probably be posting pics of my new truck LOL
$100 per week on gas to get to work and back got old after a while.

Mind you, it was better than my Lincoln. I was getting 6mpg out of that.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

6 MPG LOL. How is it possible to even design an engine capable of that.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 7:54 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Mind you, it was better than my Lincoln. I was getting 6mpg out of that.
(Big as a)Town Car?
Six +/- litre V8 with multiple carburetors, mounted in a body-on-frame car.

Last edited by Pulaski; Aug 23rd 2013 at 8:00 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 8:00 am
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

You're clearly not driving right!
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

They should restrict access to healthcare.
Maybe that's what their doing!
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 8:36 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Maybe that's what their doing!
More like constricting their access ...
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bink
You're clearly not driving right!
Well, I do only have a 4 cylinder engine.............. at the moment.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 8:57 am

Acclimatising nicely
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 9:09 am

So what you're saying is me getting a truck/SUV is inevitable then. I just hope that doesn't go for an automatic too!!!
The truck may not be inevitable, but round here I honestly cannot think of a single family that doesn't have either an SUV or a truck......
Most have SUVs orminivans, and if they have the minivan, the other car is a truck. I assume this combination is to prove that the man of the house has not been totally emasculated. Given what my wife drives, I should drive the biggest most jacked up badass truck on the road!! But I don't....its an old mans truck...150 Platinum ecoboost, with the ultimate old-man accessory....the tailgate step

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.