Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Let's talk about cars

Let's talk about cars

Old Feb 19th 2014, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's talk about cars

Originally Posted by Nutek
The best looking race car in the history of everything ever.
Yes!

Have you seen this years cars doing testing right now. Bunch of hideous mutant things.

http://jalopnik.com/your-definitive-...hat-1513263371
Old Feb 19th 2014, 6:39 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

But not the car he hoped to drive I suspect, (leaving out the obvious).
Didn't he and Berger both hope to drive one with a Lambo V12 in it that season? It matters not because he still won.

Didn't they (Williams) lose the Active Suspension during the winter break due to reg changes?
I think so. Between 1993 and 1994, it was - which is why the FW16 ended up being so twitchy and off the pace (otherwise Senna would likely not have crached and Hill or Senna would have won that season - much as I like Schumacher)

It was a better era - back in the days when F1 looked like a bunch of packets of fags flying around a track
Old Feb 19th 2014, 6:41 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Yes!

Have you seen this years cars doing testing right now. Bunch of hideous mutant things.

Go play with us in the F1 thread in the Locker Room.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 6:43 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Yes!

I want to like F1 today as much as I used to when Senna, Mansell et al were racing but I can't help but think it was just better back then ...
Old Feb 19th 2014, 6:45 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
It was a better era - back in the days when F1 looked like a bunch of packets of fags flying around a track
Agreed.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 6:57 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

You are a bad person. You need to go sit in Pulaski's F250 and think about what you've done.
Originally Posted by dakota44
Can I sit in the cab or do I have to sit in the box?
Ignore Nutek, you can sit in the cab with me and we can talk about cars that don't look like they dropped out of a cereal box.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 7:00 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Ignore Nutek, you can sit in the cab with me and we can talk about cars that don't look like they dropped out of a cereal box.
Ah, but where do you stand on late '80s/early '90s Formula 1? That could be your chance to redeem yourself.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 7:05 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, but where do you stand on late '80s/early '90s Formula 1? That could be your chance to redeem yourself.
Boys toys. Roy Salvadori and Vanwall those were the days.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 7:06 am
Mions' a point.

MostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond repute

LOL!

This thread reminds me of: https://thebodypacifist.files.wordpr...pg?w=312&h=236

Pete
Old Feb 19th 2014, 7:06 am

Barely. We need an impatient, foot-tapping emote.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 7:08 am

cars that don't look like they dropped out of a cereal box.
At least they don't look like they were modeled after one.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 7:24 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

That was the last "golden era" of F1 in my opinion. I never really had a favorite team, and I liked a lot of drivers, though Mansell stood out, for similar reasons that Earnhardt Sr stood out in NASCAR, he was the last of an era, of drivers not hired for their marketability and with little apparent interest in being politically correct. 1991 was the year that I attended my only F1 race, watching Nigel Mansell win at Silverstone. My father and I stood on the bank at Beckett's and watched Mansell chase Prost down Hangar Straight on the first lap, before passing Prost on the way into Stowe. It was all over from there as Mansell led all the way to the checkered flag!

I did see one these, a Ferrari 642 (the 1991 car), in what is certainly one of the two most unexpected encounters I have had with cars away from races and shows.
I left my house on the outskirts of Richmond, in London, to walk to the tube station one morning in 1992. As I turned the corner from the road I lived on, there, on a flat bed truck was a Ferrari 642 complete with Jean Alesi's name on the side of the cockpit. The truck was backed up to a similar truck with a canvas "box" covering the bed, and two men proceeded to push the Ferrari from the open bed truck into the canvas box truck. I have no idea what they were doing with that car, or why, as the area was entirely residential.

Last edited by Pulaski; Feb 19th 2014 at 8:00 am.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 7:28 am
I have a comma problem

That was the last "golden era" of F1 in my opinion. I never really had a favorite team, and I liked a lot of drivers, though Mansell stood out, for similar reasons that Earnhardt Sr stood out in NASCAR, he was the last of an era, of drivers not hired for their marketability and with little apparently interest in being politically correct. 1991 was the year that I attended my only F1 race, watching Nigel Mansell win at Silverstone. My father and I stood on the bank at Beckett's and watched Mansell chase Prost down Hangar Straight on the first lap, before passing Prost on the way into Stowe. It was all over from there as Mansell led all the way to the checkered flag!

I did see one these, a Ferrari 642 (the 1991 car), in what is certainly one of the two most unexpected encounters I have had with cars away from races and shows. http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4031/4...fff26b3024.jpg
I left my house on the outskirts of Richmond, in London, to walk to the tube station one morning in 1992. As I turned the corner from the road I lived on, there, on a flat bed truck was a Ferrari 642 complete with Jean Alesi's name on the side of the cockpit. The truck was backed up to a similar truck with a canvas "box" covering the bed, and two men proceeded to push the Ferrari from the open bed truck into the canvas box truck. I have no idea what they were doing with that car, or why, as the area was entirely residential.
That's a correct answer

I never had a favourite team as such, myself. I always liked the look of the Williams, McLaren and Ferrari cars though.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 8:03 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Boys toys. Roy Salvadori and Vanwall those were the days.
Back to the days of Fangio. Good stuff.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 8:17 am

That was the last "golden era" of F1 in my opinion. I never really had a favorite team, and I liked a lot of drivers, though Mansell stood out, for similar reasons that Earnhardt Sr stood out in NASCAR, he was the last of an era, of drivers not hired for their marketability and with little apparent interest in being politically correct. 1991 was the year that I attended my only F1 race, watching Nigel Mansell win at Silverstone. My father and I stood on the bank at Beckett's and watched Mansell chase Prost down Hangar Straight on the first lap, before passing Prost on the way into Stowe. It was all over from there as Mansell led all the way to the checkered flag!

I did see one these, a Ferrari 642 (the 1991 car), in what is certainly one of the two most unexpected encounters I have had with cars away from races and shows. http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4031/4...fff26b3024.jpg
I .... agree with all of this.

I think I need to go sit down now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.