Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Just want to share our good news!!

Just want to share our good news!!

Old Jun 25th 2007, 7:12 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just want to share our good news!!

Well during my low points last year in Australia, all I wanted to do was to come home and buy my youngest daughter her first car and teach her to drive (for those who don't know we had to endure 12 months being seperated from her because she hated Oz and returned to UK after just six weeks - older daughter was at uni so we had to stay - heartbreak year).

We arrived back in the UK to be re-united with her just three days before her 18th birthday, bought her a little car and today SHE PASSED HER TEST!!

It's like a huge milestone for me as it's like I'm just truly home and soooo happy

Sorry but just wanted to share it with everyone
Old Jun 25th 2007, 7:25 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just want to share our good news!!

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Well during my low points last year in Australia, all I wanted to do was to come home and buy my youngest daughter her first car and teach her to drive (for those who don't know we had to endure 12 months being seperated from her because she hated Oz and returned to UK after just six weeks - older daughter was at uni so we had to stay - heartbreak year).

We arrived back in the UK to be re-united with her just three days before her 18th birthday, bought her a little car and today SHE PASSED HER TEST!!

It's like a huge milestone for me as it's like I'm just truly home and soooo happy

Yay!!! What a lovely post. Thanks for sharing, and you must be so proud and happy!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh it must feel great being able to wrap your arms around her..

Plus now she can drive you to the pub
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:39 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Lovly news.Happy Birthday, congratulations.You have got to be over the moon.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news! You have every reason to be happy - your family is all together, back where you all belong. Tell her huge congratulations from us too!

Really pleased for you x
Old Jun 25th 2007, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

m100 has a spectacular aura aboutm100 has a spectacular aura aboutm100 has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations!!

My two teenagers have started learning to drive since we have been home, totally know where you are coming from, god its great to be home xx
Old Jun 25th 2007, 11:43 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done to you both; her for passing and you for your patience in teaching her!!
Old Jun 26th 2007, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Big congrats to both of you.
xxx
Old Jun 26th 2007, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely post LouiseD, congratulations, what great news!

XXX
Old Jun 26th 2007, 3:28 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

oh brilliant news, full circle now then hey?

give our congrats and best wishes for those first few independent drives!!! i was scarey.................
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Thats great news!!! We promised our daughter a car when we got here, but unfortunately the cars are sooo expensive second hand. My eldest has got her 2nd faze next week, so Im hoping she passes, I feel like being a bit naughty and blackmailing her telling her if she comes back to UK I will deffo buy her a car.

Well done to you both!!! at least you dont have to go out at 1am in the morning now and pick her up
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant news. Best thing to do ever is passing your car test.

I remember when I passed mine first time and my brother took 2 times to pass his.....I was so smug!

Really pleased thing are falling in to place for you, and long may your happiness continue!

LibbyX
Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:24 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

It's moments like that that make it all worthwhile. Hope there's many more happy moments.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jun 26th 2007, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Thats really an aaaaaaaaah thread!
How lovely!
Congrats to your daughter
C x
Old Jun 26th 2007, 8:52 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the lovely comments - yes it's little things that this that make it all worthwhile. When I think back to those long lonely sad weepy days they seem a million miles away now, so take heart anyone who feels like that now - there is light at the end of that dark tunnel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.