Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Iphone 5 or 5c or Samsung galaxy S5

Iphone 5 or 5c or Samsung galaxy S5

Old Jun 19th 2015, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iphone 5 or 5c or Samsung galaxy S5

Without an iPhone how will you synch to the $17,000 Apple Edition watch that someone's gonna surprise you with at xmas?

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-watch/.../A&step=detail
Old Jun 19th 2015, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MMcD
Without an iPhone how will you synch to the $17,000 Apple Edition watch that someone's gonna surprise you with at xmas?

Apple Watch Edition - Shop Apple Watch Edition - Apple Store (U.S.)
Ooo, me like.....let me know when the watch comes on groupon.
Old Jun 19th 2015, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 20th 2015, 1:04 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkiechef
Ooo, me like.....let me know when the watch comes on groupon.
me too!

I asked my mates on FB too. The techies amongst you all seem to like the android and it appears the iphones' appeal lies in their ease of use.

I have loads of music on itunes and I don't think a 16gb phone will be enough. I already have problems using endomondo and listening to music at the same time whilst I'm running and I've only managed to get about 6 cds (in 2 locations...) on my current phone.

Just to throw a spanner in the works, eldest daughter has a oneplus phone and she thinks it is the bee's knees. Her advice was to wait because they're bringing out a oneplus2 or something and so the original is going to go down in price.

Then there's google project fi which I've signed up for but haven't yet received the "go" on that from them, I'll need a nexus 6 for that.I quite fancy that service ($30 a month) but the phone's are $500 - $600 and I'm far too tight fisted to pay that.

I bought a v cheap Nokia when we arrived ($50) - this is what I'm still using almost 2 years on and it was supposed to be a temporary measure to keep costs down. It's fine for the younger kids but I'd like something a bit better.
Old Jun 21st 2015, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Go with what you're used to. If you're accustomed to using Apple products and services then go with that. I'd been on Android for years and then decided to give an iphone a go. Needless to say I preferred my Android and dislike the iphone. I'd say that if you're more technically inclined and like personlizing your phone to your needs, go with Android, if you prefer a phone out of the box, ready to go, with a simple UI and minimal tech know-how, go with Apple.
Originally Posted by Guindalf
Just for contrast, I had Android literally on the day the first Droid was released. I had that, then a Samsung Fascinate and a Galaxy Nexus. I fiddled with it so much that the battery would be dead by 2pm, so when I was due a replacement, I got an iPhone 5s, which gives me a MUCH better battery life. I now carry the 5s and a 6 (home & work) and have a Galaxy S5 on my desk (and several older iPhones IN my desk), and I much prefer the simplicity of the iPhone.

Sometimes too much control can be dangerous.
I had a crappy slide phone, with dinosaur internet, I upgraded 3 years ago to the samsung s3, for the first few months I thought it was awesome because of all the bells and whistles my old slide phone didn't have. I had an Ipad too so I had somewhat of a comparison. I held on to the S3 for 3 years (just because I was being cheap) but it got to the point that I couldn't wait to change! I finally upgraded to the Iphone 6 and love it!!!

Samsung will need to bring out something pretty spectacular before I will consider switching back.