Inauguration day

Old Jan 22nd 2013, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Inauguration day

what a fantastic spectacle this was.

Honoured to be part of it.

it was cool though
Attached Thumbnails Inauguration day-joe.jpg   Inauguration day-mr-president.jpg   Inauguration day-cold.jpg   Inauguration day-monumental.jpg  
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 10:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inauguration day

Originally Posted by redarmy990

it was cool though
Glad you had a good time but I really can't see why all the fuss and expense...especially the expense...when he's been president for the last 4 year.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

for me i think its because im now part of the DC community.

we live 8 miles outside DC just jump on the metro and in 15 minutes im outside the whitehouse.
it was my first inauguration day.
and it was MLK Day too

yes theres expence but i enjoyed this morethan anything the royal families ever done.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 10:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

for me i think its because im now part of the DC community.

we live 8 miles outside DC just jump on the metro and in 15 minutes im outside the whitehouse.
it was my first inauguration day.
and it was MLK Day too

yes theres expence but i enjoyed this morethan anything the royal families ever done.
Off to The Tower with you.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 10:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Had friends that were there. They were at one of the dinners a few nights ago when someone at their table gave them tickets as they were going to the ball as well, so that was nice.

Practically front row and got a hand shake from the president as well as to say a few words.

Did look a lot of fun, but sound of things, glad we didn't have to drive any where around there
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 11:16 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Glad you had a good time but I really can't see why all the fuss and expense...especially the expense...when he's been president for the last 4 year.
Says the woman who goes in for conspicuous consumption, $8,000 handbags and boots and such, and she's been around longer than four years.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 1:03 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Was Beyonce miming then?
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 1:38 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

it was cool though
Nice!

I enjoyed it on the TV machine. Very proud of our president.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 3:04 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Nice! ..... Very proud of our president.
Cause indeed for celebration ..... Obama's final inauguration!
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 3:18 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Cause indeed for celebration ..... Obama's final inauguration!
Bring on the next election. But lets do Valentines Day first.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 1:31 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
Was Beyonce miming then?
From what I heard on the news this morning she was although it was to a recording of her own voice, so that sort of doesn't make sense. Perhaps she was scared of cocking it up ...

Didn't hear the actual performance, though - did she still mime to that god-awful warbly can't-stay-on-one-note crap that everyone seems to use to butcher the National Anthem these days?
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 1:34 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I agree and boring!
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 1:46 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
From what I heard on the news this morning she was although it was to a recording of her own voice, so that sort of doesn't make sense. Perhaps she was scared of cocking it up ...

Didn't hear the actual performance, though - did she still mime to that god-awful warbly can't-stay-on-one-note crap that everyone seems to use to butcher the National Anthem these days?
Yes.

This just proves what I already knew - Beyonce is offcially shit. FFS even James Taylor was legit - not perfect, but I don't think people expect perfect in that situation. Kelly Clarkson, who doesn't have half the commercial pull of Beyonce, did her job and sounded lovely. What's the point of being a "singer" and not even being able to sing?
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 1:57 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.
That should be considered an act of treason.

This just proves what I already knew - Beyonce is offcially shit. FFS even James Taylor was legit - not perfect, but I don't think people expect perfect in that situation. Kelly Clarkson, who doesn't have half the commercial pull of Beyonce, did her job and sounded lovely.
In a live performance, nobody expects note-for-note perfection. At an event such as the President being sworn in, one would think an American artist would put forth the effort to actually use their own voice, wouldn't one? If Taylor and Clarkson can do it, surely she can as well?

What's the point of being a "singer" and not even being able to sing?
I honestly have no answer for that. Most singers I know, however, would have sung it live though. With no embellishments
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Would rather see "Trooping The Colour"

Jim.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.