Inspiring..

Old Jun 11th 2009, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inspiring..

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
Ironing....... I knew it was bad when the kids started running down the hall and diving into the mountain of washing on the laundry room floor, it was clean at least.

Today I piled a heap of crinkled shirts back in the dryer with some wet towels and they came out nice and crinkle free
Bloody good thinking that woman...!!!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:32 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
now if it was a man.. need I say more..
...or the young girl who just started working here on Monday and went home sick on Tuesday afternoon (a cold or something). Who the hell does that in their first week of work unless you're actually incapable of getting to the office?
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:51 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

What a great girl
Well done to Mom for raising such a little treasure, you should be very proud
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Is everything healing OK?
Old Jun 11th 2009, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevinva
Is everything healing OK?
It is yeah, she has to get the stitches out today - not looking forward to that!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

I completely agree, the way kids 'date' these days is totally confusing..my neighbours daughter (27) has at least 3 guys that she is 'seeing', she has no idea if any of them will ever be a serious relationship, I let her best friend have my spare room for a couple of months, while she finishes a summer class, her 'boyfriend' is 'hot'! but she says he is just a 'friend' (with benefits)

My youngest Son (16) says 'these days you don't have a girlfriend', you just hang out with groups? I just don't get it...but then I am old!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 3:02 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
her 'boyfriend' is 'hot'! but she says he is just a 'friend' (with benefits)
The guy that owns it is active duty (hot, hot guy!) he is coming here tomorrow
Hubs been away for a while again?
Old Jun 11th 2009, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

Samba, I read this on a blog about finance and your kids working, I thought it might be of interest to you with your hard working kids!

"How can we make sure our children grow up with the earning mentality rather than the entitlement mentality? One of the best ways to create an earning mentality in our children is to teach them how to work. However, there is a growing trend of fewer and fewer children working. As parents are providing financially for all their children’s needs, many children are no longer working during the summer. In2007 , for the first time on record the majority of U.S. teenagers were not working or looking for work at the beginning of the summer.

I’ve found that those who had jobs outside of the home while in high school and college have a stronger work ethic than those who did not. Having noticed this trend leads me to believe that teaching a child to work is not simply teaching them how to complete tasks or earn money, but it is teaching a way of life. Now as I hire employees, I seek to find those who have strong work ethic by asking what jobs they had during high school and college. The hardest working employees I have had are those who had to work their way through high school and college."
Old Jun 11th 2009, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
Samba, I read this on a blog about finance and your kids working, I thought it might be of interest to you with your hard working kids!

"How can we make sure our children grow up with the earning mentality rather than the entitlement mentality? One of the best ways to create an earning mentality in our children is to teach them how to work. However, there is a growing trend of fewer and fewer children working. As parents are providing financially for all their children’s needs, many children are no longer working during the summer. In2007 , for the first time on record the majority of U.S. teenagers were not working or looking for work at the beginning of the summer.

I’ve found that those who had jobs outside of the home while in high school and college have a stronger work ethic than those who did not. Having noticed this trend leads me to believe that teaching a child to work is not simply teaching them how to complete tasks or earn money, but it is teaching a way of life. Now as I hire employees, I seek to find those who have strong work ethic by asking what jobs they had during high school and college. The hardest working employees I have had are those who had to work their way through high school and college."
Interesting read, thanks. Especially where I live now, the kids just seem to get everything handed to them - just gotta look at the cars they drive.. where's the incentive to get out and earn a living??

Even when my daughter couldn't work here we made sure she did volunteering - It's a good thing to encourage kids to do.. and doesn;t look bad on their resume either.

My OH is always saying that he is often frustrated by college grads - not an ounce of common sense, or willingness to go above and beyond what is expected of them.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:17 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambapink
Interesting read, thanks. Especially where I live now, the kids just seem to get everything handed to them - just gotta look at the cars they drive.. where's the incentive to get out and earn a living??
I moved to Orange County when I was about oh, 20 I guess (I remember turning 21 while living there.. barely remember it, but it was fun) and I thought the same thing back then. Here I was, Miss Independence, out on my own, moved state, making my own way 100% and all my pals there still lived at home, well into their late 20s and spent all their money on indulging themselves. Parents gave them money and a few worked retail type jobs when they felt like it (hiring & retaining there was a nightmare.. look at the kid wrong and they just quit).
I know the cost of living makes moving out early harder than in some places, but I've always remembered that about S California. And of course, we all know what USC stands for: University of Spoiled Children.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Hubs been away for a while again?
hmm, he left last Sunday...not that long yet! I probably won't get to see him again until ThanksGiving
Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

hmm, he left last Sunday...not that long yet! I probably won't get to see him again until ThanksGiving
For real?? Oh my god.. how do you, erm.. cope?
Old Jun 12th 2009, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Just when I despair of the generation coming up, along comes someone like your daughter-pearl of great price my dear-good for you.
True enough. I remember doing a crappy temp job during a Summer - it was a one week position reminding people to tell them to pay a phone bill. Just one week, so figured what the hell - was going to visit my at the time g/f in the states and a little extra cash was going to come in handy.

It wasn't the best of jobs, but I remember being flat out amazed when 2 people said they wouldn't come back the next day after we'd been trained. The job was only for ONE WEEK! And by doing that, they didn't get paid anything.

How freaking lazy do you have to be to quit a one week position!?

I was only 19 at the time, but it was the first time I realized that my frankly minimal personal drive and ambition, was staggeringly high compared to some!
Old Jun 14th 2009, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sambapink
For real?? Oh my god.. how do you, erm.. cope?
For real...I cope by errm...use your imagination Samba! I know you have a good one

I have a few 'bobs' in my closet
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Well done to your daughter Samba, she sounds like a real trooper. I jope that her foot heals quickly.
Other quoters are correct, she must have very good parenting, so well done you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.