JFK to MAN, direct?

Old Jul 20th 2021, 5:37 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JFK to MAN, direct?

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
I agree -- the options that keep coming up include going via de Gaulle and Schiphol -- and there's even JFK to LHR to CDG to MAN! What the ????? That makes Dublin seem very reasonable.

At least pre-covid, I've found the Dublin change very easy. Only a short walk, plus you can get breakfast with black pudding at the airport. Coming back this way is more of a pain because of US immigration/customs, but then you don't have to deal with that when you land at JFK, you just leave. And Dublin is in the common travel area, so less likely to become problematic with rule changes unlike a continental European country.
Old Jul 22nd 2021, 6:19 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I agree -- the options that keep coming up include going via de Gaulle and Schiphol -- and there's even JFK to LHR to CDG to MAN! What the ????? That makes Dublin seem very reasonable.
The change in Amsterdam is one of the easier ones. We have flown PDX-AMS-MAN for years. In normal times there is a KLM flight to MAN just about every 2 hours so if for any reason the inbound is delayed you are not stuck for many hours.
Old Jul 22nd 2021, 6:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
The change in Amsterdam is one of the easier ones. We have flown PDX-AMS-MAN for years. In normal times there is a KLM flight to MAN just about every 2 hours so if for any reason the inbound is delayed you are not stuck for many hours.
That brings back memories for me. During the first 18 mths of our marriage, I flew MAN-AMS on KLM almost every Friday afternoon and back early Monday. Off topic…sorry Nutmegger.
Old Jul 22nd 2021, 7:31 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That brings back memories for me. During the first 18 mths of our marriage, I flew MAN-AMS on KLM almost every Friday afternoon and back early Monday. Off topic…sorry Nutmegger.
I did the Sunday red eye EWR-LHR and then Friday return I kept flexible based on when I was done for the day to get back for dinner or drinks in the city after a LHR-EWR. Likely all lower frequency now with CV19, but I took UA back then because they had good frequency and allows same day changes for free for 1K. I just worked back 2h from wheels up and the tube from Mansion house was 1h and I could get through security and to the gate in 30 mins or less… unless it was the last departure of the day I never worried about missing the one I went for because there was another one a couple of hours later. Back on topic… I have always found the US airlines to be much better for changing tickets free / cheap and when I was on VW or my L1 there were more Americans on the flight and hence shorter lines for non-USC.
Old Jul 23rd 2021, 5:39 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

I recall someone posting that there is a direct flight service from JFK to Manchester, but I have been unable to find the thread or to come up with anything via Google. (Virgin says they have such a service, but when I try to check the route, all that they give me is connecting flights via various airlines and various parts of Europe!) Can anyone advise whether I am dreaming or if such a direct service exists? Thank you!
Does it have to be JFK? You're right though, Virgin always flew out of JFK to MAN. But though I haven't been home for 5 years there were always more flights out of LGA (LaGuardia) to MAN than JFK, and LGA is basically just the opposite end of Queens from JFK. (Not far at all)
Old Jul 23rd 2021, 10:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Does it have to be JFK? You're right though, Virgin always flew out of JFK to MAN. But though I haven't been home for 5 years there were always more flights out of LGA (LaGuardia) to MAN than JFK, and LGA is basically just the opposite end of Queens from JFK. (Not far at all)
Hello stranger!!
Old Jul 23rd 2021, 2:32 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Afraid that LGA is the same deal -- nothing direct.
Old Jul 23rd 2021, 2:47 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh. Another old timer back.

Things are looking up.
Old Jul 24th 2021, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

hannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond reputehannahjane86 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi- im monitoring flights quite closely at the moment but for flights the other way. Both BA and Virgin had started advertising flights from the end of August from Man- JFK direct ( this was 2 or so weeks ago) when I checked again to book 48 hours ago, they were unavailable and the only direct flights for August were from Heathrow. ( reading between the lines I think they were gearing up for a travel corridor to open up but it’s to no avail). You can book man- jfk direct for later months in the year- whether they run or not is a different matter……

Also the Man-Heathrow shuttle that BA run, has recently started up again but it’s currently only once a day.

Hope that helps- good luck with your trip.
Old Jul 25th 2021, 3:21 am
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hannahjane86
Hi- im monitoring flights quite closely at the moment but for flights the other way. Both BA and Virgin had started advertising flights from the end of August from Man- JFK direct ( this was 2 or so weeks ago) when I checked again to book 48 hours ago, they were unavailable and the only direct flights for August were from Heathrow. ( reading between the lines I think they were gearing up for a travel corridor to open up but it’s to no avail). You can book man- jfk direct for later months in the year- whether they run or not is a different matter……

Also the Man-Heathrow shuttle that BA run, has recently started up again but it’s currently only once a day.

Hope that helps- good luck with your trip.
scheduling flights may be less about running them and more about keeping slots, not sure MAN has that issue. UA used the pandemic to get back in to JFK, if you want a better idea of if a flight will actually operate look at the loads/seat maps..
Old Jul 25th 2021, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

I recall someone posting that there is a direct flight service from JFK to Manchester, but I have been unable to find the thread or to come up with anything via Google. (Virgin says they have such a service, but when I try to check the route, all that they give me is connecting flights via various airlines and various parts of Europe!) Can anyone advise whether I am dreaming or if such a direct service exists? Thank you!
AA and Virgin both served Manchester from JFK, prior to Covid's arrival. Although, AA pulled off the route about 6 months prior. AA have since pulled out of Manchester, altogether. Therefore, this is no Philadelphia Service, either. Aer Lingus does plan to introduce Boston, MA, to Manchester in the future. But, plans have been put on hold for the time being.

Jim.
Old Jul 25th 2021, 3:57 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
AA and Virgin both served Manchester from JFK, prior to Covid's arrival. Although, AA pulled off the route about 6 months prior. AA have since pulled out of Manchester, altogether. Therefore, this is no Philadelphia Service, either. Aer Lingus does plan to introduce Boston, MA, to Manchester in the future. But, plans have been put on hold for the time being.

Jim.
Thanks for the information.
Old Jul 25th 2021, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the information.
You're welcome. More Info Here;

https://mediacentre.aerlingus.com/pr...ails/108/12965

Jim.