Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Let's talk about cars

Let's talk about cars

Old Mar 10th 2015, 4:17 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's talk about cars

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I was half right. It's an F1 car, but not a McLaren. A bit of a fart around with google seems to show it's a 1967 Honda RA300, driven by John Surtees.

That it, Nutek?
I believe so, yes. I have a pile of them (about 200 or so images), but my notes are not complete.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 4:22 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I was half right. It's an F1 car, but not a McLaren. A bit of a fart around with google seems to show it's a 1967 Honda RA300, .....
Yup, that's it. I hadn't realised that cars were being built without spoilers as late as 1967.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 4:22 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

I was half right. It's an F1 car, but not a McLaren. A bit of a fart around with google seems to show it's a 1967 Honda RA300, driven by John Surtees.

That it, Nutek?
Give that man a prize! I think the Marlboro-branded spoiler must be on the back of the car in front... a historic parade of some sort, Festival of Speed type occasion perhaps?
Old Mar 10th 2015, 4:23 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Yup, that's it. I hadn't realised that cars were being built without spoilers as late as 1967.
Nice, Isn't it?
Old Mar 10th 2015, 4:26 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, as late as 1970 I think. Could be wrong.

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Give that man a prize! I think the Marlboro-branded spoiler must be on the back of the car in front... a historic parade of some sort, Festival of Speed type occasion perhaps?
It's probably either a McLaren MP4/4 or MP4/6, one of Senna's would be my guess. Honda usually trots one or other of them out for events such as that.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 4:28 am

Yeah, as late as 1970 I think. Could be wrong.

It's probably either a McLaren MP4/4 or MP4/6, one of Senna's would be my guess. Honda usually trots one or other of them out for events such as that.
I bet Alonso wishes he had that one.

I have a crapload of old F1 pics but I guess they should go in the F1 thread... Then again, I don't want to crap that up with old images either with the new season about to start.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 4:28 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
....., Festival of Speed type occasion perhaps?
Looks like it could be in the "top paddock".
Old Mar 10th 2015, 4:33 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
I bet Alonso wishes he had that one.

I have a crapload of old F1 pics but I guess they should go in the F1 thread... Then again, I don't want to crap that up with old images either with the new season about to start.
I think any F1 fan who likes McLaren would wish they had the MP4/4 again
Old Mar 10th 2015, 4:42 am

I think any F1 fan who likes McLaren would wish they had the MP4/4 again
Mr. Dennis needs to get a grip.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 4:52 am

Mr. Dennis needs to get a grip.
IMO It was around the time that the manufacturers realised that there was more to grip than merely tyres and suspension that everything started to unravel.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

IMO It was around the time that the manufacturers realised that there was more to grip than merely tyres and suspension that everything started to unravel.
Did you also lament the day the world changed from black and white to colour
Old Mar 10th 2015, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by markonline1
Did you also lament the day the world changed from black and white to colour
Black and white does have a certain style...
Old Mar 10th 2015, 5:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

BBC News - Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC

I was always going to be a matter of when not if.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
BBC News - Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC

I was always going to be a matter of when not if.
That took a lot longer than expected.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 5:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

That took a lot longer than expected.
The problem is what do you do next. Try and replace him? Part of the reason TG works is because everyone knows he is a racist, bigoted, old fossil.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.