Reload this Page >

Let's talk about cars

Let's talk about cars

Old Jan 29th 2016, 5:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Let's talk about cars

Originally Posted by FlaviusAetius
Of course they won't. Fact is the rest of us have to subsidize the price of the car via tax breaks for the rich who are buying them. Although, at $35k, even Everyman could afford one and then either the subsidy goes away or it becomes a major line item in the federal budget.

What I'd really like to see would be a small 1 or 2 cylinder motor that would run to keep the battery charged. I think that's what makes the BMW i3 impractical, even the model with the extender battery.

So...you're driving your Tesla Model 3 at night in the winter when the battery is less efficient. It's discharging rapidly and you're miles from your destination. You're desperately trying to find a Tesla charging station. You're passing all those fossil-fuel stations where less save-the-world people recharge the fuel tanks of their SUVs in 5 minutes and are on their way again. You hate your Tesla when the battery dies and the headlights go out.
Why would you be driving your Tesla where the Oiks live?
Old Jan 29th 2016, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Why would you be driving your Tesla where the Oiks live?
I loved my Tesla so much I left the Grand Cherokee at home. Forgot, they don't have any charging stations where the Oiks live. The bearded gap-toothed guy breaks into a big grin, nudges his buddy and happily crows, "We ain't got it!" when I asked about where the nearest one was. Then he and his buddy laughed their asses off. It was terrible; and my wife started ragging at me and the kids started whining. I'll never buy another of those Tesla pieces of shite even though I really do want to save the world. Won't drive to Colorado again, either, where the Oiks live.

Last edited by FlaviusAetius; Jan 29th 2016 at 6:24 am.
Old Jan 29th 2016, 9:53 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

[sound of a slightly distorted banjo] of course at some point, on a snowy cold night, someones going to freeze to death in a tesla... Probably already happened and they are paying someone to keep shtum.

The ultimate hilarity is here in the grenadines. All electrical power comes courtesy of diesel generators and it costs about 2-4 times what you pay. Nissan gave the government a couple of leaf's, plug in 100% electric cars. The government is saying people should use them. The people fall over laughing and fill their diesel trucks up again. The leaf's batteries dont like rough roads and extreme conditions and going up mountains. They actually have aircon, butit doesnt work very well, and it cuts the range to hahahahaha. Good job they were free.

Last edited by uk_grenada; Jan 29th 2016 at 9:56 am.
Old Jan 30th 2016, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

This just in from Canada. Enjoy:

TVRAACA Old Car Movies
Old Jan 30th 2016, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Currently driving a 2003 Volkswagen Polo. Struggling along with 105k miles. Every day when I wake it up at 6am it cries for the scrapyard. Now i'm just hoping it will hang on until the end. Come on, precious VW, don't give up on me yet.

Similar car, but looks more shiny:

Old Jan 31st 2016, 4:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

I loved my Tesla so much I left the Grand Cherokee at home. Forgot, they don't have any charging stations where the Oiks live. The bearded gap-toothed guy breaks into a big grin, nudges his buddy and happily crows, "We ain't got it!" when I asked about where the nearest one was. Then he and his buddy laughed their asses off. It was terrible; and my wife started ragging at me and the kids started whining. I'll never buy another of those Tesla pieces of shite even though I really do want to save the world. Won't drive to Colorado again, either, where the Oiks live.
6 superchargers in Colorado. Plenty to get across the state.
Old Jan 31st 2016, 4:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
[sound of a slightly distorted banjo] of course at some point, on a snowy cold night, someones going to freeze to death in a tesla... Probably already happened and they are paying someone to keep shtum.

The ultimate hilarity is here in the grenadines. All electrical power comes courtesy of diesel generators and it costs about 2-4 times what you pay. Nissan gave the government a couple of leaf's, plug in 100% electric cars. The government is saying people should use them. The people fall over laughing and fill their diesel trucks up again. The leaf's batteries dont like rough roads and extreme conditions and going up mountains. They actually have aircon, butit doesnt work very well, and it cuts the range to hahahahaha. Good job they were free.
Leafs were always pure shit.
Old Jan 31st 2016, 4:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

I have a soft spot for old knackers. I had a Peugeot 406 turbodiesel that did 300000 miles and was utterly reliable, great to drive but rotted away. For my sins, I now have an elderly Citroen CX, known as the UFO ( unfathomable French object) .....
Old Jan 31st 2016, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dakota44
Leafs were always pure shit.
If we're discussing more than one Nissan Leaf, would they be Leaves?
Old Jan 31st 2016, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If we're discussing more than one Nissan Leaf, would they be Leaves?
Not likely.
Old Jan 31st 2016, 4:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Not likely.
More likely left behind...
Old Jan 31st 2016, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This just in from Canada. Enjoy:

TVRAACA Old Car Movies
Great link. Enjoying it already.
Old Jan 31st 2016, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Great link. Enjoying it already.
Thanks, lots of really interesting stuff to see there.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 3:08 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Lexus RC F GT3 | News, pictures, specs | Digital Trends

Nice and shiny this...
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 4:10 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
It is. But it's still a Lexus. they just have this... sensible... image in my head that I can't shake.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.