Kansas Grandmother Deported for Voter Fraud Leaves U.S. in Tears

Wikiposts

Kansas Grandmother Deported for Voter Fraud Leaves U.S. in Tears

Old Aug 7th 2017, 5:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kansas Grandmother Deported for Voter Fraud Leaves U.S. in Tears

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kansas-gr...154115052.html

Margarita Fitzpatrick, who left her family in Kansas and returned to her native Peru, says that she registered to vote by accident because of what she says is a flaw in the law.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 6:13 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kansas Grandmother Deported for Voter Fraud Leaves U.S. in Tears

Sheila and I watched this on the news over the weekend. Very sad... although I agree that, ultimately, it was her own fault.

Ian
Old Aug 7th 2017, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Did she do the right thing admitting to voting to the immigration officer? Another case of being honest does not necessarily pay?
Old Aug 7th 2017, 8:29 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It is a sad case but as noted, ultimately she did this to herself.

The form asks if you are a US Citizen and she marked yes. She doesn't appear to be a stupid woman and she knows that her status in the US is that of legal permanent resident.

So how is the law at fault? A person getting a US driver's license should not be asked if they want to register to vote because someone who has not learned the law of the land they are living in might inadvertently mark yes?

How is the law at fault for deporting her for declaring herself eligible for a privilege that she is not entitled to claim? Again, she knew her status and get she claimed to be a US Citizen and voted in a federal election.

I can see where some LPR's might get confused if they are permitted to vote in local elections, then it would be easier for them to assume they can vote in federal elections. Perhaps they should not be allowed any voting ability until or unless they become US Citizens. I understand that they live here legally, pay taxes and should be accorded the right to have a say in how their local government works because it directly affects them.

If we give LPR's all the same privileges that are accorded a US Citizen, then where is the reason for having US Citizenship? What is the advantage? A US Passport? That's the only other thing that a LPR cannot get that a US Citizen can obtain.

Perhaps there can be a stiff penalty attached to declaring oneself a USC when you are not. Strip them of the benefit they received by virtue of that declaration and for people, a very large monetary find, i.e. $10,000 for the offense might be in order.

Definitely voter registration needs to be become more stringent on who is allowed to register and when they go to the polling place to cast their vote. When I registered to vote for the first time, I was 18 years old. I needed to bring my original birth certificate. By original, it had to show the filing marks or it would not be accepted. My bc comes from the State Department and states that while I was born abroad, I am a US Citizen. I have used that bc to obtain my passport 3 decades later when I applied for my first passport. When I registered down here in Mississippi last year when I moved, I brought my bc and my passport with me to prove my citizenship.

Perhaps this case might be the catalyst that institutes changes to the system.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

This also highlights the issues faced by non USCs by the opt out system. Oregon has just moved from the opt in to the opt out model. Should voter registration be combined with driver license registration?
Old Aug 7th 2017, 8:48 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
This also highlights the issues faced by non USCs by the opt out system. Oregon has just moved from the opt in to the opt out model. Should voter registration be combined with driver license registration?
In New York there were many who thought that the candidates targeted the high Hispanic population in the city and boroughs and urged them to come out and vote and to use the online registration to add your name to the voter register.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 8:52 am
Concierge

Here is the voter registration form for NY visa the DMV

Register to vote at your current location or change your party designation.

ID Number from your NYS Driver License, Permit or Non-Driver ID:
Help icon that opens a new browser window to the ID help page

Document Number from your NYS Driver License, Permit or Non-Driver ID:
Help icon that opens a new browser window to the ID help page

Date of Birth: (mm/dd/yyyy):

Current ZIP Code:
Help icon that opens a new browser window to the transaction help page section for zip code

Last 4 digits of Social Security Number (SSN):
Help icon that opens a new browser window to the transaction help page section for SSN

Email Address:
Help icon that opens a new browser window to the transaction help page section for email

Confirm Email:
Help icon that opens a new browser window to the transaction help page section for email

I AGREE, and it is my intent, to sign this document and affirmation by clicking the box marked "I AGREE", and by electronically submitting this document to the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles. I understand that my signing and submitting this registration document in this fashion is the legal equivalent of having placed my handwritten signature on the submitted document and this affirmation. I understand and agree that by electronically signing and submitting this document in this fashion I am attesting to the truth of the information contained herein.

I Agree.

What happens to my voter registration application?

The electronic voter registration application is transferred from DMV to your County or City Board of Elections for review. Once processed, your County or City will notify you either that you are registered to vote or additional information is needed to complete your application. (Please allow up to six weeks to hear from the Board of Elections in your County or City. If after 6 weeks you have not heard from them, contact them at the phone number or address provided on the New York State Board of Elections website.)

The DMV does not approve or deny voter registration applications. We only send the application to the County or City Board of Elections for their review.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You would think in the electronic age it would be easy to verify is a person is eligible to vote or not.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 9:45 am
Account Closed

You would think in the electronic age it would be easy to verify is a person is eligible to vote or not.
Would that not be Racist?
Old Aug 7th 2017, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Boiler
Would that not be Racist?
You mean like E-Verify?
Old Aug 7th 2017, 10:20 am
Account Closed

You mean like E-Verify?
Some people may think so, I can not possibly comment.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 10:48 am
Concierge

How in could that considered racist?
Old Aug 7th 2017, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

IIRC when I changed my DL address online with the DMV it asked me to register to vote and the default answer was yes.

I don't think DMV should have anything to do with voter registration.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

With that said, I agree with her deportation.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 11:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rete
How in could that considered racist?
Civil rights groups claim Trump voter fraud commission is racist - NY Daily News

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...racism/493937/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.