Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Are imported UK foods really expensive in the US?

Are imported UK foods really expensive in the US?

Old Mar 20th 2015, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

OnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are imported UK foods really expensive in the US?

Vegetarian baked beans are at my local supermarket ( Kroger ) @ 60 cents a can.

There's plenty of US crap which is equally tasty as Jaffa cakes etc. But it's not really necessary, plus it makes Christmas special when your family send you stuff!

I wish I had insisted on everything from scratch since I came to the US- then I probably wouldn't have high blood pressure or diabetes....

@ mwdake- instead of buying mushy peas in a can try boiling down an 8 oz pack of lima beans ( 99c at my local Kroger supermarket ) with a teaspoon of honey. It's the same.
Old Mar 20th 2015, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

mwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Are imported UK foods really expensive in the US?

@ mwdake- instead of buying mushy peas in a can try boiling down an 8 oz pack of lima beans ( 99c at my local Kroger supermarket ) with a teaspoon of honey. It's the same.
Thanks, I would never of thought of that.
I will give it a try.