Reload this Page >

Latest deals on calling cards?

Latest deals on calling cards?

Old Jan 11th 2004, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

21stcenturylove is on a distinguished road
Default Latest deals on calling cards?

Hello everybody,

What are the latest cheap deals to call UK from USA. I am using Eurocalling cards http://www.eurocallingcards.com particularly EUROCALL cards to call USA from UK but I am looking for some suggestions for cards to call UK from USA, for my fiancee.

Also we can use this thread to discuss about calling other countries as well. Please share your experiences.

Many thanks
Old Jan 11th 2004, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Latest deals on calling cards?

Originally posted by 21stcenturylove
Hello everybody,

What are the latest cheap deals to call UK from USA. I am using Eurocalling cards http://www.eurocallingcards.com particularly EUROCALL cards to call USA from UK but I am looking for some suggestions for cards to call UK from USA, for my fiancee.

Also we can use this thread to discuss about calling other countries as well. Please share your experiences.

Many thanks
I know of a deal.......i think its 39c for the call then something like 3c per minute. It could be a bit more but i cant remember.

You dial: 10 10 987 then the number.

They have been advertising it on american tv. Not sure if this is US wide tho lol But we use it in Boston.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

If you both have computers you can talk in yahoo or similar places for free. Not including your monthly internet acess charges.

Hello everybody,

Many thanks
Old Jan 11th 2004, 12:36 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whistlestop01
I know of a deal.......i think its 39c for the call then something like 3c per minute. It could be a bit more but i cant remember.

You dial: 10 10 987 then the number.

They have been advertising it on american tv. Not sure if this is US wide tho lol But we use it in Boston.

Pennytalk is what I've used for over the last 2 years-49 cents for the call and then 2 cents a minute to the UK.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 12:54 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

My better half uses www.pinzoo.com for calls from the USA to the UK. I think it costs about 3cents a minute with no connection fee.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Darkie is an unknown quantity at this point

If your fiancee knows how to use computers, look into skype (http://www.skype.com), its a voice over IP program that allows you to have conversations over broadband with better quality than a telephone line.

It costs nothing and is easy to use, the onlything both of you need is a computer, headphones with a mic and a broadband connection ( i have easynet, she has verizon online ).

To call my parents and such when i am in the US i use 10 10 987 as brought up earlier, 39c connect, 3c a minute.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 3:34 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cindyabs
Pennytalk is what I've used for over the last 2 years-49 cents for the call and then 2 cents a minute to the UK.

Bottom line, figure how long your average calls would be to UK, then go from there as to whether a 39 cent connection charge and then 3 cents a minute is cheaper than the 49 cent charge and then 2 cents a minute or vice versa.

I also use Pennytalk for lengthy long distance calls in the US, same fee for call and then a penny a minute.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Minty will become famous soon enoughMinty will become famous soon enough

Hello everybody,

Many thanks

I use Alpha Telecom to call the US (3pm a min) and my fiancee uses PennyTalk - not sure of the cost. Seems to work OK.

Minty
Old Jan 11th 2004, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

WiAnSiempre is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everybody,

Many thanks

Don't know about the UK, but I use www.callingcards.com. They have always provided the cheapest to call Peru from the US (currently the Fiesta card at 7 cents/min with a 99cent one-time fee).

We can't use the internet because my fiance does not have easy access to a computer. He has to go to internet cafe and then sometimes the connections are slow where he is.

Angela
Old Jan 11th 2004, 4:51 pm
Eric S.

I use a card called Uni Phone Bank. It's about 2 1/2 cents per minute from
Mass. to Spain with no connection charge. I've also used it to call France.
I assume it would be a pretty good deal to the UK as well.

I buy it from a kiosk in the subway. But it looks like you can also buy it
on-line. I did an Internet search and found it here:
http://belltelecomusa.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=105. Seems
like they sell a bunch of different cards.

I've never had any problems with it.

- Eric S.

"21stcenturylove" <member10076@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hello everybody,
    > What are the latest cheap deals to call UK from USA. I am using
    > Eurocalling cards http://www.eurocallingcards.com
    > particularly EUROCALL cards to call USA from UK but I am looking for
    > some suggestions for cards to call UK from USA, for my fiancee.
    > Also we can use this thread to discuss about calling other countries as
    > well. Please share your experiences.
    > Many thanks

Old Jan 11th 2004, 5:27 pm
Tanaats

In article <[email protected]>, member10076
@british_expats.com says...
    >
    > Hello everybody,
    >
    >
    >
    > What are the latest cheap deals to call UK from USA. I am using
    > Eurocalling cards http://www.eurocallingcards.com
    > particularly EUROCALL cards to call USA from UK but I am looking for
    > some suggestions for cards to call UK from USA, for my fiancee.
    >
    >
    >
    > Also we can use this thread to discuss about calling other countries as
    > well. Please share your experiences.
    >
    >
    >
    > Many thanks

http://www.onesuite.com/rates.asp#U

2.5 cents per minute to a UK non-mobile number if you use a local
Onesuite access number. 3.9 cents a minute if you use their 800 access
number, but no need to do that usually as they have lots of local access
numbers. No other charges whatsoever.

You prepay with a credit card. Sometimes prepay plans can rip you off,
but Onesuite never has in over a year of heavy usage.

The cheapest thing I was able to find to Australia, too, which helped
keep me sane for quite awhile.

Joe

Old Jan 11th 2004, 6:09 pm
Mrraveltay

cindyabs wrote:

> Originally posted by cindyabs
    >
    >
    >>Pennytalk is what I've used for over the last 2 years-49 cents for the
    >>call and then 2 cents a minute to the UK.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Bottom line, figure how long your average calls would be to UK, then go
    > from there as to whether a 39 cent connection charge and then 3 cents a
    > minute is cheaper than the 49 cent charge and then 2 cents a minute or
    > vice versa.

For the math challenged, this means that if you talk more than 10
minutes, the second option would be cheaper

Old Jan 11th 2004, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

CaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really nice

Hello everybody,

Many thanks
I've had good luck with two providers:

http://1st-usa.com/calling/cards/

http://www.nobelcom.com/nobelcom/jsp/productselection/

Each time I need new cards I take a look around, because the deals vary.

My big problem has been trying to find a cheap rate for calling UK mobiles. My honey - CaliforniaBride - has been doing her Sarah Bernhardt farewell tour of the UK (first Worcestershire, then Brum, then Manchester). I can't keep up with her.

Ah well, when she gets back here, I'm going to chain her to the bed. <Just kidding, honey.>
Old Jan 11th 2004, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

curlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nice

I have been using planet talk for years - well when I was in the UK and my fiance was here - but now my parents use nothing else. It's like 3p a min. I think, but the connection is always great, and they hook it right up to your main phone line.

check it out online....
I think its www.planettalk.com

BTW - I also use nobelcom for my US calling cards - but I have better luck with their slightly more expensive ones - the nones with no monthly fee and no connection fee.

Hello everybody,

Many thanks