British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Interesting article (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/interesting-article-770422/)

LA2JHB Sep 3rd 2012 3:07 pm

Interesting article

Taken from Supersport commentator visiting the UK for the current cricket...

Week 8
by Neil`s UK diary 03/09/2012, 07:19

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 2

Only the most brave-hearted, optimistic and enthusiastic supporters on the road could claim that South Africa’s tour is not suffering at the back-end of two months on the road. Much was made, understandably, of the potential impact the ‘new faces’ would make during the ODI section of the tour – and even more for the T20 section at the end – but the reality is different.

New passengers on a train running out of fuel do not provide impetus to the engine. It is what it is…running on low. Not quite empty, but the red light is flashing. Gary Kirsten has had the luxury of his wife, Deborah, and their three children visiting for a couple of trips during the tour but hotel life is never easy for anyone, never mind with three kids under the age of 10.

Talking of kids, the English youth ‘culture’ caught up with me in a big way this evening on the Underground. Living nearby to a circular line offers the perfect opportunity for delinquent parents to offer their considerably more delinquent children the opportunity to go and ‘play’ somewhere ‘safe’. And return after however many loops they fancy doing before turning in for the night.

Source and more here: http://www.supersport.com/cricket/bl...k-diary/Week_8

chris955 Sep 3rd 2012 6:21 pm

Re: Interesting article

Ah, OK then :confused:

Karrie72 Sep 3rd 2012 6:28 pm

Am I missing something here?:confused:

chris955 Sep 3rd 2012 6:41 pm

You and me both I think.

chris955 Sep 3rd 2012 6:44 pm

It is clearer now, i just read some of the OPs other posts, do likewise and it will become clear ;)

Sally Redux Sep 3rd 2012 11:59 pm

I think I remember this one, hates everywhere in the world :lol:

sallysimmons Sep 4th 2012 6:28 am

:lol: Sally, I love your avatar

:lol::lol::lol:

chris955 Sep 4th 2012 7:40 am

Especially the UK as it is full of miserable lazy people living in ugly cities. :lol::lol:

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 10262289)

MagsB Sep 4th 2012 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 10262289)

I see he is on his way to Oz now. Can't wait for the next installment to hear how miserable it is downunder.

LA2JHB Sep 4th 2012 7:02 pm

How pathetic. The slightest negative comment has you all up in arms and Sallu please watch what you say claiming I "hate everywhere in the world." I've probably been to a lot more places that you will ever dream of visiting.

chris955 Sep 4th 2012 8:43 pm

The problem is when you have a previous record of extreme overreaction it is to be expected that people wont take you seriously and the number of places you have visited seems to be completely irrelevant.

Sally Redux Sep 4th 2012 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by LA2JHB (Post 10263869)
How pathetic. The slightest negative comment has you all up in arms and Sallu please watch what you say claiming I "hate everywhere in the world." I've probably been to a lot more places that you will ever dream of visiting.

Maybe I should have phrased that better.

Hates everywhere he has lived.

chris955 Sep 5th 2012 7:22 am

:lol::thumbsup:

Grayling Sep 5th 2012 8:39 am

Originally Posted by LA2JHB (Post 10264692)
Piss off Sally

Wasn't that covered by Eric Clapton?

LA2JHB Sep 5th 2012 10:44 am

Chris read your own posts. Completely ridiculous-in your view the UK is like some kind of paradise where everything is perfect. This paints a completely unrealistic picture of a place that is massive decline.