Wikiposts

Kids soccer rant

Old Jul 29th 2017, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids soccer rant

I stopped going to my step daughters football training / games. I'll be honest, I couldn't handle it. Coaches that know little about the game teaching my step daughter stuff that has little relevance about the game.
Old Jul 30th 2017, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

OldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
That hasn't been my experience - I've found it to be incredibly competitive from a very early age. My kids wanted to play soccer, but there are no non-competitive clubs around. They're not particularly skillful so they're not able to play at all.
Around here there is indoor soccer where anyone can join a house team, no training, just play a game a week. Many kids start even before they get out of nappies (too young in my mind, but as long as it is fun)

For outside there is rec which again is easy to get into and it is not serious.

For Select and Premier levels it is harder to get into at the U10 level as so many people want to have fun (or more). The quality of the coaches even at Premier level is very varied and frankly some of them should not be allowed to coach kids as they are either not interested or take it way to seriously and take it out on the kids.

I've been lucky and both kids like their coaches.

Ian
Old Jul 30th 2017, 12:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
We always kept score...
When I was 3 the losers did 100 pushups
Old Jul 31st 2017, 1:44 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
That hasn't been my experience - I've found it to be incredibly competitive from a very early age. My kids wanted to play soccer, but there are no non-competitive clubs around. They're not particularly skillful so they're not able to play at all.
AYSO is non-competitive and the official rule is that every kid must be given a chance to play during each match regardless of ability. Not sure if there is a regional league operating near you though.

That isn't to say that the players don't get competitive themselves but essentially the results don't mean anything, there's no league table. Though there are end-of-season tournaments on top of the normal season's play.