Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Infomercial's - name and shame yourselves

Infomercial's - name and shame yourselves

Old Aug 13th 2007, 2:58 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Infomercial's - name and shame yourselves

What I don't understand is that "4 easy payments of $19.95"

if you have to finance something for $80, you really cannot afford it.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 3:18 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
What I don't understand is that "4 easy payments of $19.95"

if you have to finance something for $80, you really cannot afford it.
Well, that just tells you who these infomercials are aimed at - the poor uneducated who don't know any better.

Sad really.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

farmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Elvira
Well, that just tells you who these infomercials are aimed at - the poor uneducated who don't know any better.

Sad really.
Also the elderly and confused/gullible. My MIL has a huge knife set (rocker blades ), and countless sets of cleaning products and items. Huge sets of bottles and tubs in the bathroom, kitchen, and every closet with only a dab or two ever used. Also the weight loss products
Old Aug 13th 2007, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

I once *nearly* bought some Spacebags, but had the sense to check out epinions first
Are those the ones that suck air out of the bag? If so, that's a dumb idea because it'll create creases in your clothes.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 4:12 pm
Silly fool for love

twiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to all

ack! What just happened? went to check out the tobi site and got ambushed by a popup claiming to be a live agent.

evil. evil. evil.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 6:36 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Oh look. LH is posting a laundry thread......

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
Mate ironing is just not worth it, I was here about 10 years before I became Americanized and cottoned onto the concept of dry cleaning everything. A shirt can be laundered and pressed better than you could ever iron it for about 95 cents a piece here in LA.
Obviously shirts do not need to be dry cleaned, it's more expensive than laundering
There's one on practically every corner in West LA, you can get your work week shirts done for $5 for the whole week, some people spend that every day on Starbucks.
I'd rather make my own coffee at home and have a nice fresh pressed shirt in cellophane every day thanks very much.
Laundered and no starch thanks.

Oh yeah.................. I've been here 20 years and never bought anything off TV, had some laughs watching the stupid infommercials though
Old Aug 13th 2007, 6:37 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redlippie
Oh look. LH is posting a laundry thread......
Just trying to come down to your creative level
Old Aug 13th 2007, 6:43 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Just trying to come down to your creative level
No, it is because you're a stuffed shirt
Old Aug 13th 2007, 6:46 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

No, it is because you're a stuffed shirt
You have definitely got your finger on the personality pulse.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 6:46 pm

You have definitely got your finger on the personality pulse.
You have a pulse?
Old Aug 13th 2007, 6:49 pm
Banned

You have a pulse?
Emmmmmm no, I mean yes. Is there a punchline
Old Aug 13th 2007, 11:12 pm
Position - Offside

Location: Harvest, Alabama from Newport Pagnell, Bucks/Mitcham, Surrey
Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
Probably, but only if you call in the next 10 minutes!
Not only do you get the bonus car caddy, but if you phone in the next ten minutes we will double it,, reduce it from four payments to 3, free batteries for life, you only pay shipping and handling, a free terry bath robe, two turby twists, a set of steak knives and a 10 times magnifying mirror. How can you turn all that down. lololol

Have you noticed how the "phone in ten minutes" usually amounts to several days?
Old Aug 14th 2007, 12:34 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

I once *nearly* bought some Spacebags, but had the sense to check out epinions first

Spacebags work fine - we have loads of them in the house.
In fact out winter coats are hanging in the cloakroom now all wrapped up in spacebags.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 1:33 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Titchski
Were these the red pots with the holes in to drain the water out of without the need for a collander?

If so. I quite agree. Useless, unless you happen to like rust as a condiment

Also, I tried to buy a Starglider Super Mop (actually 2 for the price of 1) from Anthony Sullivan, but they were out of stock.
They are a long jar that cooks the pasta by adding boiling water and just leaving the jar to stand. Something told me the physics wasn't right.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 1:36 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Titchski
Were these the red pots with the holes in to drain the water out of without the need for a collander?
If so. I quite agree. Useless, unless you happen to like rust as a condiment.
My FIL also bought one of those things - but he'd rather people didn't know about it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.