Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Kentucky/WestVirginia/Ohio Border?

Kentucky/WestVirginia/Ohio Border?

Old Mar 11th 2009, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

Jules bell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Kentucky/WestVirginia/Ohio Border?

Originally Posted by The_English_Bride
I'm in Huntington, West Virginia not far from the Kentucky and Ohio borders. Is there anyone nearby? The closest town in Ohio is Ironton and the closest town in Kentucky is Ashland.
Hey I live just outside Parkersburg, I came here from North london 11 years ago . It will be nice to hear from you
Old Aug 19th 2009, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

thatyellowgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I just wanted to say hello. I'm a USC married to a wonderful British man, living in the middle of WV not too terribly far from Charleston. Just thought I'd say hello... you're not alone here.

anyway, I've been a lurker on this forum from time to time for a long time, but this is the first time, really that I've posted... so....... hullo!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jules bell
Hey I live just outside Parkersburg, I came here from North london 11 years ago . It will be nice to hear from you
I have a friend from parkersburg! He goes to school here in Huntington, though. I've never been there myself - how do you like it there? Good to know you are in state!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all

Originally Posted by thatyellowgirl
Hi, I just wanted to say hello. I'm a USC married to a wonderful British man, living in the middle of WV not too terribly far from Charleston. Just thought I'd say hello... you're not alone here.

anyway, I've been a lurker on this forum from time to time for a long time, but this is the first time, really that I've posted... so....... hullo!
Hi! My in-laws live in Charleston, so we go there fairly often. I used to go there to shop on weekends too, but haven't been for a while. I like to go to Taylors book shop. How long has your husband lived with you in WV? Glad you decided to become a part of BE!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

thatyellowgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The_English_Bride
Hi! My in-laws live in Charleston, so we go there fairly often. I used to go there to shop on weekends too, but haven't been for a while. I like to go to Taylors book shop. How long has your husband lived with you in WV? Glad you decided to become a part of BE!
Hi! Yes, I like Taylor's too. And did you know the proprietors there (at least the wife, Ann, I believe her name is...) are British?

Hubby has been in WV since 2003 and the culture shock is still happening. Not to mention the near complete inability to find any semblance of British food locally... (Ashton Place Krogers' in Charleston carries a few things.)

I did not grow up in WV but my family is from here. If it werent' for the beauty of the land here I don't think we would stay. (there are good people here too of course...) but culture? not so much. What part of the UK are you from? !~Deborah
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thatyellowgirl
Hi! Yes, I like Taylor's too. And did you know the proprietors there (at least the wife, Ann, I believe her name is...) are British?

Hubby has been in WV since 2003 and the culture shock is still happening. Not to mention the near complete inability to find any semblance of British food locally... (Ashton Place Krogers' in Charleston carries a few things.)

I did not grow up in WV but my family is from here. If it werent' for the beauty of the land here I don't think we would stay. (there are good people here too of course...) but culture? not so much. What part of the UK are you from? !~Deborah
Yeah, I read somewhere about the owners - made me happy to know that. I understand the whole culture shock thing. I feel homesick a lot, and I've resorted to ordering British food online. It's quite exciting when it arrives in a big box! (You should order his favourite stuff and surprise him with it!)

I'm in WV because I met my husband here and we're still tied up here for now, but would love to move. We're not really in a scenic area, but we love the northern part of the state. I'm orginially from south London in Essex.