Wikiposts

Jewels

Old Apr 10th 2011, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

mctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to all
Default Jewels

Hey Guy's
Getting ready for the shipping people to come in this Thursday I was looking at my jewelry and thinking I would take it home in my hand luggage...most of it is costume jewelry but has very sentimental value.

Here is my problem, it fills my hand luggage, which I am ok with, I dont really need much for the plane, except sleeping pills, kindle and a few drinks

I was wondering what other people did with their jewelry and if they had problems...

Thanks
Old Apr 10th 2011, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

rozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud of
Default Re: Jewels

My friend put all her jewellery in her hand bag, as she was too afraid her suitcase might get lost in transit. Well, a clever pick pocket swiped the bag off her trolley as they were loading their baggage out of the taxi and onto the trolley at Heathrow. Grannies priceless jewellery never to be seen again. Take it hand luggage, but glue it to your hand or better still get a bag with a long strap and wear it across your body.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

mctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rozellem
My friend put all her jewellery in her hand bag, as she was too afraid her suitcase might get lost in transit. Well, a clever pick pocket swiped the bag off her trolley as they were loading their baggage out of the taxi and onto the trolley at Heathrow. Grannies priceless jewellery never to be seen again. Take it hand luggage, but glue it to your hand or better still get a bag with a long strap and wear it across your body.
Oh no thats awful...good idea about the bag worn across the body, I have just the bag for that....Thanks for sharing the story...
Old Apr 10th 2011, 2:31 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I had my jewellery box in my cabin baggage which stayed with me at all times as I had all passports, important papers etc in there as well. I didn't let it go on the trolley with the other stuff. I was kind of paranoid about that case!
Old Apr 10th 2011, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

Left some in my bedroom for the shippers to pack. Unfortunately it wasn't in the packing boxes at this end. Customs hadn't opened any of our boxes, so I contacted shippers.

Manager said he'd look into it (I even told him which guy packed the bedroom). Reply I received was "I have spoken to the packer and he remembers packing the jewellery in the box".
Old Apr 10th 2011, 11:13 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I had my jewellery box in my cabin baggage which stayed with me at all times as I had all passports, important papers etc in there as well. I didn't let it go on the trolley with the other stuff. I was kind of paranoid about that case!
Yes this is what I did recently, that bag was almost glued to my hand.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold

Hand luggage with a death grip on it!
Old Apr 11th 2011, 11:37 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

I heard recently of someone who, whilst travelling through an airport in Asia, was asked to hand over their hand luggage (containing their jewellery) so that inspectors could look at it "out the back". The passenger insisted the inspectors call the police if they needed to search the hand luggage away from her at which point it apparently was no longer necessary.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 11:43 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
I heard recently of someone who, whilst travelling through an airport in Asia, was asked to hand over their hand luggage (containing their jewellery) so that inspectors could look at it "out the back". The passenger insisted the inspectors call the police if they needed to search the hand luggage away from her at which point it apparently was no longer necessary.
Good tip Brissybee!!