Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Led Zep to Headline 'Bonnaroo' Festival in USA

Led Zep to Headline 'Bonnaroo' Festival in USA

Old Dec 31st 2007, 9:39 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Led Zep to Headline 'Bonnaroo' Festival in USA

I've just been looking at the tabloid newspaper headlines from Blighty and the Mirror 'exclusively' reports that Led Zep will be the major performers at the Bonnaroo festival in TN in June:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/2007...9520-20270256/

I bought their 'Mothership' CD for my spouse for Christmas which came with a DVD...now I can see why Robert Plant was regarded as some kind of Rock God LOL! I was never really into heavy rock but in my late teens I did have a boyfriend (called Shane!) who was a long haired biker. We used to go out with all his biker friends to watch live rock bands in the pubs....all the head banging got on my nerves after a while and so did he......
Old Dec 31st 2007, 9:44 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Led Zep to Headline 'Bonnaroo' Festival in USA

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I've just been looking at the tabloid newspaper headlines from Blighty and the Mirror 'exclusively' reports that Led Zep will be the major performers at the Bonnaroo festival in TN in June:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/2007...9520-20270256/

I bought their 'Mothership' CD for my spouse for Christmas which came with a DVD...now I can see why Robert Plant was regarded as some kind of Rock God LOL! I was never really into heavy rock but in my late teens I did have a boyfriend (called Shane!) who was a long haired biker. We used to go out with all his biker friends to watch live rock bands in the pubs....all the head banging got on my nerves after a while and so did he......
Should have put a pillow against the headboard
Old Dec 31st 2007, 10:44 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
Should have put a pillow against the headboard
Ha ha ha!

Poor old Shane....his dad bought a new yacht so we went down to south Wales where it was moored to stay for the weekend, taking two cars. We got there very late one Friday night and his parents had a large caravan next to the marina. I was horrified when they chose to sleep in their car and left me and Shane alone in the caravan.....I made him sleep at one end and I slept at the other....he was a nice enough guy but I certainly didn't want to sleep with him...

(Just noticed that you're from Brum. One of the pubs where we went to see a live band was this huge place on a roundabout off the A45 adjacent to Birmingham airport).
Old Dec 31st 2007, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

Until 8 weeks ago, my house backed onto the Bonnaroo field! Tiny town called Manchester TN. I moved 25 mins away... but if anyone goes, drop me a line, i will be happy to show you around the town... You should definately go to J&G Pizza and steak house. My friend Justin runs it and they make the best Cheese Steak Sarnie outside of Phillie!

Oh, and the Police ROCKED at this years festival!
Old Dec 31st 2007, 11:49 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Ha ha ha!

Poor old Shane....his dad bought a new yacht so we went down to south Wales where it was moored to stay for the weekend, taking two cars. We got there very late one Friday night and his parents had a large caravan next to the marina. I was horrified when they chose to sleep in their car and left me and Shane alone in the caravan.....I made him sleep at one end and I slept at the other....he was a nice enough guy but I certainly didn't want to sleep with him...

(Just noticed that you're from Brum. One of the pubs where we went to see a live band was this huge place on a roundabout off the A45 adjacent to Birmingham airport).
Been gone too long. Can't remember the A45
Old Jan 1st 2008, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Another Andy is just really niceAnother Andy is just really niceAnother Andy is just really niceAnother Andy is just really niceAnother Andy is just really niceAnother Andy is just really niceAnother Andy is just really niceAnother Andy is just really niceAnother Andy is just really nice

I went to a strange pub once in the Brummie area, I think it was in Dudley, all kinds of optical illusions! I felt drunk before I had a beer! Talking of Led Zeppelin (you were at one point!) I helped clean up after their two shows at Knebworth Park in 1979, I'm from Knebworth and all us local kids made good money every year doing that.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:56 am
Just Joined

SuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really nice

I'm American and 42. I have four older brothers and one younger brother. (I'm the only female.) I used to have my room plastered in Zep posters, but shortly before they were due to play in D.C., Bonham died. I used to amaze people at parties who happened to have their albums by listing every song, on every album, in order (seriously). I'm sorry I missed their reunion concert, but somehow I think memories are better than older realities. Nevertheless, I think "Kashmir" is probably the coolest song I ever heard. Any other Zep opinions? ("When the Levee Breaks" would come in second.)
Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:17 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SuzanneMaria
I'm American and 42. I have four older brothers and one younger brother. (I'm the only female.) I used to have my room plastered in Zep posters, but shortly before they were due to play in D.C., Bonham died. I used to amaze people at parties who happened to have their albums by listing every song, on every album, in order (seriously). I'm sorry I missed their reunion concert, but somehow I think memories are better than older realities. Nevertheless, I think "Kashmir" is probably the coolest song I ever heard. Any other Zep opinions? ("When the Levee Breaks" would come in second.)
"Rock n Roll" and "When the Levee Breaks" are my personal favs. But I can't think of one offhand that I dislike.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:08 pm
an mhaith leat cupán tae?

