British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Lawrence of Arabia formerly Desert Dubliner (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/lawrence-arabia-formerly-desert-dubliner-793617/)

Lawrence of Arabia Apr 7th 2013 9:01 am

Lawrence of Arabia formerly Desert Dubliner

You have only one reasonable solution, which you have dismissed. A baseball cap can be worn pretty much everywhere including indoors.

Lawrence of Arabia Apr 8th 2013 9:00 pm

Re: Private beaches in Jeddah

This sounds like a mutaw'ah trying to get some pointers.

Lawrence of Arabia Apr 8th 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Stinky Singapore

Get caught with your private parts out in KSA and you'll get 20 lashes. That's what they need in Singapore.

Lawrence of Arabia Apr 8th 2013 9:05 pm

Re: Uk Attested Documents

Originally Posted by Ben Cormack (Post 10647286)
....becoming a expect.

Sent from my iPad

Lawrence of Arabia Apr 8th 2013 9:11 pm

Re: British trained midwife

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 10646997)
Nurses that I knew in KSA either adapted and enjoyed it, or hated it from Day One and left ASAP. Only one way to find out ! I do not rmemebr meeting any midwives but there is certaibly a great range of medical personnel from many countries.

Some of the hospitals are VERY modern. I had open-heart surgery there which, to my surrpise, and much to the dismay of my enemies, was a success ! My second daughter was born there - at Ghassan Pharaon in Jeddah.

GNP turned into a nightmare in the mean time. IMC is now hospital of choice for haves.

For nurses probably best to get into King Faisal, and deal with royals only.

Lawrence of Arabia Apr 8th 2013 10:38 pm

:D

No prob. Silver Sands you pay to get in 100SAR on weekend 50SAR during week. Al Bilad beach is similar. Sheraton beach requires membership. Others I don't know. Once in, bikini is the norm. No trouble.

Lawrence of Arabia Apr 9th 2013 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by REUBANZ (Post 10649710)
Thankyou Dragonladyoz. Can I ask you what Doha is like? I have an opportunity to work there also and only today I've heard extremely positive things about it from someone who lived there for a few years

Doha versus Jeddah like Ibiza versus Mordor for a single lady.

Lawrence of Arabia Apr 10th 2013 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by dragonladyoz (Post 10649664)
La Plage is also the same - just down the road from silver sands - bikini no problems on any of the private beaches for westerners once you are inside.

Is La Plage as good as silver sands or....?

Lawrence of Arabia Apr 10th 2013 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by REUBANZ (Post 10650141)
lol!!! Well, depends where I can make the most dollar maybe!

That's an entirely different criterion.

Lawrence of Arabia Apr 10th 2013 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 10651419)
North Jeddah has a large number of clubs and hotels with private beaches. How will you get there ? Women cannot drive !

Compounds have bus services normally to a selected beach. Or else one has to endure an 'affordable' smelly taxi with a local or a Bangladeshi who speak little English and (in case of Bangladeshis) haven't seen a pussy in years.

Lawrence of Arabia Apr 10th 2013 8:46 pm

Re: Selling the motor

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10652223)
What's the point in three rows? (I've used my extra Explorer seats a lot actually....)

Got my first SUV w/o row three thinking it wasn't needed. Bitterly regretted on many occasion.

Lawrence of Arabia Apr 10th 2013 8:48 pm

Re: Selling the motor

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 10651495)
What's wrong with you, it is time for the mid life crisis-mobile.

A nice yellow muscle car or should funds permit something Italian and ridiculously impractical.

Do it :nod:

A bumblebee would be in order.

Lawrence of Arabia Apr 10th 2013 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 10652331)
You can use a "limousine", which is a classier taxi.

Also not seen pussy in a decade and hence a threat. I only trust compound bus and limos for my wife. Some ladies use selected and tried / trusted 'private' drivers but for me they are like Doga dogs with a bone growing into their brain and you never know when they will flip.

Lawrence of Arabia Apr 10th 2013 9:46 pm

Re: Charging passengers by weight

Was about time they stopped focusing on whether I have 20kg or 21.5kg when the guy sitting next to me is out of range of a domestic scale.

Lawrence of Arabia Apr 10th 2013 9:58 pm

Not any more, lot's more tougher now to bring family.