Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Let's talk about cars

Let's talk about cars

Old Jan 20th 2016, 1:02 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's talk about cars

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
2016 Camaro. Looks pretty nice. In the grey colour , has a certain batman theme to it. .....
From that angle you can't see the daft smily grill it has. Since the Camaro was relaunched a few years ago I have always wondered if it was designed by a six-year-old?
Old Jan 20th 2016, 1:03 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

An amusing and quirky review of the Hellcat.

Doug DeMuro is the presenter, and I am beginning to like him, they should put him on the US Top Gear.

And here is the Aston he alluded to in the above video.

Old Jan 20th 2016, 5:20 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dj6372
So fellow car types

Looking at getting a new car, very keen on the 2015/16 Mazda 3, nice to drive, was my 1st choice

Nissan Altima also very nice

Toyota Corolla also very nice

Now Nissan have 0% finance, which is like Clare Grogan smeared in chocolate, holding a bacon butty, and my mind is now corrupted

I need clarity here, anyone have the cars mentioned and your thoughts on them
Consumer Reports downgraded the 2016 Nissan Altima to below average in reliability although it's a pretty nice looking car and well equipped.

2016 Corolla gets an excellent rating throughout.

The highly popular Toyota LE also tops but I didn't like the cheap tinny hubcaps otherwise pretty nice looking' The Toyota SE comes much better equipped but the front end looks awful with the big ugly plastic mesh work grill
Old Jan 20th 2016, 10:14 am

So fellow car types

Looking at getting a new car, very keen on the 2015/16 Mazda 3, nice to drive, was my 1st choice

Now Nissan have 0% finance, which is like Clare Grogan smeared in chocolate, holding a bacon butty, and my mind is now corrupted

Almost all cars these days are incredibly reliable compared to the way cars,were just twenty years ago, so any of them would do.

Personally I don't like the styling of the Nissan or the Toyota. Isn't the Nissan larger than the Toyota and Mazda, so not really and apples to apples comparison?

Have you looked at the Ford Focus - it looks good (IMO) and is easily the equal of anything the Japanese manufacturers make. I am interested in the Focus RS and wouldn't mind taking a serious look at it if we decide to buy a new car in the next year or two.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 20th 2016 at 10:19 am.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 10:58 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I am interested in the Focus RS and wouldn't mind taking a serious look at it if we decide to buy a new car in the next year or two.
Good man.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Nutek
Good man.
I still have to persuade Mrs P. Apparently hatchbacks are cheap cars driven by students, always.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 11:34 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

I still have to persuade Mrs P. Apparently hatchbacks are cheap cars driven by students, always.

I'll take a hot hatch over any of the overgrown Cortinas we normally see bandied about here.

/43K non-student hatch driver.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Owen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond repute

So fellow car types

That's a confusing list, as it's a combination of small and mid-sized cars.

I have a Ford Fusion (mid-sized), and it's great. I also test-drove the Ford Focus hatchback (small), and would have bought it if my wife hadn't insisted I bought a larger car.

When I test-drove them, I also tried Hyundai, Honda, Mazda and possibly Buick, I forget.They were all OK, and I would probably have bought a Honda Civic if I didn't buy the Ford.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

Almost all cars these days are incredibly reliable compared to the way cars,were just twenty years ago, so any of them would do.

Personally I don't like the styling of the Nissan or the Toyota. Isn't the Nissan larger than the Toyota and Mazda, so not really and apples to apples comparison?

Have you looked at the Ford Focus - it looks good (IMO) and is easily the equal of anything the Japanese manufacturers make. I am interested in the Focus RS and wouldn't mind taking a serious look at it if we decide to buy a new car in the next year or two.
Yup the Neeesan is the bigger of the 3

Internally the Corolla seems tiny (i'm 6'4), the Marrrrzda is a big car inside

As far as a Ford goes, yes I considered a Focus, but Mrs DJ informs me that i'm not getting a Ford!, think she is still stuck in the Ford are shit era lol

Its really just my commute to work car, we have a Lexus SUV for the long distance stuff

0% finance just speaks dirty to me (damn Scottish blood)

Thanks for your thoughts all

TBH I would buy an Aston in a second if I could afford the thing!
Old Jan 20th 2016, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

Funny that Mrs DJ has strange ideas about cars, I considered a Golf, she informs me they are cheap twat cars, I tried to explain the R36 to her, but I might as well have said Golf Banana

Hey ho
Old Jan 20th 2016, 2:49 pm

Funny that Mrs DJ has strange ideas about cars, I considered a Golf, she informs me they are cheap twat cars, I tried to explain the R36 to her, but I might as well have said Golf Banana

Hey ho
Old Jan 20th 2016, 2:52 pm

Funny that Mrs DJ has strange ideas about cars, I considered a Golf, she informs me they are cheap twat cars, .....
I agree with her on that one. US VW's are cräp.
..... As far as a Ford goes, yes I considered a Focus, but Mrs DJ informs me that i'm not getting a Ford!, think she is still stuck in the Ford are shit era lol. ....
There's nothing to be ashamed of driving an American car. Shame on Americans who think otherwise!

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 20th 2016 at 2:55 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

I agree with her on that one. US VW's are cräp.

There's nothing to be ashamed of driving an American car. Shame on Americans who think otherwise!
My wife adapted to the English way of live very easily (except her hatred of marmite)

Her cars in reverse order

Lexus RX350
Lexus IS250
BMW 528
BMW 320
BMW 528
BMW 320

Do you see a pattern there? do you see an Murcan car there?
Old Jan 20th 2016, 3:08 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

My wife adapted to the English way of live very easily (except her hatred of marmite)

Her cars in reverse order

Lexus RX350
Lexus IS250
BMW 528
BMW 320
BMW 528
BMW 320

Do you see a pattern there? do you see an Murcan car there?
BMW has a factory in the US, so four of them might be American
Old Jan 20th 2016, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
BMW has a factory in the US, so four of them might be American
Haha, maybe you tell her that

Anyway some of those cars are when we lived in the UK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.