Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

!K-1 Changes at London Embassy: Read Me!

!K-1 Changes at London Embassy: Read Me!

Old Sep 29th 2010, 7:47 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default !K-1 Changes at London Embassy: Read Me!

Haven't seen this mentioned on here but it seems that people going to London have started to receive the following in an e-mail

There has been a change in procedure for paying fees. All fiancé(e) and K3/4 visa applicants must each pay a fee of $350 prior to their interview. Please contact the Operator Assisted Information Service on 09042 450100 (calls cost £1.20/min). Payment is by credit or debit card - Visa, MasterCard or American Express; we do not accept Visa Electron or Maestro cards.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 8:05 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change at London Embassy

d'oh! Because it's easier to email every applicant than it is to change the web text?
http://london.usembassy.gov/immigran...s/iv_fees.html

Thanks for the heads-up, lansbury. This is the sort of info that makes discussion groups so good n' good for ya.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

You had to pay that on the day of interview anyway correct? just now they want it before you attend?
Old Sep 29th 2010, 8:21 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wolfy
You had to pay that on the day of interview anyway correct? just now they want it before you attend?
Seems that is the way now, pay before you go at £1.20 a minute for the phone call.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Seems that is the way now, pay before you go at £1.20 a minute for the phone call.
hmmm which may take half hour to get through....give it you with one hand and take it with another...whatever next....increase on medical next im guessing!
Old Sep 30th 2010, 6:57 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wolfy
hmmm which may take half hour to get through....give it you with one hand and take it with another...whatever next....increase on medical next im guessing!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...57&postcount=3
Old Oct 1st 2010, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Fingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really nice

It says on the website that instructions for paying the fee will be included on the appointment letter. I have just received my appointment letter (dated 27th Sept) with no such information. Looks like this has only changed between the 27th and the date of the OP.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

my bad sorry!
Old Oct 1st 2010, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Fingers crossed
It says on the website that instructions for paying the fee will be included on the appointment letter. I have just received my appointment letter (dated 27th Sept) with no such information. Looks like this has only changed between the 27th and the date of the OP.
Stay flexible.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Change at London Embassy

hello all
I am waiting for my interview date and decided to book my medical. (I have a case number)

I just want peops to know that the lovely helpful girls at the knightsbridge docs told me the rules have just changed.

One now needs to have the medical completed BEFORE the embassy will schedule an interview. (apparently they used to schedule interviews without the medical being completed but obviously you needed to get it done before the interview but now no medical, no interview date -I have been waiting for my interview date to then book the medical so pleased I called them¬)

I have vaccinations booked with my own docs 27 Oct but the girls just told me to fax in the confirmation I have had them done and they will send the whole of the medical info stuff of the to the embassy and I should get a date!

hope this helps!
Old Oct 4th 2010, 4:15 pm

Default Re: Medical info update

You're applying for a K-1, yes?

What were your instructions from the Embassy about this? Did the cover letter change, I wonder?

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

NOTE: This post, and the one above, were copied from this thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688086

Last edited by meauxna; Oct 4th 2010 at 4:20 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

V_and_J is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: !K-1 Changes at London Embassy: Read Me!

It is an easy service, and once you have selected your option they do answer pretty much immediately - I had a very nice, easily understandable operator who asked for case number, passport number, my name, DOB, home address, contact telephone number, email address and payment details.

However, I ended up on the phone for a good 11-12 minutes, so its not a cheap call either.

Additionally, you have to download and print the payment receipt they email you or I rather think they do not admit you for your interview.

Nice how they assume everyone owns a printer... now I have to go find an internet cafe to print the blasted thing and my interview is tomorrow at 9am.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 10:37 pm

To clarify this is now on the London Embassy web site

Visa Fees:

Immediate relative visa applicants whose case is being processed by the Immigrant Visa Unit at this Embassy will be required to pay the fees to the Embassy cashier on the day of the interview.

K visa applicants are required to pay the fee to the Operator Assisted Information Unit and bring the MRV fee receipt with them to the interview.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by CAdreaming

One now needs to have the medical completed BEFORE the embassy will schedule an interview.
To add to that the Embassy also has to have received the results of the medical from the doctor before they will schedule the interview
Old Oct 6th 2010, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond repute

This thing about paying in advance is really concerning me now.... i read this here on the board, i got my interview letter with date back in August, and i think this has since come into effect: they havent contacted me to inform me, but having read it here, i actually have tried calling and calling the O-A Line, but i get through to "weareextremely busy, please try again later" then get cut off, so i can't even pay in advance even though i want to! i dont have the time or money to sit there trying again and again!!
Do you think they're still takikng payment at the Embassy for those cases where dates and letters were already issued?

pleasesayyespleasesayyes!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.