JFK to MAN, direct?

Old Jul 19th 2021, 8:06 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default JFK to MAN, direct?

I recall someone posting that there is a direct flight service from JFK to Manchester, but I have been unable to find the thread or to come up with anything via Google. (Virgin says they have such a service, but when I try to check the route, all that they give me is connecting flights via various airlines and various parts of Europe!) Can anyone advise whether I am dreaming or if such a direct service exists? Thank you!
Old Jul 19th 2021, 8:22 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JFK to MAN, direct?

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
I recall someone posting that there is a direct flight service from JFK to Manchester, but I have been unable to find the thread or to come up with anything via Google. (Virgin says they have such a service, but when I try to check the route, all that they give me is connecting flights via various airlines and various parts of Europe!) Can anyone advise whether I am dreaming or if such a direct service exists? Thank you!

I know of no direct flight. I have been recently hunting for Manchester flights myself, and am coming back to the US from Manchester, on Aer Lingus and changing in Dublin. Nothing direct, although I'm going to Chicago. I think BMI used to have one, but they are no more of course.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 8:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

EWR to MAN on United is the one I always used. AFAIK the others stopped flying that route years ago.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 8:33 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I know of no direct flight. I have been recently hunting for Manchester flights myself, and am coming back to the US from Manchester, on Aer Lingus and changing in Dublin. Nothing direct, although I'm going to Chicago. I think BMI used to have one, but they are no more of course.
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
EWR to MAN on United is the one I always used. AFAIK the others stopped flying that route years ago.
Thanks to both of you. Haven't done it in thirteen years -- when BA still had the route on their schedule -- so very out of date!
Old Jul 19th 2021, 9:10 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see this one at the moment, either.

The Dublin change isn't bad though, because you go through US immigration and customs there so when you land, jet lagged and grumpy, you arrive just like a domestic passenger. Grab your bag and go, no more queues.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 9:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see this one at the moment, either.

The Dublin change isn't bad though, because you go through US immigration and customs there so when you land, jet lagged and grumpy, you arrive just like a domestic passenger. Grab your bag and go, no more queues.
If you fly to Toronto, then you could fly Air Transat to MAN.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Russet has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond repute

I think there is a direct flight from Philly to MAN?
Old Jul 19th 2021, 10:28 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

https://fly.manchesterairport.co.uk/...7-a6e006bf7217
Aer lingus in november shows a direct MAN-JFK 350 quid
Old Jul 20th 2021, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by RICH
https://fly.manchesterairport.co.uk/...7-a6e006bf7217
Aer lingus in november shows a direct MAN-JFK 350 quid

It looks like that, but when you actually go on the Aer Lingus site it turns out to be a connection through Dublin. At least mine is.
Old Jul 20th 2021, 12:04 am

If you fly to Toronto, then you could fly Air Transat to MAN.

Maybe another time,. I needed to do a triangle this time, owing to quarantine. To Gatwick, to then go and stay with my sister, then train to Liverpool to see LL and then fly back Man to Chicago.
Old Jul 20th 2021, 12:29 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like that, but when you actually go on the Aer Lingus site it turns out to be a connection through Dublin. At least mine is.
Interesting, Without actually booking, I did not see that snag,
Old Jul 20th 2021, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute

I flew direct from JFK to MAN twice with Virgin Atlantic.

Both those flights were in 2018 though so I don't know if they still exist.
Old Jul 20th 2021, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Location: from Yorkshire, via Hampshire and Surrey to NC Triangle
mommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to all

It’s on hiatus as far as I know. Daughter was booked to come here, got canceled twice and rearranged, third time no alternative but to go through London.

Old Jul 20th 2021, 3:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by mommapudding
It’s on hiatus as far as I know. Daughter was booked to come here, got canceled twice and rearranged, third time no alternative but to go through London.
I used to hate having to fly via London. It puts hours on the journey…not what you need after flying overnight.
Old Jul 20th 2021, 5:10 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

I used to hate having to fly via London. It puts hours on the journey…not what you need after flying overnight.
I agree -- the options that keep coming up include going via de Gaulle and Schiphol -- and there's even JFK to LHR to CDG to MAN! What the ????? That makes Dublin seem very reasonable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.