Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Jubilee street party anyone?!

Jubilee street party anyone?!

Old Mar 9th 2012, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jubilee street party anyone?!

Am I the only mad Brit who is organising one?!

The planning starts here

http://www.streetparty.org.uk/queens...t-parties.aspx

(not sure where we'll have it yet .. street, pub or park)
Old Mar 9th 2012, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jubilee street party anyone?!

Not planning on trying round my way - the DPW were out this morning putting Irish tricolours on the lamposts ready for St Paddy's Day. Reminded me of when I took a bus through Portadown...
Old Mar 9th 2012, 2:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandana
Probably.
Old Mar 9th 2012, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

bobbedford is an unknown quantity at this point

Will you not get shot?
Old Mar 9th 2012, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbedford
Will you not get shot?
ROFL .. of course not!
Old Mar 9th 2012, 4:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think anyone around here cares.

Where we used to live, there were at least 5 Brits living on the next street over, but even then, don't think anyone would bother
Old Mar 10th 2012, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of

The planning starts here

http://www.streetparty.org.uk/queens...t-parties.aspx

(not sure where we'll have it yet .. street, pub or park)
Nope! We are having one with all of my neighbours, although we aren't having it in the street we are having it at one of the neighbours house by the pool. They love the royal family here and tbh any excuse for a party My sister is coming over to visit in 3 weeks and she is bringing lots of union jack decorations
Old Mar 10th 2012, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wibblypig
Nope! We are having one with all of my neighbours, although we aren't having it in the street we are having it at one of the neighbours house by the pool. They love the royal family here and tbh any excuse for a party My sister is coming over to visit in 3 weeks and she is bringing lots of union jack decorations
Fab! I'm glad you're celebrating too!

The 20 or so people I've invited are already in full steam-ahead planning mode! They're mentioning tombolas, Morris dancers, maypoles, Union flag shorts on the men, extravagant hats for the women ... to name but a few!

Plus another group of Expats are possibly joining us to make it a mega thing, so that rules out our house and pool. We could cope with 20 friends, but not 50 or so including people with children we don't know

It's going to be fun though, especially as a few of us will be in the UK before June, so supplies will be a-comin'
Old Mar 10th 2012, 10:00 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like it's going to be a great party.
You might want to move it to the park, book yourself a spot with lots of picnic tables.
Old Mar 10th 2012, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Fab! I'm glad you're celebrating too!

The 20 or so people I've invited are already in full steam-ahead planning mode! They're mentioning tombolas, Morris dancers, maypoles, Union flag shorts on the men, extravagant hats for the women ... to name but a few!

Plus another group of Expats are possibly joining us to make it a mega thing, so that rules out our house and pool. We could cope with 20 friends, but not 50 or so including people with children we don't know

It's going to be fun though, especially as a few of us will be in the UK before June, so supplies will be a-comin'
I'm gunna gate-crash, me and my posse on our mean machines
Old Mar 11th 2012, 1:20 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Oh great heavens! a bunch of bellicose, beery Brits, crying into their copiously coloured, celluloid cups while they murder God save our old tom cat the Queen.

A celebration of class division.
Old Mar 11th 2012, 1:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
Oh great heavens! a bunch of bellicose, beery Brits, crying into their copiously coloured, celluloid cups while they murder God save our old tom cat the Queen.

A celebration of class division.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

I'll say very politely that I won't be having a street party for this event.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
I'm gunna gate-crash, me and my posse on our mean machines
Old Mar 12th 2012, 6:44 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimberHut
I'll say very politely that I won't be having a street party for this event.
Me neither.

Matriarch of a bunch of buck-toothed, brainless, plum-in-the-mouth, condescending, in-breds.

(That was the polite version.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.