Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Let's talk about cars

Let's talk about cars

Old Feb 20th 2020, 1:35 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's talk about cars

Originally Posted by Bob
https://twitter.com/DigitalTrends/st...94230265167872

DeLorean turned into a hovercraft...
Hope the contents of the glove box don't get damp.
Old Feb 20th 2020, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
https://anewspost.com/delorean-confi...-dmc-12s-cars/

Speaking of DeLorean, plans for a come back...and it's not a April 1st....
Still looks better than that Elon Musk CyberTruck monstrosity
Old Feb 20th 2020, 9:28 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
Still looks better than that Elon Musk CyberTruck monstrosity .....
I'd fight you for an LM002 before I'd take one of those things, and that's saying something!
Old Feb 20th 2020, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I'd fight you for an LM002 before I'd take one of those things, and that's saying something!
Ha! My eyes are already burning at the thought of it.

Also reminds me I have to pay my delightful $1300 plate renewal before the end of the month. Thanks Colorado.
Old Feb 20th 2020, 9:31 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
.... Speaking of DeLorean, plans for a come back. ....
The same sort of come back as Triumph motorcycles, i.e. someone has bought the rights to the name.
Old Feb 20th 2020, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
The same sort of come back as Triumph motorcycles, i.e. someone has bought the rights to the name.
They will be hoping so, as Triumph are currently putting our some of the best motorcylces on the road.
Old Feb 20th 2020, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Ha! My eyes are already burning at the thought of it.

Also reminds me I have to pay my delightful $1300 plate renewal before the end of the month. Thanks Colorado.
Ben
What kind of vehicle has a $1300 plate
renewal? I am thinking a fleet of Kenworths. My county in TN is $26 with no other tax or fees.
Old Feb 21st 2020, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ddsrph
Ben
What kind of vehicle has a $1300 plate
renewal? I am thinking a fleet of Kenworths. My county in TN is $26 with no other tax or fees.
2018 Ford Raptor, they base it on weight, emissions, value all of which suck.

Wife's 4Runner was initially $800 for the first time plates and tag but renewal dropped to $640... Colorado sucks when it comes to vehicle registration. All the Texans in the Colorado Raptor Forum are constantly whining how expensive it is and end up just keeping their Texas plates!
Old Feb 21st 2020, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

2018 Ford Raptor, they base it on weight, emissions, value all of which suck.

Wife's 4Runner was initially $800 for the first time plates and tag but renewal dropped to $640... Colorado sucks when it comes to vehicle registration. All the Texans in the Colorado Raptor Forum are constantly whining how expensive it is and end up just keeping their Texas plates!
That’s a no win system. An old car with low value would have high emissions and still pay an excessive rate. There would be mass demonstrations and possible violence if TN law makers passed a system like that. Some counties do have an additional “wheel tax” but in most that is only $35 to $50 dollars extra.
Old Feb 21st 2020, 6:41 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

That’s a no win system. An old car with low value would have high emissions and still pay an excessive rate. There would be mass demonstrations and possible violence if TN law makers passed a system like that. Some counties do have an additional “wheel tax” but in most that is only $35 to $50 dollars extra.
They tried to add the wheel tax here in Giles County but that was shot down pretty quick.

Tag renewal seems to have gone up slightly too as I just renewed my car tag and it was $32.64, $2 of which was for postage and $1 for renewing online, still slightly cheaper than Colorado though.

Old Feb 21st 2020, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
They tried to add the wheel tax here in Giles County but that was shot down pretty quick.

Tag renewal seems to have gone up slightly too as I just renewed my car tag and it was $32.64, $2 of which was for postage and $1 for renewing online, still slightly cheaper than Colorado though.
We are lucky tax wise in Tennessee. I was very pleasantly surprised by my property tax when I built my new house in Moore county. When I got my first years property tax bill If less than $300 per year I went down and paid it same day before they changed their mind, Last year it was $301. This is for a 1200 sq foot brick house with detached garage and minimal view of Tim’s Ford lake in a very nice development. With no state income Tax I don’t mind the sales tax,
Old Feb 21st 2020, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think if it's 18 years or older it is either registration exempt or a one time fee, I can't remember the specifics.

But yeah, registering vehicles here sucks, especially having had a brief stint in Montana and seeing all those prices without sales tax
Old Feb 21st 2020, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Dang. And here I am complaining about $160 including the $30 I have to pay for living in city limits.
Old Feb 21st 2020, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute

I think if it's 18 years or older it is either registration exempt or a one time fee, I can't remember the specifics.

But yeah, registering vehicles here sucks, especially having had a brief stint in Montana and seeing all those prices without sales tax
Form a Montana LLC and register it via that like most of the supercar owners seem to
Old Aug 10th 2020, 2:36 pm

Anyone fancy a brand new 1960's Mustang?

They're a bit pricy, but officially licenced by Ford, and seem to be "resto-mod style", which was presumably necessary anyway to get them through the currenty safety tests.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.