Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Let's talk about cars

Let's talk about cars

Old Oct 1st 2014, 1:29 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's talk about cars

Originally Posted by markonline1
Yeah, the ladies v6 one though. I do 40 miles a day. Think the V8 will cripple me. Plus, they tend to be a little pricier anyway. I drive like a prick enough without a v8 under the hood, I think the V6 is best for me all round. I do have to cldouble check a baby seat will fit in the back though. .....
Ugh! Unless there's a lot more room in the back of the '05-'14 Mustang than the '93-'04 one, or your wife is especially petite, you may have a problem, because little Miss P's baby seat required the passenger seat to be so far forward that Mrs P couldn't fit in. That problem persisted after little Miss P went from a baby seat for as long as we were using a high-backed seat. Now she sits in a simple booster seat and there is room for all three of us, but I believe that by the time little Miss P reaches the age of ten, 2-3 years from now, there won't be room in the back for her legs behind Mrs P's seat. ..... There isn't, and never has been, enough room behind my seat for anyone who has legs!
Old Oct 1st 2014, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Ugh! Unless there's a lot more room in the back of the '05-'14 Mustang than the '93-'04 one, or your wife is especially petite, you may have a problem, because little Miss P's baby seat required the passenger seat to be so far forward that Mrs P couldn't fit in. That problem persisted after little Miss P went from a baby seat for as long as we were using a high-backed seat. Now she sits in a simple booster seat and there is room for all three of us, but I believe that by the time little Miss P reaches the age of ten, 2-3 years from now, there won't be room in the back for her legs behind Mrs P's seat. ..... There isn't, and never has been, enough room behind my seat for anyone who has legs!
Awesome news. The only person who has ever been in the back of my mazda is my 5 year old step daughter. I can't see that really changing any time soon. So long as I can get a baby seat in the back, even with the seat forward, that's good news. I was a little worried as the rear seats look quite sculpted. The wife has a Forester that is used as the family vehicle, so the back seat issue should t be an issue.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 1:26 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Love the GT. In all likelihood though, with the money I'll be spending, it'll be a V6, around 2005/6. Probably the equivalent of a hairdressers car over here, but I don't care.
I think you will have plenty of fun with the V6.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 8:53 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome news. The only person who has ever been in the back of my mazda is my 5 year old step daughter. I can't see that really changing any time soon. So long as I can get a baby seat in the back, even with the seat forward, that's good news. I was a little worried as the rear seats look quite sculpted. The wife has a Forester that is used as the family vehicle, so the back seat issue should t be an issue.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 9:36 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
[Dora seat]
Presumably the inside view of this:
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 9:47 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Out of idle curiosity and being the owner of a new TDI Volkswagen, I compared the prices of a Dodge Challenger 6-cylinder and the new 2015 Golf TDI. The 6-cylinder Challenger only has an automatic. You can get the TDI with a manual [and the dealer was telling me that VW is one of the few cars in which manuals sell well -- they are often the first to sell]. I'd rather buy that TDI for driving, price and practicality.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 11:08 am
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Out of idle curiosity and being the owner of a new TDI Volkswagen, I compared the prices of a Dodge Challenger 6-cylinder and the new 2015 Golf TDI. The 6-cylinder Challenger only has an automatic. You can get the TDI with a manual [and the dealer was telling me that VW is one of the few cars in which manuals sell well -- they are often the first to sell]. I'd rather buy that TDI for driving, price and practicality.
I've got last years golf GTI (DSG) and it's a giggle. Mind you, if had a DSG before so I knew it was ok, otherwise I would have looked for a manual.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 11:22 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
I've got last years golf GTI (DSG) and it's a giggle. Mind you, if had a DSG before so I knew it was ok, otherwise I would have looked for a manual.
I mentioned above that our new Sportwagen has the DSG. I could have gone either way but my other half said "I don't care to work the clutch" anymore. We both know how to drive manual and have owned them in the past. We have rented manuals Italy, Germany, Israel and Costa Rica. I find that, although I had no problem driving stick, I really did not find it to be fun anymore. I don't know how price sensitive our friend is here, but the DSG does add over $1000 to the price. I do think its telling that most racing cars no longer use other than DSG.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Blue book price of $5,800 selling privately in good condition, which my Mazda was. Geico gave me a check for $8,600. Woo hoo!!
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Blue book price of $5,800 selling privately in good condition, which my Mazda was. Geico gave me a check for $8,600. Woo hoo!!
Hang on, I'm off to umm drive umm through a err forest and stuff....
Old Oct 6th 2014, 4:57 am

Best floor mats ever.

Old Oct 6th 2014, 5:48 am

Best floor mats ever. .....
Looking at how the image reaches up to the console around the gear lever, and back under the seat, it appears that that is the installed carpet, not just floor mats.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Looking at how the image reaches up to the console around the gear lever, and back under the seat, it appears that that is the installed carpet, not just floor mats.
Lovely isn't it?
Old Oct 6th 2014, 5:55 am

Lovely isn't it?
I'm speechless, and that doesn't happen often.

Meanwhile, here's the Toyota FT-1 concept, which might see production as a new Supra.

Last edited by Pulaski; Oct 6th 2014 at 6:36 am.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Got one!!!!!!!!

Picked it up last night. Best. Car. Ever!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.