Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Infringement Police !!!

Infringement Police !!!

Old Jul 19th 2007, 12:11 am
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Infringement Police !!!

Originally Posted by Mally Lass
Well as she doesn't smoke around non-smokers (i.e, she will smoke in her garden if her non-smoking friends come over), I would imagine so

Anything else you would like to assume about my elderly Mother ??

If you don't want people making assumptions about your family members then don't discuss their activities on a public forum. You leave yourself open to comments that may offend you.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 9:14 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Well as she doesn't smoke around non-smokers (i.e, she will smoke in her garden if her non-smoking friends come over), I would imagine so

Anything else you would like to assume about my elderly Mother ??
Well i would assume shes a damn good looker , like i bet you are
Old Jul 19th 2007, 11:35 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

For all of those who are returning, just thought I would enlighten you about the "Infringement Police".

I'd never heard of them until last week, when my friend was give an 'on the spot fine' for disposing of a cigarrette butt in the gutter....(She stood on it and left it). She was approached from behind (no jokes from the lounge please ) and was given the £80 fine and a slap on the wrist.

I actually laughed at her thinking it was a one off

........... but I spoke to my Mother today (lives in another part of the Country), who told me that she was also fined on Friday for smoking in a ..............OPEN Bus Shelter !!! She obviously questioned the new 'Enclosed spaces Law' and was told that althought there were no signs up in the shelter, the fact that it had a semi-roof on it, made it enclosed

These were not the Police by the way, but new "Infringement Officers". They operate on general Law and By-Laws apparently.

Anyone else heard of them ??

The law technically says three sides, however it hasn't truly been applied across the board.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seasprite
Agreed! I heard about some pubs who were asking non smokers to stand outside every 30 mins so they know how the poor smokers feel. What I would reply is unrepeatable. I have had 38 years of smokers polluting me including my own parents...anyway, not going down that road, it's one of those never ending circular discussions!

I stopped going to my local a while back because I couldnt stand the smell of fags. Its so nice now to be able to go back when I want knowing that I dont have to wash my hair or clothes when I get in.
Lou
Old Jul 21st 2007, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by king kong
Agree entirely ,anyway all rules are made to be broken .Bring on the anarchy and get rid of all this do-gooding nanny state claptrap rule making .Honestly it makes me vomit its almost got to the stage where you cant take a shite in your own house without a camera up yer arse or some rule telling you you can only use one piece of bog paper otherwise youll be shot at dawn .
Britain is a great country and the people are some of the friendliest and funniest in the world but all this rule making is turning brits into snitches and general miseries .
It surprises me that the brits are standing for it ,they never used to stand for this govermental interferance in their lives and always stood up for freedom ,un fortunately the brits dont realise they are losing freedom bit by bit .They should make a stand now before its to late and they end up all microchipped and barcoded.
They say that in a democracy the people get the government they deserve. But will they do anything about it, I doubt it. Unless the peoples vote this lot out things will continue to get worse.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
The law technically says three sides, however it hasn't truly been applied across the board.
This is what was questioned because the bus shelter only had a back and half a roof, so therefore only technically had 1 side !!!

Originally posted by alicecat
If you don't want people making assumptions about your family members then don't discuss their activities on a public forum. You leave yourself open to comments that may offend you.
I was discussing a situation which happened to involve a family member, and I was stating facts not assumptions.

YOUR comment, assuming she WAS offending a non-smoker was what offended me. Ask questions if you dare, don't assume
Old Jul 21st 2007, 12:55 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

This is what was questioned because the bus shelter only had a back and half a roof, so therefore only technically had 1 side !!!

I was discussing a situation which happened to involve a family member, and I was stating facts not assumptions.

YOUR comment, assuming she WAS offending a non-smoker was what offended me. Ask questions if you dare, don't assume

well then yeah, it was bollocks.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute

well then yeah, it was bollocks.
Cheers Matt, thought so, bloody revenue hunters
Old Jul 21st 2007, 1:13 pm
Straw Man.

Cheers Matt, thought so, bloody revenue hunters
without looking into it more I would say that they have a case for claiming it back, the law is very specific as to where people can and cant smoke.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

without looking into it more I would say that they have a case for claiming it back, the law is very specific as to where people can and cant smoke.
After looking into myself, I agree, I'm sure she could claim it back, but even if it was foolproof, I know she wouldn't...............TOO Proud !