Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Justin Bieber commits CIMT?

Justin Bieber commits CIMT?

Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Justin Bieber commits CIMT?

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
I thought holding a US visa granted you the right to appear before a Judge to appeal your refusal of entry?
No. Only LPRs and those with a credible fear asylum claim.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

BellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond reputeBellaE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Deport the Biebs?

Just saw this article on Justin Bieber, who seems to have taken the next step in showing what a bad boy he really is. Surprised he wasn't also charged with underage drinking.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/01...izen?hpt=hp_t1

My mother always impressed on us the importance of staying out of trouble when we were growing up -- being here on green cards, we believed that a single toke would result in a one-way trip back to old Blighty, and so I never inhaled.

Perhaps if we had been pop stars we would have had more fun?
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:08 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
Well (a) he wouldn't have a visa, he's Canadian, he would only have an I-94 and I-797 confirming his status and (b) the rule you're talking about applies to LPRs.

He could apply on an I-192 at the POE and get a waiver from the CBP ARO and if that's denied you can then appeal to the BIA.
I'm confused. I'm not disputing your accuracy, just wanted to better understand it.

How has Bieber secured an O-1 'visa' (as widely reported) if Canadian's aren't issued US visa's? Would his lawyers have petitioned for his O-1 and then he goes to the border for the stamp based on the approved petition?
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

Well (a) he wouldn't have a visa, he's Canadian, he would only have an I-94 and I-797 confirming his status and (b) the rule you're talking about applies to LPRs.

He could apply on an I-192 at the POE and get a waiver from the CBP ARO and if that's denied you can then appeal to the BIA.
True about him not needing a visa, just proof of a petition approval (I-797). Even if the I-192 is eventually approved, that does not remove CBPs discretionary power to deny the entry to any nonimmigrant they deem fit.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:14 pm
Northern Monkey!

jibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Deport the Biebs?

Originally Posted by BellaE
Just saw this article on Justin Bieber, who seems to have taken the next step in showing what a bad boy he really is. Surprised he wasn't also charged with underage drinking.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/01...izen?hpt=hp_t1

My mother always impressed on us the importance of staying out of trouble when we were growing up -- being here on green cards, we believed that a single toke would result in a one-way trip back to old Blighty, and so I never inhaled.

Perhaps if we had been pop stars we would have had more fun?
If the thread title was "Shoot the Biebs" I would have been first in line!! can't stand his cocky behind!
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:17 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jxv73
True about him not needing a visa, just proof of a petition approval (I-797). Even if the I-192 is eventually approved, that does not remove CBPs discretionary power to deny the entry to any nonimmigrant they deem fit.
That would only ever be done - in Bieber's case - with political cover though, surely?
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:17 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
How has Bieber secured an O-1 'visa' (as widely reported) if Canadian's aren't issued US visa's? Would his lawyers have petitioned for his O-1 and then he goes to the border for the stamp based on the approved petition?
That's not a visa. A visa is a counterfoil stuck into your passport by the State Dept.

Canadians just show the approved USCIS paperwork to CBP and they check the same systems the State Dept. do essentially before allowing entry. So he would have gotten an I-797 after the I-129 was approved and then they would have stamped his passport as O-1 and given him an I-94 with O-1 on it.

But the grounds for denial of entry are the same with or without a visa.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Sooo, his best bet is to marry Miley Cyrus and get his citizenship in a few years?
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems most people on here are against guns, unless you meant an air rifle, maybe.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:19 pm
Northern Monkey!

jibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Seems most people on here are against guns, unless you meant an air rifle, maybe.
Not at all, i am not most people!
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:21 pm
Account Closed

Any preference for weaponry, he is a bit of a runt so you would not need anything too heavy.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:22 pm
Northern Monkey!

Originally Posted by Boiler
Any preference for weaponry, he is a bit of a runt so you would not need anything too heavy.
my little varmint .22 rifle would be more than adequate, saying that, its been a while since i have let my pump loose, that could be fun too!
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:23 pm
Banned

That's not a visa. A visa is a counterfoil stuck into your passport by the State Dept.

Canadians just show the approved USCIS paperwork to CBP and they check the same systems the State Dept. do essentially before allowing entry. So he would have gotten an I-797 after the I-129 was approved and then they would have stamped his passport as O-1 and given him an I-94 with O-1 on it.

But the grounds for denial of entry are the same with or without a visa.
Thanks, Steve. Appreciate the clarification.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:25 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Sooo, his best bet is to marry Miley Cyrus and get his citizenship in a few years?
Seems to me he's being terribly advised. Surely he would have been aware he's a GUEST in the United States, and that he is subject to immigration control if he breaks the laws of the land.

Not petitioning for him to become a LPR has to be for tax reasons, as previously stated then? As I don't see any other immediate reason why he wouldn't wish to become a LPR given the greater immigration protections it would afford him if he wishes to involve himself in the kind of behavior he currently is doing.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

10/22

CZ

Marlin

Maybe an Anschutz!

Having said that I have not seen 22LR for a long time for sale, I did see a few boxes of .17WSM, but that might be more than is needed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.