Tea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SuzanneMaria
"Ten Years Gone" my fave xx
Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Another Andy is just really niceAnother Andy is just really niceAnother Andy is just really niceAnother Andy is just really niceAnother Andy is just really niceAnother Andy is just really niceAnother Andy is just really niceAnother Andy is just really niceAnother Andy is just really nice

I'm going to have to go with 'The Rain Song' but it's a bit hard to choose as you then find yourself saying 'ah no, shoulda said that one'!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Where in Hertfordshire, Tea Pot?
Old Jan 6th 2008, 1:32 am
an mhaith leat cupán tae?

Tea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Another Andy
Where in Hertfordshire, Tea Pot?
Near to Hemel Hempstead.....
Old Jan 9th 2008, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

ScottMc has much to be proud ofScottMc has much to be proud ofScottMc has much to be proud ofScottMc has much to be proud ofScottMc has much to be proud ofScottMc has much to be proud ofScottMc has much to be proud ofScottMc has much to be proud ofScottMc has much to be proud ofScottMc has much to be proud ofScottMc has much to be proud of

That pub in Dudley was called the Crooked House, I used to live round the corner!!!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

Led Zep still not confirmed... but the lesbien tribute band Lez Zep is! ha

here is the latest lineup..
Pearl Jam
Metallica
Jack Johnson
Kanye West
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
Phil Lesh & Friends
My Morning Jacket
The Allman Brothers Band
The Raconteurs
Willie Nelson
Death Cab for Cutie
B.B. King
Sigur Ros
Levon Helm and the Ramble on the Road
Ben Folds
O.A.R.
The Bluegrass Allstars Feat. Luke Bulla, Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas, Bela
Fleck, Edgar Meyer and Bryan Sutton
M.I.A.
Umphrey’s McGee
Iron & Wine
Yonder Mountain String Band
Swell Season
Talib Kweli
Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi’s Soul Stew Revival
Gogol Bordello
Broken Social Scene
Robert Randolph’s Revival
Rilo Kiley
Mastodon
Lupe Fiasco
Against Me!
Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings
Pat Green
Ozomatli
Tegan & Sara
Solomon Burke
Drive-By Truckers
!!!
The Avett Brothers
Israel Vibration
Abigail Washburn & the Sparrow Quartet featuring Bela Fleck
Phil Lesh / Larry Campbell / Jackie Greene
Aimee Mann
Ladytron
The Fiery Furnaces
Orchestra Baobab
Ghostland Observatory
Jose Gonzalez
Dark Star Orchestra
Minus the Bear
Donavon Frankenreiter
Lez Zeppelin
State Radio
Battles
Jakob Dylan
Two Gallants
The Sword
Vampire Weekend
Little Feat
Nicole Atkins
The Felice Brothers
Mason Jennings
MGMT
The Lee Boys
Black Kids
Serena Ryder
Steel Train
Grupo Fantasma
Back Door Slam

Bonnaroo Comedy:
David Cross
Janeane Garofalo
Zach Galifianakis
Jim Norton
Brian Posehn
Mike Birbiglia
John Mulaney
Michelle Buteau
Old Feb 7th 2008, 5:22 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by basementwaj
Pearl Jam
Metallica
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
My Morning Jacket
The Raconteurs
Willie Nelson
B.B. King
Sigur Ros
Levon Helm and the Ramble on the Road
M.I.A.
Iron & Wine
Broken Social Scene
Mastodon
Against Me!
Ozomatli
Tegan & Sara
Drive-By Truckers
!!!
The Fiery Furnaces
Minus the Bear
Battles
The Sword
Vampire Weekend
The Felice Brothers
MGMT
I'd like to see these bands. Mastodon at Bonnaroo? WTF? Also, Vampire Weekend's recently released debut is absoutely fantastic. If you like Paul Simon's "Graceland", The Police and afro-pop, it's a must buy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.