Impromptu road trip

Old Feb 7th 2015, 2:29 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Impromptu road trip

Originally Posted by Hotscot
Have fun.
Try not to get arrested.
I've been told to avoid the 301 as it is speed trap central. I have to admit there might be laws in Georgia I could inadvertently transgress...It will be my first time driving in US outside Florida!
Old Feb 7th 2015, 2:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
It's on for tomorrow I'm going to incorporate the Fernandina suggestion in the route, but skip St Augustine as I have been there once before. Thanks.

I am going to look for a hotel for the night once I get there, have looked online what is there in Savannah. Any opinions welcome.

Have fun!
Old Feb 7th 2015, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

mwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of light

I am going to look for a hotel for the night once I get there, have looked online what is there in Savannah. Any opinions welcome.
Probably too late now, but...

Most of the hotels in the Historic District are pricey.
I don't know what your budget is but there is Comfort Suites one block from where the Historic District begins and it is reasonably priced compared to the hotels directly on the old town. I stayed there once and it is quite new and comfortable. Only downside is it can be a bit tricky getting out of as it is on a very busy road and you have to cross all the traffic to get anywhere.
Old Feb 7th 2015, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
It's on for tomorrow I'm going to incorporate the Fernandina suggestion in the route, but skip St Augustine as I have been there once before. Thanks.

The Marshall House is absolutely beautiful in Savannah - great service and lovely rooms, very serene right in the centre. Have an app called Hotels Tonight which gets really good rates at the last minute and you get $25 credit for using the app. Enjoy I love Savannah.
Old Feb 7th 2015, 10:33 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

running a bit late. Sitting on the ferry. Having a blast!
Old Feb 8th 2015, 3:49 am
BE Irregular

Arrived @ 9pm. Downtown Saturday night is fun! Comfort Suite was practically first place I saw and was tired so checked in. Thanks for the tip.

I skippped the beach- too late, but did end up going to St Augustine. Hope the link pulls up the route.

Route